It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens, the Nephilim and our Common Ancestry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: gps777

Ok. Here is the definitive proof that a world wide flood didn't happen:
Old Tjikko

The fact that this tree is still alive proves that no flood happened in the past that covered all the land on the planet. And I'm still waiting to hear how this mineralized water de-mineralized and asscended into the heavens to rain down on the planet, only to remineralize afterwards.

Yet the flood myth is very widespread in our ancient mythologies. It doesn't prove that anything happened, but that myth is very widespread. It would seem to suggest that something like that happened. A lot of flooding, that is.
edit on 27-2-2017 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Old Tjikko

The fact that this tree is still alive proves that no flood happened in the past that covered all the land on the planet. And I'm still waiting to hear how this mineralized water de-mineralized and asscended into the heavens to rain down on the planet, only to remineralize afterwards.

How does that prove that? All it could possibly prove is that if a world wide flood did occur, that it did so much further in the past than is commonly believed.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There is geological evidence to support the happening of a cataclysmic flood in modern day Iraq in or around 2900BC.

Referring back to the OP, such a flood would have affected the whole world from the perspective of those writing down the stories.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlassToTheArson

Old Tjikko

How does that prove that? All it could possibly prove is that if a world wide flood did occur, that it did so much further in the past than is commonly believed.

Well, there has been a continuous sea level rise since the last glacial period by 130 meters over 14k years, which will have caused local floodings, forced a migration away from coastal areas, giving rise to the flood myths.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

Old Tjikko

Yet the flood myth is very widespread in our ancient mythologies. It doesn't prove that anything happened, but that myth is very widespread. It would seem to suggest that something like that happened. A lot of flooding, that is.

That's because humans tend to live by waterways and floods happen a lot near many of these places. It also isn't inconceivable that some larger than normal flood hid an area in the past. I'm not saying there was no flood, but the tale in the Bible is a bunch of hooey.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Inc_9x
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There is geological evidence to support the happening of a cataclysmic flood in modern day Iraq in or around 2900BC.

Referring back to the OP, such a flood would have affected the whole world from the perspective of those writing down the stories.

I do not disagree that world meant something VASTLY differently to the ancients than it does today. Something that is lost in translation quite a bit with bible literalists. Keep in mind that the ark still couldn't physically float either.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Iv'e wondered, perhaps the "Ark" wasn't a physical boat at all.
and instead of 2 of every animal in physical form, maybe the bible mean 2 of every animals genome, and the ark was some type of Ziggurat/advanced type of "Extra dimensional" craft.

And all these religious texts have been translated into english poorly because english is insufficient.
But that's just thinking outside the box.

Also in mythology, the gods always have a food or drink which infers immortality, which is curious.
The greek gods had Ambrosia
The Norse gods had Iduns Apples
Gilgamesh caught the gods Plant, which granted immortality
The vedic gods had the Soma
...And it goes on...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Inc_9x
I know if I look within myself and then around at our society, I feel a real disconnect from who we really are, from my own truth and what we were placed on Earth to do.
Modern life all just feels a bit phoney and empty to me and I guess that’s why the thought that there is a deeper, more spiritual way of existing is one which resonates with me so much.

I know what you mean. The whole 9-5, sleep eat poop, hear about the oscars over and over again just seems like were stuck in the most meaningless groundhogs day ever. One day you wake up, see there is so much going on the world but it seems like everyone is sleepwalking past it all and doesn't want you to disturb their sleep. It's completely phoney. It's like waking up on a very long train ride and everyones asleep and there is no one to talk to so you just try to get a little nap in to pass the time but it never changes no matter how many times you wake up.

Were spiritual beings in a material body, our very lives are preternatural but we close our eyes and only look to the material things. I'm convinced there is a whole other world of spirituality right on top of our own. We see it all throughout our ancient history, 2 kings 6:17, the battle of Judges 5, the titanomachy, spiritual things are happening all around us while we gasp at the oscars. The visible life is absurd to be sure.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Sansanoy because: clairity

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That's because humans tend to live by waterways and floods happen a lot near many of these places. It also isn't inconceivable that some larger than normal flood hid an area in the past. I'm not saying there was no flood, but the tale in the Bible is a bunch of hooey.

I agree that the Bible's recounting of the flood was somewhat inaccurate in its details, though I think there may have been an ancient global flood event. No I don't think the entire land mass of the planet was completely covered with water a hundred feet deep.

There may have been one of those one in ten thousand years, many thousands of years ago, where it rained a lot over most of the land mass. If the planet had heavy glaciation at the time, for a lot of areas 'the world' would have consisted of that strip of land between the shore and the landward wall of ice. Inland basins can fill, and even regions with adequate drainage could have become a real quagmire in the right weather conditions.

So while the entire landmass of the planet might not have been completely covered in water, I could see how it might have seemed so for ancient peoples who happened to document these events. The fact that that one hilltop that no one could climb to in normal weather was still above the water got lost in the telling over the years. Actually a few of the myths do have survivors swimming to high hilltops.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I'm all for it just being a larger than normal flood. That is honesty, but Christians don't want to settle for such an account. There are many divided on how big it truly was. Me, I think the flood probably happened (local flood though), but I don't think that Noah existed.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm all for it just being a larger than normal flood. That is honesty, but Christians don't want to settle for such an account. There are many divided on how big it truly was. Me, I think the flood probably happened (local flood though), but I don't think that Noah existed.

I think there was at least one guy who built a boat after receiving what he believed to be divine inspiration and/or direction, and took some animals on it. Whether that guy's name was Noah, and whether or not it all went down exactly as told in the book of Genesis, I couldn't say. The survivor surviving because he had a boat that god(s) told him to build is also a common theme in flood myths though. At least Noah and Utnapishtim, but I believe there are others as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Except its more likely that some guy just weathered an unusually large flood with a boat they already owned. I bet there was no divine inspiration *cough* mental illness *cough* involved whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Inc_9x

What will completely blow your mind is that you can find similar stories in the history of any faith. The Native American Lakota tribe, for example, told a story of a young warrior, Fallen Star – whose mother was human and whose father came from the stars.

Actually, no:

Long ago, two Lakota maidens were out one night looking at the stars. One young woman said, “See that big beautiful star, I wish I would marry it.” The other woman said the same about another star. Suddenly, they are transported into the star world, and then these two stars become their husbands. The wives become pregnant. They are told this star world is theirs but also warned not to dig any wild turnips.
Eventually one of them does and as she pulls out the turnip a hole opens in the star world. She is able to look down and see the earth and even her own village. She becomes homesick and decides to return to earth. She braids more and more turnips to make a rope and lets herself down through the hole. But the braid doesn’t reach the earth and she falls. The crash kills her but her baby is born. The baby is raised by a meadowlark. Since meadowlarks speak Lakota, the baby, now named “Fallen Star,” grows up speaking it too.

Source

Harte

edit on 3/2/2017 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Not speaking for him, but when I read it I assumed he was referring to the origin of the belief, not the literal belief. For example stars don't have the proper equipment to impregnate a woman. There are also a lot of other stories that directly give a star the ability to be human, just as planets were known as a gate to a particular gods realm or perhaps as the god themselves.

There are a lot of these stories around the world that if we rewind their cultural development they start to form into the same overall story. Then when we let it play through time it devolves into more abstract stories like this one that are more likely to be passed down than the original story whose context is lost.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sansanoy

Not speaking for him, but when I read it I assumed he was referring to the origin of the belief, not the literal belief. For example stars don't have the proper equipment to impregnate a woman. There are also a lot of other stories that directly give a star the ability to be human, just as planets were known as a gate to a particular gods realm or perhaps as the god themselves.

There are a lot of these stories around the world that if we rewind their cultural development they start to form into the same overall story. Then when we let it play through time it devolves into more abstract stories like this one that are more likely to be passed down than the original story whose context is lost.

Yet the story has nothing about anyone coming from the stars. So, one cannot claim aliens came down and impregnated a woman, which is what was stated, or at least implied.
What we have is the myth. We don't have anything else and to claim it means something else is indicative of nothing at all.

Harte

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Came up or went down, I think it's a distinction without a difference. I don't think the direction of travel is really important in distinguishing it from the highly similar themes that we find world wide, especially given the way these things get re-cultured as they travel. I mean it's possible this is a random outlier, but there are plenty of others to maintain the global theme.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Sansanoy because: added an explanation

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Came up or went down, I think it's a distinction without a difference. I don't think the direction of travel is really important in distinguishing it from the highly similar themes that we find world wide, especially given the way these things get re-cultured as they travel. I mean it's possible this is a random outlier, but there are plenty of others to maintain the global theme.

Yes, there is a night sky up there and it's world-wide.

Harte

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Yeah. But depending on the latitude, it looks different.

edit on 3/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. But depending on the latitude, it looks different.

But no less mysterious, and equally prone to be the subject of a great many myths.

Harte

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Yet the story has nothing about anyone coming from the stars. So, one cannot claim aliens came down and impregnated a woman, which is what was stated, or at least implied.
What we have is the myth. We don't have anything else and to claim it means something else is indicative of nothing at all.

Harte

But both Aborigines and American Indians have stories about Star People. The Aborigines have been shown to be pretty good with their stories matching actual happenings on their continent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join