It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music boxes move unexplainably

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: Redback
I have listened to your videos with a "little dot 3 tube amp" paired with a pair of "beyerdynamics T90 headphones which usually pick up all sounds, i have also tried my AKG 702 headphones but i cannot hear any vibrations or any other weird sounds, i did get deafened a few times though, them boxes sound heavy...! lol I do hear traffic coming from behind you though or at least that is what i believe it is..!

I do believe it is a natural phenomenon but WHAT..!

Could you record them moving with your camera sitting on the table without you touching the camera???
Could you even move the table to another part of the room and see if it still happens?

Really interesting stuff

Poltergeists are Natural Phenomenon thats the irony.

I am not sure i would use the word "natural" but i know what you mean..!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
a reply to: Redback

I do live near a highway. I don't even notice the sound of it usually, I'm so used to it. Kind of soothing actually. I will do more moving them around at some point like you said. I am cooling it now sort of because I think it disturbs my husband that I've become so excited and a little obsessed with it now. He's putting up with it, but I don't want to push it. I will do stuff when he's not here. haha that sounds funny to me.

I asked for you to move the table so we know it is not vibrations from the traffic outside (i am not a builder but i would assume that is not good!) or maybe you have a portal where the table stands which has been activated when you bought your second music box..!

As for doing stuff when the husband isn't around, i think we will leave that one for another day..! lol He suffers enough with you filming your music boxes

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
a reply to: evc1shop

You are right about the feet being metal ball shaped. I have put them on a mousepad on the desk and they didn't move, so I assume they wouldn't move on the paper either.

The desk was super shiny when I obtained it, and I do clean it with Murphy's oil soap.

The first one moves on it's own when the other one is no where near it as well as when the other one is near it.

I had a hunch about the oil soap, I occasionally machine parts out of brass and aluminum and sometimes see odd things happen with highly polished surfaces on oil soaped surfaces. I have had some round rod ends seem to roll over on me before. They wouldn't do it on plywood but on my polished mahogany desktop they were a bit more likely to move, especially if they were put in the area that my desk light was directly illuminating. That's why I thought there may be thermal exchange taking place.
I thought the paper might be thin enough to isolate the oil soap surface without hindering the movement of the objects.
Not sure what else to try for you but I think it is a combination of the materials for the feet (seem like brass ball ends) and the finish on your desktop. Although, that wouldn't explain why one never moved until the other came into being.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Thanks for your input. I really am looking for a scientific explanation. But like you said, the weird part is that it never happened until the one music box came in to the house.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Redback

I did some other stuff here...

The boxes are on the desk on the floor in another room

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
do they move on other hard surfaces? Sorry if you already answered this question

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

They do not.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Well, then its probably something with the desk.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So they move when on the floor in another room. Downright bizarre! Maybe when that music box is turned off, it's somehow still "on" causing a vibration.

Consternation!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Damn...... You have me stumped.lol

I could not hear anything that time and the fact that the "they" were on carpet confuses me even more...!

Thank you for doing another test Ellie
I was sort of hoping it was something yo do with the traffic but you have proved that wrong.lol

Enjoy your "energetic" music boxes, i would have a lot of fun with them

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Oh, they confound me!

I'd just been keeping them on my bookshelf so I didn't have to worry about them falling off the desk. Then when I wanted them back on the desk I put them at the very top so they wouldn't go past the hinges. They didn't move all day, even up to when I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and glanced up at the one closest to me. I thought it looked like the corner of it was at the edge, so I sat up to look closer. It had turned towards me! The other one was slightly turned away from me. I took a pic for my own reference but then thought maybe y'all would like to see it.

Well, then I decided to 'play' with them again. And guess what? They didn't move anymore. And they still won't. So there goes the explanation of them moving simply due to vibrations on a slanted smooth surface. Otherwise, why aren't they moving now?

So strange....

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
i love music boxes. i have two. but they never walked
it was very nice to watch them move. thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Malarkey!!

At that rate it'd be flush up on the skirting boards in half an hour. It's faster than a snail travels.

It might have been better to use two cameras and show the inside and underside of the Ottoman in one unbroken tracking shot. It would have ruled out the possibility of hidden mechanisms or magnets. The 2nd camera would have filmed you filming the music boxes facing in the direction they were travelling. This would rule out fine fishing line etc.

For hoaxing, a way to accomplish the movement would be to have a motor inside the boxes and obscured from sight. The vibrations could achieve the stable, slow motion.

If it's not a hoax and reproducible, try these suggestions and see what happens.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

I love them too. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Here's one for you, I love love love it!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

my bet is ..the cogwheel structure in it is causing the movement. they are pretty much similar to clocks in that sense. But i cant go any deeper.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Your opening statements made me laugh.

However, have you seen all the videos? People asked me to show inside the desk and underneath it while they were moving, and also put stuff on the desk to show if there were vibrations while they moved. It may be boring to some people, but I'm fascinated by the situation, so I posted about it for others who might be interested.

I know it's the internet and all, but I assure you I have not one bit of interest in decieving people. I hate that people do that, especially since it makes it harder for people to believe in genuine strange events, whether it be ghost videos or UFO videos and the like.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I forgot to mention another thing happened. The metal on the top of the one with the cradle looking (?) trigger mechanism (my gosh I don't know how to describe that thing!) unscrewed itself. It was very loose and turned diagonal on the box part. Also, one of the corner metal pieces that hold the top and bottom together was unscrewed. So I tightened them back up. That was strange too. I haven't been handling them for a while now.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I've seen you around the boards and don't regard you as a dodgy person. In fact, I'd be 100% on the hoax side if it wasn't for that. So a little cognitive dissonance over here. Nice to meet you. For some reason, I thought you were English

I watched some of the other videos after posting. You didn't open the box in those I did watch. You filmed underneath the bedside cabinet and yet the box itself (hinged) wasn't opened. Are they always on the box top in the vids?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yes they are always on that particular surface when they move. So I can't open it while they are moving. Actually I forgot, I have done that to see if they would still move in the same direction if it was tilted a different angle. They stopped moving once it was level. I can't film that now though, because they stopped moving. For now I guess. It's kind of baffling.

I take it as a compliment that you thought I was English. I'm from New York in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join