It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian interrogated for Insulting Islam. He has all the answers.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I found the following video and felt what was said by Hans Teeuwen a dutch comedian to resonate with the current disconnection of society from people and religious folk and why faiths such as Islam are taking hold so well because they make the following assumptions that work so well to stop a debate about such. I have wrote however the main points Hans Teeuwen made, which is below the video that you can just read to see my point. The ladies in the video are Muslim and are questioning the Comedian for his supposed 'insulting' joke.

Comments from the Video

Anything that has status, has a kind of power, and power always corrupts. It must be allowed for it to be subjected to ridicule. When that is not possible anymore, you get nasty situations, a dictatorship or something. That's why ridicule is important.

An opinion can be insulting, you see? So it might be that when I give my opinion on something, this could be insulting to someone else. Furthermore a insult is to some people a truth they are rather not confronted with and this could mean that we can't talk about this or that because someone might be offend.

An insult can be funny too. (where do you draw the line?) I draw the line at violence.

The following is probably the most important part.

Making people angry? Don't they choose to be angry? (you insult a lot of people, this might be frustrating to many) Look, it's as if you claim sensitivity and feeling insulted as a privilege for the religious only. Do you think that when I put on the TV, I do not see things that annoy me? That I do not feel insulted now and then? but one develops a shield to deal with these things that's what you do in a free society because you are inevitably confronted with things you don't like. The religious are very bad at this because they tend to believe they have a monopoly on the truth.

I felt this was needed to be written and posted here as this is the problem existing with such religions.
edit on 22-2-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Hopefully, more and more people will stand up and speak their mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Hopefully, more and more people will stand up and speak their mind.

Indeed. Hopefully is more people that will educate themselves in what is quite literally obvious to see however not many people are good at arguing their point across and tend to bend over when another has drivel to spew.

edit on 22-2-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I tend to wonder how his life expectancy has been shortened by his words..

Some who represent Islam are still at the inquisition stage of their religion.. Cast a disparaging word and off with important pieces of your body..

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

One way to look at this is to ask "who are we insulting?" - the individual or the organisation?

Human beings as individuals are generally nice people, they love someone, are nice to their pets, have a family.

But when human beings begin to think collectively, they are often not nice people anymore.

I think this is because when you join a collective, such as a religeon, you surrender a part of yourself to the collective and that collective consciousness begins to take over and take possession of your thoughts and feelings.

Insult the man and he will get over it or brush it off. Insult a collective and you will be in big trouble.

Collectives are not nice things, be they street gangs, cults, religeon, corporations or governments.

edit on 22-2-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: clarity

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

This is a predictable consequence, especially in Europe, where its already illegal to question the Holocaust.

Not "insult", simply question.

edit on 22-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
WTF kind of show was that?

Ominous undertoned sounds in the background, the camera keeps turning to some thick necked Islamic scary looking muslim enforcer guy who looks like he's ready to perform a beheading at a moments notice, and a bunch of crazy muslim women ranting at some comedian they obviously want to silence.

Weird stuff, is that normal TV programming in the Islamified parts of Europe nowadays?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Ominous undertoned sounds in the background, the camera keeps turning to some thick necked Islamic scary looking muslim enforcer guy who looks like he's ready to perform a beheading at a moments notice, and a bunch of crazy muslim women ranting at some comedian they obviously want to silence.

Weird stuff, is that normal TV programming in the Islamified parts of Europe nowadays?

Yeah I have no idea what kind of show this is myself, seems a bit mental. As you say, the sounds used and the camera angles as if to portray what they are questioning him about again as if they have right to do such publicly. Thankfully he answered in the way he did, putting them all to look like the fools they are.

I guess more worryingly is that there is channels like this promoting the silencing of such questions asked towards them, this thing is growing and not just in countries now it seems but through the media.

Anyhow, I agree, weird.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Saw this video awhile ago. His answers are amazing.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Saw this video awhile ago. His answers are amazing.

Yeah I only found it other day, thought I would post here about such as yes his answers certainly put it so elegantly simple. He is a clever man and nice to see him laughing in the face of those that question a mans opinion and thoughts.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

that guy doesn't look scary. He smiles at the guy making fun of people running from mini skirts and such.. you can tell he's softening up towards the end.. :p

And the ladies. What makes them crazy? They were pretty polite compared to TV I watch here.

The comedian did a great service there. In fact what he said about not being able to question power or even not being able to make fun of it was awesome..

I men we take that for granted.. Look at all the Trump, Hillary Obama memes.. There are dedicated impersonators that make fun of our leaders all day everyday.. We make fun of being American we make fun of everything.. Murica # yea!
ya know?

So there will come a time when the other's catch on to the beauty in it..
People do need to realize they can think for themselves and you can only do that if you question everything.

And as far as religion goes I think people should hear jokes about jesus #ting in a hole in the ground.. I mean if you are saying he's real and all that dude took some massive dumps here and there most days probably.. Think about it..

edit on 22-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
His words are totally lost on these three stooges. Religion is the home of the ultra sensitive, and better than crowd. I'm a Christian and see this myself in my religion all the time, condemning people to hell who don't agree. Sad really because God should only be about compassion and love, not about rules and deeds set by man

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hans Teeuwen is pretty famous in Belgian/Holland, mainly for his hilariously controversial bits. (He has jokes about pedophelia etc, that kinda dark)

He explained why he should be allowed to do the things he does, and most people (that are a fan offcourse) agree. The fact he has to spell it out clear for these girls, to the point where he's acting prophetic just to get the point across that this is pretty common knowledge, you don't get offended by every goddamn thing you hear, you deal with it, internally.

I'll always be a fan, though I believe he's always been a little bit too cynical/pessimistic.

EDIT:

Being from belgium and watching Belgian/Holland shows quite alot: the editing is pretty normal to me. I guess the dark undertone is just the editor's choice due to it being a controversial topic. I don't know who the big, bad lookin muslim guy is, or what his role is.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
His line about "religion thinks it has a monopoly on truth" was perfect. It explains the mindset perfectly.

Pretty ironic, isn't it. When those that lie the most, believe they are the only ones telling the truth.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
His line about "religion thinks it has a monopoly on truth" was perfect. It explains the mindset perfectly.

Pretty ironic, isn't it. When those that lie the most, believe they are the only ones telling the truth.

I thought the same too friend. That line certainly makes anyone who hears it think instantly, that is right. That is how they see it. Which is pretty messed up really isn't it.

True what you say there too, those that lie the most believe they are telling the truth. It does show that those with no real point to make really do think they have a point.

Also arguing reason with such people really is lost in all situations as they will forever not get it, not understand. Which is normally the reason such people are religious as they tend to not be able to push their mind to think outside the box.

top topics

join