It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music boxes move unexplainably

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here's a long overdue update.

I sporadically get on ATS, so even though I planned on writing about this, I didn't get on it right away. Think what you will, I just wanted to share the complete story with anyone who is interested.

In my mind, I became too obsessed with the music boxes. I started to feel like it was effecting me in a negative way, so I made the decision to get rid of them. So, I brought them to the flea market where I'm a vendor in order to sell them both off. I had mixed feelings still, so when they didn't sell that weekend, I brought them home with me.

The next weekend, I brought them back again to sell, because I still felt that I shouldn't keep something that was making me so obsessed with watching them and thinking about if they were going to move again. They didn't sell, but I was ready to leave them and get rid of them.

The third weekend, they sold. The story about it is interesting. I'm sitting in my booth and someone walks by kind of fast, like he was heading somewhere definite. Then he stops suddenly and backs up and is looking at the shelf where I had the music boxes. I saw him looking, and told him they were music boxes, if that's what he was looking at. He said, "yeah I know..." all the while staring at them strangely. So I triggered the mechanisms to show him how they worked and what they sounded like. He said, "wait, which one played ?" (I don't remember what he said, should have written this down sooner) I said, "I don't know the names of the songs," and I played them one by one again. He said it was the one that I brought in the house more recently. I told him what I wanted for them, a deal if he took both. He said he only wanted that one. So as we're completing the transaction, he said that it was his mother's favorite song, and that he gives her a music box every Christmas. I said, "Oh, I'm sure she'll like this then!" To which he replied, "She passed away this year." I said, "Well maybe she'll still like it." And he said, in a definite way, "Oh she will."

So, I felt a load lifted off me, and it seemed meant to be that he found it. Too many coincidences in my opinion. Since I love the original one so much, I decided to keep it. Sure enough, when I got home with it, I tested it. It didn't move.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Videos of remaining music box all alone.
Clip one

Clip two

edit on 2-1-2019 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join