It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff Releasing 400 “Criminal Illegal Immigrants” Every 10 Days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Maybe Arpaio wasn't so bad after all, at least he done his job!
judical watch

An average of 400 “criminal illegal immigrants” are being released every 10 days by the newly elected sheriff in Arizona’s most populous county, federal law enforcement sources tell Judicial Watch, many of them violent offenders. It’s part of Maricopa County Sheriff Paul Penzone’s new policy to protect illegal aliens, even those who have committed serious state crimes, from deportation. Under a longtime partnership between the county and the feds, the Phoenix field office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was notified when “aliens unlawfully present with additional Arizona charges” were released from the Maricopa County Jail, which is one of the nation’s largest with a population of about 8,000. That ended when Penzone, who refers to illegal immigrants as “guests,” took office this year and, though he formally announced the change last week, it was put into practice much earlier.

There is a new sheriff in town and he is not doing his job. These are not just illegal aliens they are criminal aliens.

You would think after the murder that took place because of a recently released criminal alien in Colorado. Law enforcement agencies would be more careful.

In my opinion anyone who is harmed by one of these criminal illegals should sue the crap out of the city, county, or state that put them back on the street. Maybe then they will do their job!
edit on 22-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: add link

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Some people are gonna be wishing Arpaio was still there.

This new fella is sending a new message.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The police have to be more than frustrated! Why put your life on the line to arrest someone when you know that they're going to be free to be arrested again? Wash-Rinse-Repeat-Wash-Rinse-Repeat-Wash...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Arizona did nothing but shoot themselves in the foot over this one.

All of them sanctuary cities and states best beware. When other states enforce the new immigration policy then the criminal illegals will flee to those cities and states that offer them sanctuary and their crime rate will increase immensely. They should protect the law-abiding taxpayer as opposed to the criminal!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I would say if one of these released criminals does a major crime, the Sheriff should be charged and convicted as an accessory to the crime. Who the hell would hire a sheriff like that? I am sure there are a lot of people in that area that should be upset with his actions. He should be recalled.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
illegals should not be cluttering up our legal or welfare systems, they should be immediately deported. come here to engage in illegal activity or abuse the welfare system you get no sympathy from me.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Where is ICE.

Their job is to take the ii's once they have been detained. Why aren't they doing their job?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

“guests,”

Guests is a nice way of putting it. I invite guests. I do not allow them them to commit crimes.

I would kick any of my guests out if they did.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

He is not notifying them.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I wonder if a thief broke into the sheriffs house if they could say "I was your guest".

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Maricopia county is in for a rude awakening, they should recall this stooge and put a person who will do their job.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Look what they did to Joe , and he was just doing his job.

Only then it was the feds who refused to do their jobs.

If this was the private sector and you refused to do the job you were paid to do you would be fired!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Grimpachi

He is not notifying them.

If they are not being notified then there is a breakdown somewhere. ICE should be notified every time an ii is taken into custody. I am reasonable to the fact that local authorities shouldn't have to hold them to the point of burdening the system, but they better at least notify ICE so they can go do their job.

If there isn't a law requiring that be done then Trump needs to write an EO making them do so. I the sheriff doesn't comply then they can send the feds to pick him up.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: rockintitz

I wonder if a thief broke into the sheriffs house if they could say "I was your guest".

Exactly.

Sheriff, please take a few drug addicts and violent criminals into your home as a show of good faith.
edit on 22-2-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Where is ICE.

Their job is to take the ii's once they have been detained. Why aren't they doing their job?

They are planning the wall LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Maybe he's all like meh we are gonna build a wall. Shrugs drops mic walks offstage.

How many people were murdered today in the US?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ThoughtIsMadness

Official stats won't be up for a while but murder was up roughly 15% in 2016 nationally than it was in 2015. So I guess about 60 murders a day on average, give or take.

murder rate in Orlando was up 169% in 2016.
fivethirtyeight.com...

edit on 23-2-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
While the article says that some of those released ate violent criminals I have to wonder how many of them were actually being held for those crimes.

Thanks to the policies enacted under Arpaio's reign the MCSO was ordered to stop enforcing immigration law. Of course Arpaio didn't stop. As far as I'm aware that order still stands.

So could it be that these people are being released because the MCSO are not legally able to hold them? If that's the case then I'd say it's the right move. Arpaio cost the people of Maricopa County millions of dollars by flaunting the law. Maybe the new guy can fix the MCSO's reputation and get them back in the good graces of the DOJ so they can enforce immigration laws.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think the feds can walk in and take over without an issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join