It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 protest in Anaheim after videos show off-duty LAPD officer firing gun in dispute with teens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Tuesday’s confrontation began over what Anaheim police described as “ongoing issues” with the juveniles walking across the officer’s property.

Oh good. Here I was thinking this officer wasn't justified in drawing and discharging his gun to scare off some teenagers.

Yah, the sacred lawn. Put up a white picket fence.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

They are or will quickly become riots.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I live on a corner so I have the occasional person cutting through on my driveway. I just ask politely that they not do that and guess what? They say 'no problem' and don't do it again.

edit on 23-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So this really comes down to whether you believe the cop when he claimed that the boy said he would shoot him. If the boy said that, then he is completely justified in everything he did up until the point when his firearm discharged. The group of kids put there hands on him while he was making a lawful arrest, they rushed him and pushed him over the hedge. At that point they are crowding him, swinging punches and becoming a threat to him. He was absolutely justified to pull his firearm. I imagine it was an accidental discharge.

Don't get emotional just because these are kids. Some kids are bad. Some kids yell out threats because they think they can get away with it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
here is the full video,

you failed to mention that one charged him and pushed them over the hedges, then one swung on him.
as said before it was probably a accidental discharge. then one jumped the hedge like he was gonna be a bad ass.

and that in the end two of the little cockaroches went to jail.

they thought they was some bad asses and found out differently.
edit on 23-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That video opens with the cop holding him. In my America, that's called assault. Unless you're a cop, of course. Then it's called "I do what I want and get away with it."

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I agree,
My question is does this police officer know how bad these things can get? (of course he does)

The point is not lost on me from some of the posts that ask if the grass is damaged, making fun of the situation that started this. I really hope the police officer realizes his life very well may never be the same again.

The police officer may be in the right, but kids are stupid, and he was drug down into the endless stupidity they are famous for creating.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

That video opens with the cop holding him. In my America, that's called assault.

well of course it does, don't all of the videos that try to paint the cops in a bad light open that way. funny how they never show what started the confrontation ain't it.
in a America, a cop can detain people even off duty, these kids have been messing with him for a while even before this. they knew he was a cop couldn't haven't not known for the time they have been living there. they just didn't care and found out the hard way, that when you ____ around, you lose around.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I agree, and from what I have heard, kids are stupid.

I hate to see this sort of thing, the cop (if what he said happened ) is right. The trouble that this has created may not be worth the infraction of trespass. But he was right.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

And if that cop had been a regular citizen he would have been arrested for discharging his weapon. Funny how we hold the people that should be better trained at handling a gun to lower standards than your average gun owner.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

What makes me wonder is the Cop knows how bad these things get. Does he not have a camera or a phone?

This is going to cost 10s or thousands of $ in cop response to riots. Next time use a camera cops are supposed to be smarter than 13 year olds.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Grown arse man struggles to subdue a child, Christ that's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And if that cop had been a regular citizen he would have been arrested for discharging his weapon. Funny how we hold the people that should be better trained at handling a gun to lower standards than your average gun owner.

probably so, but here is the is the fact of the matter, a off duty cop can arrest you. if you and three others are resisting he has the right to pull his weapon. if during the resistance as seen when the one that swung tried to pull the one he was holding away after little billy bad ass jumped the hedge and was distracting him, there are no standards that pertain to that if you understand what i'm saying. he was fighting with four people. holding his weapon. he has to divide his attention, if he flexes his hand it's not unbelievable that it was indeed a accidental discharge.

it was accidental discharge plain and simple, he had four little billy bas asses thinking they were gonna do just as they pleased, and damn everyone else. they found out differently.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
They're not just kids. They're a bunch of hooligans with no respect for someone's property and especially for the law. It amazes me how people justify this sort of behavior. Not only the man was in his property and within the right to protect it but also is a cop who received a death threat by a little punk with no regards whatsoever of the law. Look the behavior of other kids, including some females. Is deplorable. Our society is really going into a demise at a scary pace.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

probably so, but here is the is the fact of the matter, a off duty cop can arrest you.

However, the other thing that has to occur is the off duty cop in street clothes can't just grab you, whup out a sidearm and start telling you what to do without one crucial precursor. Lacking that, he or she can't do doodly, and can be killed in legitimate self-defense by the grabbee.

And I bet you know what, right?

hint - it's why they don't allow plainclothes in unmarked cars to do traffic stops in many states...
edit on 23-2-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I bet the off duty police officer is wishing he would have gone about this in a different way. Do you?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

He has to say, 'Simon says, put your hands over your head'.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I agree, and from what I have heard, kids are stupid.

yes the over whelming majority of them are, some are also cocky want a be billy bad asses. that don't realize that there are others that don't play that, or reach a breaking point and will beat that ass for them.

The trouble that this has created may not be worth the infraction of trespass.

yes, but i have a feeling that it won't be the cop that pays. it's gonna be one of the kids that got his feelings and his pride hurt and the are gonna show their esa's their machismo, and wind up lying dead in the cops yard.

and yes even then the cop would still be in the right.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He has to say, 'Simon says, put your hands over your head'.

Close. You know, I've occasionally wondered - the cops say they can come into your front yard without a warrant or having to face charges of constructive trespass because the law considers the front yard to be a public area, given that people have to walk up to your door to knock etc.

How does that not apply to situations like Sergeant OffMyLawn? Is it another one of those things that only apply to cops and mailmen?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

How does that not apply to situations like Sergeant OffMyLawn? Is it another one of those things that only apply to cops and mailmen?

I suppose they could claim they were going to sell him Girl Scout cookies and he flipped his s***.

He just strikes me as someone looking for a confrontation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join