It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama lawyers team up to fight Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: happyperson
a reply to: introvert

People who are satisfied with what they have never ahead in life. People who strive to do better get ahead in life. America is not a third world country, but it can do better. Personally, I'd like to see the US military add 500 F-22 jets and 20 Zumwalt destroyers.

Of course we can do better, but we are not in shambles as the anti-Obama folks would lead you to believe.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

We are fine. There are things we can definitely improve on, but it's not doom and gloom.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

From the OP's link:

The group is incorporated both as a 501(c)(3) and a 501(c)(4), meaning it can operate as a nonprofit while also engaging in limited political advocacy.

This is all I need to know for now.

Keep an eye on this bunch.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

From the OP's link:

The group is incorporated both as a 501(c)(3) and a 501(c)(4), meaning it can operate as a nonprofit while also engaging in limited political advocacy.

This is all I need to know for now.

Keep an eye on this bunch.

Yup if they were really out to watchdog ethics and that alone... why file to be allowed to perform political advocacy.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Your optimism is..astonishing.

It's not doom and gloom and I realise being pessimistic about it won't help either. But realistically, the issues I mentioned before are not going to be solved by the "we can continuously find ways to better ourselves and improve" approach. They are serious problems that require serious solutions.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: happyperson
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The One China Policy does not imply the Communist regime. It could mean the Republic of China. The Communist regime won't last forever.

If you say so. I still don't see any reason to get all fearful of China.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

This is just your partisan hate list and has nothing to do with the fact that I already showed that Obama had been checked by judicial review regardless of what you THINK should have been judicially reviewed. Hell some of your claims are just dumb and aren't subject to judicial review. For example:

54. Claimed the Fort Hood shooting was “workplace violence” rather than terrorism.

Claiming something would be an opinion and the President is covered under the First Amendment just like the rest of us.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
My guess is that Obama's lawyers will be protecting Obama's legacy and agenda in court more than protecting democracy. Only time will tell.

I think that you've nailed it.

I, too, mourn the days when previous presidents would allow the newly elected presidents to hold office in relative peace to do their job uninhibited by the concerns about opinions of past presidents (unless sought out, of course).

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Your optimism is..astonishing.

It's not doom and gloom and I realise being pessimistic about it won't help either. But realistically, the issues I mentioned before are not going to be solved by the "we can continuously find ways to better ourselves and improve" approach. They are serious problems that require serious solutions.

I completely agree. The problems arise when we try to address what are the problems we face and how to solve them.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Keep Drinking The " Koolaid " Mr. K , Your Objectivity is ALMOST Gone.................

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Keep Drinking The " Koolaid " Mr. K , Your Objectivity is ALMOST Gone.................

Says the guy trying to say that a President having an opinion is a violation of the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Has Mr. Obama endorsed this group of attorneys in some way in their new pursuits?

My god, the man casts a long shadow.

1. President Obama has the right to speak his mind on any topic at any time as an American.

2. These folks who worked for President Obama have their own goals and expectations in life, and have the right to assemble as they choose and pursue those goals.

What's the big deal here again???
edit on 24-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join