It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead T-Shirt Pulled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Speaking of being OFFENDED by clothing.

Hillary Clinton wears pants suits. I HATE PANTS SUITS !!!

What is worse, she gets the ones in those god awful colors. They look like those "70"s carpets that we had in the back of our vans.

Surely I can start some kind of legal action against her for continually OFFENDING me in such a manner.

On second thought; if I did succeed in some legal action, she may have to appear in public in the nude.
Oh god, I just got an image of this in my mind. I must now go and cut out my eyes with a lawn mower.
edit on 23-2-2017 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I immediately knew there was going to be a problem when I saw that.

Something I hate talking about, but my sons father had a CD when I met him nearly a decade ago as children, that had a bunch of racist and sexist "songs" (if you can even call them that) on it. He thought it was funny and edgy to play in the car because he apparently liked seeing me very angry and offended.

One of the songs on that CD was some old twit singing about catching "negros" (It was a worse word) by their toes.

I quickly put a stop to all of that bull#, and did what his MOTHER should have done in the first place- educated him and taught that man some manners and compassion.

So while some people may have never heard things like this, others have, and i'm not confused as to why people are offended. I am confused however as to why there are so many nasty racist tunes out there.

Really was an eye opener, pulled me out from my privileged rock a bit.

Now I read TWD comic, and I watch(ED) the show for a few seasons so I KNOW that is not what the shirt intended to convey, but I also know why people of color would be uncomfortable with that, especially if they didn't know the backstory, and especially with all the race tension we currently have.

-Alee

-Alee

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: everyone

Indeed. However, it worked, for one distributor anyway. Are all old cliche's and memes going to be held into account for hurt feelings going forward? The west is getting very thin skinned.

It's funny isn't it. They come with tear jerking stories about being hurt and emotionally damaged about a 100 year old meme that has not been used for almost as long as that but even here on ATS and in the media they do not hesitate to throw filthy racial slurs at black people that do not support their ideas and label them "uncle tom".

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Morgan was right to call people stupid.... If we can pull a t-shirt off the shelf with words on it because someone is offended, then those who pull the shirt deserve to be called stupid. Let this guy be offended. Hell, I'm offended everyday by things, but I don't go around complaining about it to everyone on a fricking mountain top, and scream injustice, and that the item must be pulled from all to eyes to see. I'm offended at this guy for taking my choice away from buying that shirt now, how about that? People like this shirt Nazi, and the separate group of idiots who pulled the shirts all need to be packed into a rocket, and shipped on a one way flight to the sun...........

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just stupid. Many, many people caught tigers by the toe. 🙄

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Lucille is not racist, she smashes everyone equally!!! #LucilleIsGreat
edit on 23-2-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Lucille is not racist, she smashes everyone equally!!! #LucilleIsGreat

Sad sad state of affairs when a baseball bat with barbed wire is smarter than a human being. Besides, Nagan is a bad guy... dont all bad whites and all rappers use the word anyway? Oh wait.. nigga is acceptable.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I think certain people are embarking in 'witch hunts' that lead to a scorched earth policy more than anything else.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

My cousins used whiper whopper. I thought that was odd

Whiper whopper, am i thinking that means what i think it means or just my imagination LOL

I don't know!

I think it's a liar or some type of con artist.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

edit on 24-2-2017 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

More insanity from the Left.

Some of these people must spend all their lives looking for reasons to be unhappy.

These are people that aren't happy unless they're angry. Put them in a room with all like-minded people and they'll turn on each other for some reason or another. They HAVE to be angry.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: daaskapital

I'd much rather this be a troll, than an actual "idea" this guy has...

I wonder if "one potato, two potato..." is going to be next? That whole Irish thing.

No, not if it's a slur against Irish.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

This is so stupid, it makes the Kardashians look like "Masterpiece Theatre".

Can we PLEASE pass a law that makes it legal to throat-punch these idiots?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

What privileged rock?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: daaskapital

I wonder if "one potato, two potato..." is going to be next? That whole Irish thing.

No its clearly a sexist thing not an irish thing. Those lyrics are insinuating that a Male (defined by a potatoe) are MORE than a women Why didn't they use Peach instead? Clearly its a sexist lyric.

One potato, two potatoes, three potatoes, four. Five potatoes, six potatoes, seven potatoes, MORE

I will be going to my local grocery store to start the anti potatoe march to make America better.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: NerdGoddess

What privileged rock?

My parents always told me I was "privileged" growing up because

I grew up in the suburbs of a nice neighborhood and not a reservation or a housing project like my grandfather did and my father did.

I didn't hear all this kind of hateful crap where I lived for a long time, until I was in my late teens and I started going out and hanging around the inner city more. I didn't even know for example that racist songs like that existed and once I did I was pretty grossed out.

-Alee

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join