It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Donald Trump have allowed Russia to annex Crimea?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
He blames Barack Obama for having let Russia annex Crimea. twitter.com...

He thinks if he were president he would not have allowed Russia to annex Crimea. What do you think? Would he have been able to stop Russia annexing Crimea?

If I were Obama I would have deployed the US military to each province of Ukraine right after Yanukovych fled to Moscow.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Depends.

Can he have an exclusive deal to open a hotel or golf course there, or not?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If he did the MSM would have ripped him a can of whoop ass and he would have been impeached.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: happyperson

It's not just that Obama allowed Putin to annex Crimea.

HRC & Soros had intelligence operatives on the ground in Ukraine to agitate the disruption and provoke a military response from Russia.

So at best, Obama was being manipulated by the Intelligence Community. And at worst, Obama was working for the Intelligence Community.

Both are depressing.

edit on 2/22/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Obama could have stopped Russia annexing Crimea by deploying US military there. It took Russia weeks to take over Crimea. The Ukrainian military there put up a strong resistance for weeks.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: happyperson

If he did the MSM would have ripped him a can of whoop ass and he would have been impeached.

Impeached for what?

The President can't have conflicts of interest.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

That's for domestic only. He cannot take gifts from foreign powers.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

That's for domestic only. He cannot take gifts from foreign powers.

Says who?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It took Russia nearly a MONTH to take over the peninsula. If the US military was deployed there, Russia would have backed off. They do not dare mess with the US. Obama sat on his ass and let it happen. Maybe he was cahoots with Putin.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The president has to be ethical. Ethics is a big part of being a good president.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The president has to be ethical. Ethics is a big part of being a good president.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

In which alternate reality does this happen?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I don't think President Trump would have cared. His plate is full with getting his massive domestic agenda accomplished. I hope he stays focused like a laser on it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I uh ... don't really know what to say to you in response.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I sure hope he would have.
None of the US' business.
America loves to stick it's nose where it doesn't belong.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Depends if Trump would have allowed the CIA to orchestrate a coup against the legitimate government that installed the Fascist Poroshenko Regime.

I wasn't aware you could annex parts of your own country that are under illegal occupation either. That must be new.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Um... wait what?

Look, this is ridiculous. No one ALLOWED Russia to annex Crimea. Putin did it, no one went to war with him in response to it. There was never a time when a preventative measure could have been applied, that would have stopped Russia from occupying the region in question. The only option ANYONE would have had, would have been to go to war as a reaction to it, after the fact, such was the speed of the deployment.
edit on 23-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yep. For one he had no grounds to deploy troops. Ukraine isn't exactly a US ally and they're definitely not a NATO member. Second, there's the fact that Putin threatened the use of nukes if anyone tried to retake the peninsula.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So if Obama deployed US military to Crimea by February, Russia would have still invaded Crimea? That sounds surprising to me.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

On what grounds would the US have deployed troops to Crimea?

I am just curious, because it sounds to me like the reason you are asking the questions you are, is that you have no understanding of what can, and cannot happen, what is and is not permitted in world affairs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join