It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music boxes move unexplainably

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Many people keep ashes of the dead in cedar boxes, thats why I ask.

If the cats are not freaking out then I wouldnt be too worried.

It would be cool if it a new type of energy that we dont know about.

(ghosts are energies)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I was thinking of doing that with the recorder, but I haven't gotten around to it. I need to figure out how to do it so it's set to activate with sound I think. Otherwise batteries would die too soon. I'm showing my ignorance here. My husband got one for when he was in college and I think it's voice activated. I'm an idiot with technology, even old tech, hehe.

And yes I've heard of the stuff being possibly haunted. In one of my other threads I talk about a haunting in the flea market where my brother and I set up. There's vids on that one if you are interested. I haven't updated it because nothing new has happened. Actually until this last weekend. Maybe I should go update it.

edit: Goodness, I can't figure it out, I just tried. I don't even know how to set the time on it or access settings or anything. I'll figure something else out eventually.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

It's not level. It is a lap desk that has a slight slope, maybe about 10 degrees? I have a video that shows a level. Intrptr asked a few things to see, so I have 2 more vids but they are sloowwwwwwly uploading to yt right now. Taking forever!

Your avatar really creeps me out btw! LOL

Thanks for replying Ellie.

Ive changed my avatar just for you (just for the weekend though)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You sure have a lot of haunted things. Music boxes, toy ducks...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow! Interesting! As previously suggested, EMF and EVP would be the next steps i would take.
I would also try to measure the sound frequency the boxes are producing. Idk why, something tells me that has something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I was thinking of doing that with the recorder, but I haven't gotten around to it. I need to figure out how to do it so it's set to activate with sound I think. Otherwise batteries would die too soon. I'm showing my ignorance here. My husband got one for when he was in college and I think it's voice activated. I'm an idiot with technology, even old tech, hehe.

And yes I've heard of the stuff being possibly haunted. In one of my other threads I talk about a haunting in the flea market where my brother and I set up. There's vids on that one if you are interested. I haven't updated it because nothing new has happened. Actually until this last weekend. Maybe I should go update it.

edit: Goodness, I can't figure it out, I just tried. I don't even know how to set the time on it or access settings or anything. I'll figure something else out eventually.

If you have a Smartphone or a Android Device I highly recommend downloading this app called DreamTalk

Dreamtalk Google Play

Dream Talk Apple App Store

I use the Free Version of the App which records 5 hours. I have captured many EVPs in my House Some better than others, and some more questionable than others. The app is Motion/Sound Activated so you don't have to use it just for recording your sleep and is insanely accurate and really easy to set it up. I recommend just placing your phone/android device on the music box and let it run while everyone is gone for the day.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You could also try ghost radar and see if they communicate with you.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

You could also try ghost radar and see if they communicate with you.

Ghost Radar is interesting but i would stick with Motion Activated Recorder and Camera. GR gives to many False Positives. Not to mention if the OP has captured Genuine Poltergist activity then it needs to be monitored on a daily basis.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have listened to your videos with a "little dot 3 tube amp" paired with a pair of "beyerdynamics T90 headphones which usually pick up all sounds, i have also tried my AKG 702 headphones but i cannot hear any vibrations or any other weird sounds, i did get deafened a few times though, them boxes sound heavy...! lol I do hear traffic coming from behind you though or at least that is what i believe it is..!

I do believe it is a natural phenomenon but WHAT..!

Could you record them moving with your camera sitting on the table without you touching the camera???
Could you even move the table to another part of the room and see if it still happens?

Really interesting stuff

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
I have listened to your videos with a "little dot 3 tube amp" paired with a pair of "beyerdynamics T90 headphones which usually pick up all sounds, i have also tried my AKG 702 headphones but i cannot hear any vibrations or any other weird sounds, i did get deafened a few times though, them boxes sound heavy...! lol I do hear traffic coming from behind you though or at least that is what i believe it is..!

I do believe it is a natural phenomenon but WHAT..!

Could you record them moving with your camera sitting on the table without you touching the camera???
Could you even move the table to another part of the room and see if it still happens?

Really interesting stuff

Poltergeists are Natural Phenomenon thats the irony.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

haha I think this one is scarier than your other one. What was the other one anyway? From a movie or something?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

But they move while playing and not playing. So it wouldn't be anything to do with their own music.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Redback

I do live near a highway. I don't even notice the sound of it usually, I'm so used to it. Kind of soothing actually. I will do more moving them around at some point like you said. I am cooling it now sort of because I think it disturbs my husband that I've become so excited and a little obsessed with it now. He's putting up with it, but I don't want to push it. I will do stuff when he's not here. haha that sounds funny to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

haha I think this one is scarier than your other one. What was the other one anyway? From a movie or something?

Laurel and Hardy scary? You must be freaking out at your music boxes if avatars scare you, lol.

The other one as far as i can recall, is a photo of an alien taken in Italy i think some years ago.
I use it because i havnt seen it anywhere else so not many people have seen it. Actually he has a brother, similar looking.

I'll use his brother on Monday.

So whats your best opinion on your music boxes?
What do you think is happening?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Yeah, i didnt take that into account until i showed your video to my GF last night. Definitely a head scratcher!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No, the music boxes don't scare me. I find it fascinating. And I was joking about Laurel and Hardy, though I never did care for that humor.

I really don't know what to make of the music boxes. I can't get past the fact that the one I had already NEVER did anything like this on it's own. Now it moves a lot and a lot of times faster than the second one. So whatever is occurring is definitely a result of the second one coming into the house. It does stuff on it's own and it effects the other one. Once, it was sitting still and I put the first one behind it. As the first one moved toward the new one, the new one slid just before the other one touched it. It stayed just ahead of the other one, like it didn't want the other one to touch it and/or push it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It stayed just ahead of the other one, like it didn't want the other one to touch it and/or push it.

Sounds like magnetism...

T'is a weird one to be sure, to be sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It looks like the feet are metal ball type. I would guess that there is enough of a polishing on them that when coupled with the flawless finish and polishing job of the desk surface, slight thermal change in the metal is enough to induce movement on that surface. Try putting them on a sheet of paper, use a rock on the top of the desk near the back where it is flat to hold the paper in place. See if they move on the paper.

I am guessing the lap desk was cleaned and polished with oil soap. (Like Murphy's) or a non-polyurethane finish.

Also, does the first one now move on its own whether the second one is on the desk or not? I know you said it didn't before the other showed up.

I used to have a very slick dresser top and my wife would occasionally put an empty glass there and it would just start sliding and eventually fall over the edge. Turned out to be very tiny condensation droplets were enough to get the glass moving against the extremely polish surface. Coasters solved the issue for us.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I mean this for Ellie:

It looks like the feet are metal ball type. I would guess that there is enough of a polishing on them that when coupled with the flawless finish and polishing job of the desk surface, slight thermal change in the metal is enough to induce movement on that surface. Try putting them on a sheet of paper, use a rock on the top of the desk near the back where it is flat to hold the paper in place. See if they move on the paper.

I am guessing the lap desk was cleaned and polished with oil soap. (Like Murphy's) or a non-polyurethane finish.

Also, does the first one now move on its own whether the second one is on the desk or not? I know you said it didn't before the other showed up.

I used to have a very slick dresser top and my wife would occasionally put an empty glass there and it would just start sliding and eventually fall over the edge. Turned out to be very tiny condensation droplets were enough to get the glass moving against the extremely polish surface. Coasters solved the issue for us.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

You are right about the feet being metal ball shaped. I have put them on a mousepad on the desk and they didn't move, so I assume they wouldn't move on the paper either.

The desk was super shiny when I obtained it, and I do clean it with Murphy's oil soap.

The first one moves on it's own when the other one is no where near it as well as when the other one is near it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join