It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Advisor Stephen "Baby Goebbels" Miller Lied About Ties To White Nationalist Richard Spencer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So your answer is to sit back and wait for those jack booted thugs to kick in your door and ask for papers,..exactly what's beginning to happen in some states right now by folks like him who crafted legislation to do just that.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Today is National Margarita Day and I will freely admit that I have had a few so bear with me.

I assume from the last part of your post that you're referring to the Antifas? It seems to me that there is a very strong effort on the Right to promote a false dichotomy — one either supports Trump or supports violent protests/riots.

I don't buy into that at all. The issue for me is one of proportional concern.

Violent, destructive Antifa protesters did some reprehensible s# to shutdown Milo's speaking engagements. What was the practical result? Some people are assaulted but thankfully not seriously injured (with the exception of a protester who got shot by a supporter), moderate though largely superficial property destruction, the media gets something to report, Tucker Carlson gets an idiot to ridicule in an interview and perhaps most importantly, Trumpland gets its boogeyman.

But let's get real here, the level of violent unrest is small time s# compared to several if not most decades in the 20th century and let's not even get started on the 19th century. And in terms of their effectiveness? What have they actually accomplished except giving Trump supporters instances of s# behavior to paint the entire opposition to Trump with? Shutting down a Milo speaking engagement or two? That only made him more popular. Hell, it's why he was invited to CPAC in the first place. Notice how fast he got actually shutdown by the Right? And is wasn't just the "GOP establishment" that acted — how about the threat by another Senior Breitbart editor going to The Washingtonian and saying that there were half a dozen senior staffers ready to walk if Milo wasn't canned?

Meanwhile the President of the United States is saying the media is the "enemy of the people." His advisors are inventing terms like "alternative fact" and saying that his power will not be questioned. They ham-fistedly "leaked" telephone transcripts to make him look like a tough guy in conversations with foreign leaders. A leak exposed the fact that the National Security Advisor was lying about communications with Russia (apparently) which resulted in the Vice President lying to the American people. The President knew all this for weeks and it wasn't until the press was alerted that he was forced to act.

What was his response? Blame the media. Threaten leakers. Or was it whistleblowers? The sensationalist narrative is that the leaks are part of a "deep state soft coup." The administration finds ever more justification for rooting out dissent in the ranks of every department of government.

I dunno? Who is really posing the substantially bigger threat to democracy and civil liberty?

Is it the hundreds or maybe thousands of largely feckless, not at all popular protesters who are mostly clustered on the West Coast OR is it the Executive Branch of the United States government? In my opinion it's hands down the latter.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Pretty despicable calling this guy Goebbels, but coming from the OP, what else would you expect. That's all the left has, outrageous name calling, if you disagree with them then you are Hitler.

Make your mind up is he calling him Goebbels or Hitler? Goebbels was the worst of the two btw.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ironically, one of the videos you posted shows your side acting more like Nazis.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump does seem to have a tendency to surround himself with people that have very questionable ties, whether it be Right Wing propagandists or links to nationalists/supremacists.

Let's not forget that he even has his own potential Rasputin, with Bannon.

Um, do you not remember all the shady people around Obama? Or are you ok with those shady people because they're on your side?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

The Other Side of the Coin is How the Trump Administration is Exposing How The Corporate Media is trying to Kill Off FREE SPEECH in America . Steve " No , I Am Not a Nazi , Just an American Who Really Cares About My Beloved Country " Bannon Points this Reality Out well here........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join