It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannapoulos's Press Conference

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Many threads about how Milo "obviously" condones and supports pedophilia and I figured why not post his press conference so everybody can hear it straight from the horse's mouth?

Highlights: he doesn't support it or condone it and thinks it's wrong; humor is his way of dealing with his own abuse; he apologizes to other abuse victims for his words causing offense; he believes this is a witch-hunt to try and shut him down, since the videos have been "out there" for over a year; some comments were selectively edited and taken out of context, others were in poor taste and don't reflect his beliefs;

His statement is about eight minutes long, then he takes questions. Questions are pretty hard to hear for the most part and he doesn't really repeat what's been asked. Oddly, somebody asked him what kind of visa he entered the US on. (answer: an 01-B visa: individual with extraordinary ability or achievement)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: i dunno how to embed videos so...my bad

edit on 22-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: stubbed my toe

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I actually feel bad for Milo.

His defense mechanisms that help him deal with his past issues came back to bite him in the ass.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
01-B visa: individual with extraordinary ability or achievement?

Does anyone know what his extraordinary is?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It was clear before this that he's mentally unstable, this just cements it. Gallows humor, sarcasm, etc. etc. are all fine things. Normal people don't have to host press conferences denying that they support pedophilia. It's implicit. There are lots of comedians who make jokes about these things and don't have to hold press conferences about them.

A) You're not as good a comedian as you think you are. B) You're just trolling and want to play the victim again. Enjoy the free publicity.

It all comes off as just an act to me. I just don't think he gives a damn one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: oxford
01-B visa: individual with extraordinary ability or achievement?

Does anyone know what his extraordinary is?

If I am not mistaken, the 01-B visa is often used as a quick way to get famous or affluent people in to the US.

While not always used in such a fashion, it's a fast track for the well-connected.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: oxford

Entertainment is a pretty broad, and vague, category for being "exceptional."

01-B visas get handed out like candy
edit on 22-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: freakin autocorrect

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Milo has always been a troll, trying to ride the wave of popularity that comes from being the Right Wing's token gay dude.

It all comes off as just an act to me. I just don't think he gives a damn one way or the other.

I would not want to presume as to how he is feeling about how things have transpired. He obviously has issues and probably needs to get out of the media's eyes for a while.

He's done a lot of damage to his brand.
edit on 22-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Full transcript.

www.breitbart.com...

Yes its Breitbart, but it is just Milo's words.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Gah I was hoping the Q&A would be included in that!

Thanks for adding it, though

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Well said! I have no idea who he was before, during, or after this story... and the fact I have no clue where his relevance or importance to society lays, makes the obvious notion that I am not aware or even familiar with the sick and twisted world his mind lives in... meaning, it takes one to know one.

He mentions that he so valiantly reported 3 sexual attacks on children, where his critics can't speak for being such a stand up citizen like he can. I am ready to break out the guns when I may be witness to such a horrible act... I can't imagine how many felonies on children this guy witnessed if he turned in 3.

Such a tortured mind can never be viewed as credible... without even attaching the crimes to his actual opinions on what he feels. His lack of eye contact and presentation demeanor did not show symptoms of a true heart felt connection to the receivers of the message.

Let's just sign him up for Meghan's List and move on...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

ok thanks for posting, I hadn't seen anything or knew very little about him, till I watched the press conference yesterday.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You just know its them pesky Feminists plan to Discredit him.

2nd line ATS aware.

FOX

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't get it. Who cares about Milo and what he thinks? Im sure most on the right can relate with the man, but I can find a hundred other people like him online that's just not popular/famous. I never even heard of this guy until the some on the left kept ranting about him here on ATS. I see him as the SJW of the right. I'm sure he doesn't support pedophilia. But I guess this is the type of positions you will find yourself in when talking about passionate topics on a public platform.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Half the reason I posted this link was to see how much attention all the people who've been screaming about milo for the last several days would react to getting unedited video of him clearly stating his beliefs and positions.

Shocking me not at all, this thread is getting very little attention from that crowd. Ah well.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I'm sure he doesn't support pedophilia. But I guess this is the type of positions you will find yourself in when talking about passionate topics on a public platform.

Would you be comfortable with him babysitting your kids? I wouldn't even let him in my house!
Perfect spokes person for the Trump administration however?
edit on 22-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Most telling is his own use of Trumpisms all through, he also asks the reporters to be...respectful, not quite one of his or Trumps for that matter, best atttributes on any other occasions. Frankly, there is much suspicion of near anything he says, especially about himself that could be described as inventiveness, one can only make their own minds view on that, and certainly it's not totally consistent if you have seen the original video/s. I will post one of those back here when I retrieve it.
This video is much clearer,

*The controversial video,

*Note how the interviewer pushes Milo on the age he was when he became involved with the priest, (bearing in mind that in his press conference above it was 17), but going by the interview, it could be pushed back to nearer 14 years old, the same age Milo also describes as himself being a predator for sex, including adults, or adults particularly, but certainly adults involved.
edit on 22-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Half the reason I posted this link was to see how much attention all the people who've been screaming about milo for the last several days would react to getting unedited video of him clearly stating his beliefs and positions.

Shocking me not at all, this thread is getting very little attention from that crowd. Ah well.

Post facts be damned!

The narrative is the truth! /sarc

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
There are lots of comedians who make jokes about these things and don't have to hold press conferences about them.

Except he is not a comedian, he is a political commentator.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He is widely acknowledged as both.

What is John Stewart, Colbert, etc?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Big fan of Milo, sad that he has been destroyed in the fashion he has. You knew once the left organized against him, they would take him down. First a victim of abuse, now a victim of the left, hopefully he can find a way to come back from this attack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join