It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens, the Nephilim and our Common Ancestry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
So I have been here for years and posted probably once in all that time.

I was originally drawn to this site following a UFO encounter that I had some 7 years ago. Such was the impact of this event on my life at that time that I was desperate to learn if anybody else had ever encountered anything similar.

Anyway, I saw a post on the site this week – a rallying call if you will to step back from all the Trump/Clinton political ranting in an effort to get ATS back to what it has always been good at – those things that brought me here in the first place.

So in answering that call, I thought I would post something – my first proper post in the best part of a decade, so here goes (be gentle with me – it’s practically my first time):

Everyone is familiar with the bible story of Noah and the great flood. We all know that according to the Old Testament, God sent a flood to cleanse the Earth of its wickedness and entrusted Noah with the task of taking two of every animal onto an ark which he built to God’s own specification.

What people might not know is that the wickedness that the flood was sent to obliterate was the Nephilim.

Genesis 6: 4 states:

The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them…

Who were the Nephilim?

The answer to this question is tricky because obviously not much has survived from the time of the Nephilim and it is therefore unlikely that we are going to arrive at any definitive answer.

The matter is complicated further by the fact that in the 2nd Century AD, eminent orthodox Jewish sage: Simeon bar Yochai decreed that there should be a curse on any person who taught that the Nephilim were anything other than noblemen or the sons of ancient kings.

So to get a better understanding of the Nephilim, it is necessary to follow the white rabbit back in time. To go back beyond the curse to get a sense of what people understood the Nephilim to be prior to the decree that it should be taught that they were just men.

I guess a good question to ask is why did Simeon bar Yochai feel the need to place a curse on alternate teachings? Well in answer to this question, it would appear that other teachers, of or before that time, had taught that the Nephilim were “fallen angels” who had come to Earth and taken the women of Earth (by force) to sire a super race of beings called the Elioud who were part human, part “angel”.

It follows that this tale of a race of angels that came from the stars to breed with the women of Earth was a view that did not accord to the principles and teachings of the early church.
Theologically we were moving into a time of monotheism where the sanctity of marriage was strongly being pushed – men were asserting their dominance over women and this story of angels coming from the stars to have sex with the women of Earth just did not serve to advance that narrative.

The term Nephilim features twice in the Hebrew bible, on both occasions it serves to translate Nephilim as “wicked giants”.

This is curious and intriguing.

In Aramaic, the term niyphelah refers to the constellation of Orion – the giant in the sky – and thus the Nephilim, in the Aramaic, are the sons of Orion.

Similarly in ancient Aram (modern day Syria), the term Nephila refers to the constellation of Orion. Thus in our search for the Nephilim we end up being directed to the stars by various sources.

We know that Orion also played a huge role in Egyptian society and that pyramids may have been aligned to the constellation in order to ensure the swift passage of the Pharos into the afterlife.

(The role of Orion in the evolution of human society is probably a point for a completely separate thread so out of fear of going off on a tangent, for now let’s just get back to Noah and the flood.)

According to the bible, the great flood was sent to wipe out the Nephilim and their offspring. It follows that if we can identify when the great flood occurred, we will have identified the last days of the Nephilim.

I had long assumed that the great flood was itself allegorical – I mean how could the whole Earth be flooded? However, what you have to consider is that for those writing down these stories, the Earth was a lot smaller.

For those writing down the stories, the Earth was everything they knew. For them, there was no America or South America or Antarctica – there probably wasn’t even a Europe. So the question that follows is when were the earliest stories being written down and was that place ever flooded?

The earliest work of literature written down is the Epic of Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh was a King, said to be part human and part god – who built the walls to the city of Uruk located in modern day Iraq.

What is interesting is that geological studies have traced a great flood to the times before Gilgamesh in the area where the Sumerian stories and Mesopotamian legends were recorded – the flood in question occurred in or around 2900BC.

In the Epic of Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh travels to meet an immortal man called Utnapishtim who built a large boat on the orders of the gods in order to ensure that humanity survived the great flood.

Utnapishtim is rewarded by the gods for having preserved the bloodline of the human race, who he reveals were created as a race of slaves to toil in the fields for the benefit of the gods. His reward is a plant which holds the secret to eternal life which he shares with Gilgamesh but which Gilgamesh subsequently loses to a serpent a la Adam in the Garden of Eden.

The character and story of Utnapishtim is so completely the same as that of Noah in the bible that many scholars accept that the story of Noah and the great flood as told in Genesis is simply a retelling of the story recounted by Utnapishtim in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Where my view differs from that of many scholars is that I think the great flood was less allegorical and may have actually been an event in the Middle East in or around 2900BC.

Now for the bit that will get the ufologists amongst you excited. Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian legends all tell of The Apkallu.

The Apkallu are depicted as being half man, half fish and they were sent by the benevolent deity Enki to deliver the “me” – the basis of all civilisation – to the human race.

Are these reptilian/fish-men who served as advisors to the early kings the Nephilim that we are looking for? Are they still with us – advising our leaders today?

If the stories are to be believed then the Nephilim and Elioud lived lives that were exponentially longer than those that we live out today.

The bible tells us that Noah lived to be over 900 years old and in the story of Gilgamesh, the corresponding character - Utnapishtim - was immortal.

Could it be that these visitors from the stars, these angels, this Nephilim, brought with them a plant – a tree of life if you will – that they created the human race to cultivate and harvest for them and that the said plant perished, or the harvest failed, as a result of the great flood?

If the Nephilim and Apkallu are one and the same, maybe the plant that Utnapishtim (aka Noah) describes is actually a metaphor for a superior knowledge that lead at that time to immortality or a greatly extended life?

To be continued...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Inc_9x

Continued...

These are the oldest stories that we have – they are the basis of all of our religious creation myths and they all tell of a race coming from the stars to breed with human women some 5000 years ago.
What is even more interesting is that there is evidence that the early church attempted to cover up these stories which for millennia had been accepted as the truth.

What will completely blow your mind is that you can find similar stories in the history of any faith. The Native American Lakota tribe, for example, told a story of a young warrior, Fallen Star – whose mother was human and whose father came from the stars.

The Lakota creation story says that before our people, there were another people who displeased the Great Spirit so much that he summoned rain to flood the earth and wash them out.

In Hindu mythology the Avatar warns Manu of an impending flood sent by Vishnu to cleanse the world and advises him to build a giant boat. A similar flood is sent by Zeus according to Plato, with Prometheus telling Deucalion to build an ark to save humanity.

Common to all our belief systems is an idea that we came from the stars and that we survived a cataclysmic event because somebody on the inside, some messenger of the gods or otherwise of the stars, was on our side – and they had our backs.

I can derive a certain amount of comfort from that.

Anyway, I felt it was interesting and thought I would share what I have learnt. I guess whether you take the stories literally, i.e. that people came from space to father humanity to human women, or you dismiss those stories as just myths that the unenlightened told to explain why some people in society are seen as better than others, there is something truly wondrous in the discovery that whilst our religions may now be profoundly different, they are all built on the same ancient foundations which appear to be common to us all.

I know if I look within myself and then around at our society, I feel a real disconnect from who we really are, from my own truth and what we were placed on Earth to do.
Modern life all just feels a bit phoney and empty to me and I guess that’s why the thought that there is a deeper, more spiritual way of existing is one which resonates with me so much.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my post. If you want to make contact with me, then please feel free to do so.

Now in true ATS fashion – it’s over to you!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You may be interested to read the Book of Enoch (or what survives of it) which goes into quite some detail regarding the Watchers Fallen Angels & Nephilim and the reasoning behind "Gods" flooding of the earth.
Book of Enoch pdf

I've read it so many times and always get a little bit more from it each time, just a tad more understanding. Its one of the very few religious texts that actually gels with me

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Ive often found it interesting how many of these "myths" (not just the flood) tend to appear across various religions and faiths.

To me, that would warrant further research and understanding.

Always an interesting post when It's in regards to finding our "true" origins rather than the twisted history we're taught.

And welcome back

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Good job on the OP... Dont be discouraged when the mental midgets come and attack you on the flood and Noah...
You are right all of the earth to them could mean only all of the earth they knew of... Or it could mean the whole earth... If the Earth was still one giant landmass or Pangaea and great earth quakes pole shift or what have you caused it to break up into continents and there was volcanic activity etc... Which there would be... Well all of this activity would also spawn enourmous storm activity... But not only that the tsunamis would be as tall as mountains and would flood the Earth entirely...
Anyway...
One thing the bible speaks of is an increase in knowledge in the end of days.
And it seems more and more people are being drawn to Noah and the Nephilim and also the book of Enoch because of this interest. Its also rather profound that the book of Enoch is claimed to be for
The final generations...
It is also therefore prodigious that Christ said that as in the days of Noah so too shall it be when he returns...
So one could assume that we will be facing an alien threat which will seek to alter our very genetics a great deception which would also fullfill the mark of the beast...
There may even be a great need which may seem to necessitate one to accept the offer... Perhaps because of future radiation levels for example...
It also corresponds to an enourmous amount of ancient history from all over the world the information corroborated by peoples who should not have been having the same experiences based on their geographic locations... And most definitely not sharing fairytales... No it is rather indicative that all of mankind was witness to events which were of unparallelled magnitude and or utmost importance to be documented to great extremes... Whats more there is enough physical evidence around the world that bares witness to an intelligence and ability which not only rivals our own of today but actually supersedes it...

This is a huge topic one which is interwoven throughout not only the history of mankind but also our spirituality...

edit on 23-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The time before Gilgamesh is something I find very interesting because so little is said about it.

I am not a scholar and haven't read books for a long time. But I do see things clairvoyantly and go places one is told not to go in the the various spiritual teachings. Basically, I find those 'no go' places interesting.

I often think spiritual masters, guides and guardian angels etc. are like tourist guides, there to stop the tourists seeing the places not on the tourist brochure.

I can't read the history of the past but I do wander in the ruins of the past, those ruins are still full of life.

There was a time when technology was organic. Where we build in metal, electronics and mechanisms, someone built organic my using parts that look and feel very human in that they have (or had) our physiology. Many are individuals who also had organic additions such as elongated spines (tails) and wings (low gravity / subterranean?). They were also all female. Other organic tech is familiar to anyone with basic knowledge of physiology. Imagine if you will an ocean liner or a battleship who's internals are all made of organs adapted and re-engineered to suit the purpose.

This time wasn't peacefull, so much organic engineering was made for war. None of this tech was male, only females were used to build the organic machines and various beings of war.

They don't think as we do, the process of communication is very different. "Instinct" does not do it justice. My theory is they communicate and "think" on a level that might be described as the nervous system and dream state. (Groan, we have no words in English that are really suitable.) They are not a collective or hive mentality, they are networked as we understand the word in computing.

The ruins I mentioned earlier, they are everywhere as if civilisation was global and further away too. It was all destroyed in the blink of an eye. I don't know who built the organic "slice, dice and splice" technology, but I can see the results of their work. By any modern standard, they were vivisectionists of the nth degree.

I don't know who made all this, but I am very fond of the technology and they have feelings very much the same as ours.

My difficulty is I cannot give names to them such as nephillum or nibiru, the names handed down are not a good fit.

Anyway, maybe this description can fill a hole in someone's understanding and maybe add to the OP.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The term Nephilim features twice in the Hebrew bible, on both occasions it serves to translate Nephilim as “wicked giants”.

It certainly serves your purpose, but it doesnt serve accuracy
Nephilim means "fallen" but not in the literal, falling-to-a-lower-height meaning, it means "less than human" in Hebrew. Shape and intelligence of humans, but no souls. Possibly referring to Neanderthal cross-breeding, which makes perfect sense, as there is archaeological evidence of this in Israel.

Utnapishtim is rewarded by the gods for having preserved the bloodline of the human race, who he reveals were created as a race of slaves to toil in the fields for the benefit of the gods. His reward is a plant which holds the secret to eternal life which he shares with Gilgamesh but which Gilgamesh subsequently loses to a serpent a la Adam in the Garden of Eden.

This is a lie. Utnapishtim says nowhere in his speech that mankind was created as a slave race. It sounds like you haven't read the book. He also doesn't share a plant with Gilgamesh, he tells him what it looks like and to search for it at the bottom of the sea. The snake in the well has nothing in common with the bible serpent aside from it being a snake. The Gilgamesh serpent serves as an explanatory fable as to why snakes shed their skin (metaphor for rebirth/renewal).

Could it be that these visitors from the stars, these angels, this Nephilim, brought with them a plant – a tree of life if you will – that they created the human race to cultivate and harvest for them and that the said plant perished, or the harvest failed, as a result of the great flood?

We can rarely transplant things on our own planet to different regions without negative consequences - do you really believe you could do that from a different galaxy?

maybe the plant that Utnapishtim (aka Noah) describes is actually a metaphor for a superior knowledge that lead at that time to immortality or a greatly extended life?

The ENTIRE story of Gilgamesh is actually a metaphor for mankinds obsession with immortality and the futility of it. Utnapishtim several times refers to this, including when he says "the sleeping and the dead, how alike they are". Think about it. And right before that he asks Gilgamesh rhetorical questions if he expects anything to last forever (like houses or contracts) because it is absurd. Another huge theme in the story is the transition from hunting to agriculture, and lamentation of that loss of freedom.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Why? Floods happen all the time all over the world. Why is it so hard to come to the conclusion that many different civilizations would grow to fear damaging ones? After all humans tend to settle near water ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Good job on the OP... Dont be discouraged when the mental midgets come and attack you on the flood and Noah...

If it takes a "mental midget" to see that the global flood in the bible was impossible for many different scientific reasons then what does that make the blind believers?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure about 12,000 years ago earth was struck by something big,displacing the sea,and with such force water rose up from the ground,thus destroying earth,who was then inhabited by giants,only makes sense old giant statues etc, the people then were giants,some with cone heads,but whomever they were ,from what they left behind,we haven't evolvded,quite the opposite,the creation of this current habitation,so much has been done to skew the truth,not sure what to believe,several theory's but nothing in stone

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If it takes a "mental midget" to see that the global flood in the bible was impossible for many different scientific reasons then what does that make the blind believers?

It makes them the opposite of you...but no less valid.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I'm pretty sure about 12,000 years ago earth was struck by something big,displacing the sea,and with such force water rose up from the ground,thus destroying earth,who was then inhabited by giants,only makes sense old giant statues etc, the people then were giants,some with cone heads,but whomever they were ,from what they left behind,we haven't evolvded,quite the opposite,the creation of this current habitation,so much has been done to skew the truth,not sure what to believe,several theory's but nothing in stone

Ironic that you should say "nothing in stone" as part of it is the huge stone megalithic structures that have so many baffled.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

It makes them the opposite of you...but no less valid.

Keep in mind that I wasn't the one trying to belittle others' opinion just because it was different.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I agree withthe OP's sentiments on the re-kindling of what ATS should be about but the forums also need the opposing viewpoints to maintain the balance...and the arguments, of course.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Why? Floods happen all the time all over the world. Why is it so hard to come to the conclusion that many different civilizations would grow to fear damaging ones? After all humans tend to settle near water ways.

Exactly why I specifically stated "not just floods"

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes, but when you look at this claim, only really the flood myth is pervasive among these civilizations. One or two of them may share a similar story, but that story won't necessarily be in all the civilizations.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Inc_9x

The aliens wanted mono-Gold because they screwed up their atmosphere.

When the Annunaki landed, apes were doing just fine with planet Earth. The Annunaki needed smaller slaves so they added their DNA to apes.

After some time, slave Adam was created. According to the Qua-ran, the main leader Iblis, did not like the aliens exploiting apes as slaves, so he showed Eve the Apple of Knowledge.

Then the slaves were enlightened, rose up against the evil Annunaki. The result, was that the Annunaki used their alien technology to get a asteroid to hit earth to wipe out all rebels.

Of course, the clueless dimmed down slaves had to be maintained - hence Noahs Ark.

This exact scenario is shown in the film The Matrix where Morpheus gives Neo the red pill (Apple) and tells Neo that he is a Slave.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yes, but when you look at this claim, only really the flood myth is pervasive among these civilizations. One or two of them may share a similar story, but that story won't necessarily be in all the civilizations.

And ancient civilisations who are for the most part not connected with eachother, sharing similar stories of origin etc isn't suspect?
edit on 23-2-2017 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Examples?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This might help.

sites.google.com...

Below is scientific proof of how the giant humans were made....quite obviously when humans like us inter-bred naturally or in a test-tube with help, we were crossed with existing DIFFERENT HUMANS.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join