It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Advisor Stephen "Baby Goebbels" Miller Lied About Ties To White Nationalist Richard Spencer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

In January of 2016, a creepy young political operative named Stephen Miller became a senior policy advisor to the Donald Trump campaign. The bulk of the 30 year-old's prior professional experience had been as an aide to and later communications director for the then Alabama Senator, Jeff Sessions. Before that, he'd also served a brief stint out of college as press secretary for the slightly-less-creepy-than-himself former Representative, Michele Bachmann.

While in the employ of Sessions, Miller wrote a number of speeches for Sessions, notable among them, those in opposition to the Gang of Eight's efforts at immigration reform. It comes as little surprise then that in addition to his work as policy advisor and hypeman, Miller is credited with writing the brunt of Trump's Republican National Convention speech and reportedly contributed to the inaugural address.

After the election, Miller served as National Policy Advisor during the transition and was later named as Senior Policy Advisor to President Trump. He has since worked closely with Bannon and other wingnuts to formulate policy to advance their nation-state populist agenda, including co-authoring the travel ban. A bit over a week ago, Miller made a lot of people cringe (more than usual) with a statement that served to further popularize the comparisons to Reich Minister of Propaganda of Nazi Germany, Joseph Goebbels:

Transcript:

end result of this though is that our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we began to take further actions that the powers of the President to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned.

So what does this creepy sycophant have to do with Richard B. Spencer?

This past October, Mother Jones reporter Josh Harkinson interviewed Spencer, the 38 year-old diet-Nazi who is arguably the most prominent figure in the "Alt-Right" movement — a movement he named — founder of AlternativeRight.com, AltRight.com, Radix Journal, former Executive Editor of Taki's Magazine and since 2011, President of the white nationalist National Policy Institute.

If that's not ringing a bell, you might remember him from appearances in viral videos like Hail Trump!

and speaking of bell ringing, the viral sensation Did NAZI That Coming!:

During the interview with Harkinson, Spencer spilled the beans on Miller:

Spencer says Miller helped him with fundraising and promotion for an on-campus debate on immigration policy that Spencer organized in 2007 featuring influential white nationalist Peter Brimelow. Another former member of the DCU confirmed that Miller and Spencer worked together on the event. At DCU meetings, according to a past president for the group, Miller denounced multiculturalism and expressed concerns that immigrants from non-European countries were not assimilating.

"It's funny no one's picked up on the Stephen Miller connection," Spencer says. "I knew him very well when I was at Duke. But I am kind of glad no one's talked about this because I don't want to harm Trump."

Miller did not respond on the record to specific questions about his activities with the DCU or his views on immigration, but he denied being close to Spencer. "I have absolutely no relationship with Mr. Spencer," he wrote in an email to Mother Jones. "I completely repudiate his views, and his claims are 100 percent false."

In a January article in The Daily Beast, Spencer characterized himself as a mentor to Miller:

He blasted “unpatriotic dissent,” political correctness, and the nanny-state smoking bans. “Richard Spencer, a leading white nationalist, said the two became acquainted while they were both at Duke, adding that he was a “mentor” to the younger student.

“I spent a lot of time with him at Duke… I hope I expanded his thinking… but I think he probably would be where he is today without me as well,” Spencer said, adding that he felt Miller was a “highly competent person, and a brave person.”

Spencer, who loves to hear the sound of his own voice even more than I do mine, did throw his old college pal a bone:

Spencer has since coined the term “alt-right” to describe his movement of racial discontentment. While they were friends, they did not see eye to eye on race, Spencer claims.

“I think [Miller] is an American nationalist, but that doesn’t mean he is a racial nationalist… I do not think he is a white nationalist,” Spencer said. “Stephen Miller would never be alt-right at the time, or probably now too.”

Well that's mildly reassuring. But the question remains, is Spencer making things up or is Miller lying about their relationship? Unfortunately for Shifty Steve, his claims are derailed by a 2007 email sent by Spencer to one of the two participants of the aforementioned immigration debate, Peter Laufer, professor of journalism at the University of Oregon that was made public three weeks ago:

Spencer’s email was addressed to Laufer and Brimelow and contained logistical details about their campus visit for the debate.

“Dear Peters,” Spencer began, “Your day will be free tomorrow until 5:00 pm. At that time, I’ll pick up both of you at the entrance to the Washington Duke Inn.”

The email specified plans for Laufer and Brimelow and their wives to be taken to dinner at Vin Rouge, a restaurant in Durham, North Carolina.

Then, Spencer wrote: “At 6:45 Stephen Miller and I will leave early to do more set-up.

The lies just keep piling up. Is there a single honest person in this new White House?
edit on 2017-2-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Is there a single honest person in this new White House?

Has there ever been?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The mere image of this bureaucrats face causes the left to become unhinged, great pick Mr President.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well, he is a creep, while he is a fecking awful speech writer, not a good combination. He is just part of Trump's scene the alt American Fascist right desperate to gain ground worldwide, and WTF needs that crap?

One of his own revealing quotes, "Our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned"

That was his words over the immigrant EO ban by the Judges, so arrogance also comes into play. I see no surprise into his associations with far right extremists, that's part and parcel of the Trump regime thus far, IMO they are evil people.

In edit, I see the OP has the same phrase included, Mea Culpa.

edit on 22-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
He's a Jew. He gets a pass.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
He's a Jew. He gets a pass.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Why are your threads always about nastiness?

Why do you have to insult everyone that you disagree with?

Oh, this guy looks slightly like Goebbel so you call him a creepy sycophant.

You talk about other peoples hate speech and in the same breath ... you spew hate speech yourself.

Why do you always attack the person rather than what they say.

Your threads are based on nastiness.

How about some of those good threads you used to do based on real info.

Jeez man ... get a grip. All you do is turn people off.

P

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

These Anti Trump Nazi Analogies are getting Tiresome , whats Wrong with Comparing him with Gangis Khan for a Change ? YAWN..........

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Behind the times on this one. I read through the sources that they knew each other weeks ago on another topic.

“I think [Miller] is an American nationalist, but that doesn’t mean he is a racial nationalist… I do not think he is a white nationalist,” Spencer said. “Stephen Miller would never be alt-right at the time, or probably now too.”

On another note: That hail video is so boring. 4 people saluting, 2 of them in another picture of the event are known to be Jews., Spencer Toasting with his drink as many people do during speeches, which others in the crowd do. yawn.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Propagandists calling other people propagandists?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Touche.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Check this out: Einstein or Hitler?

link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

More Genghis Kahn comparisons, got it! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Some Simularaties between Donald Trump and Genghis Khan.............

He rarely left a score unsettled.

Genghis Khan often gave other kingdoms a chance to peacefully submit to Mongol rule, but he didn’t hesitate to bring down the sword on any society that resisted. One of his most famous campaigns of revenge came in 1219, after the Shah of the Khwarezmid Empire broke a treaty with the Mongols. Genghis had offered the Shah a valuable trade agreement to exchange goods along the Silk Road, but when his first emissaries were murdered, the enraged Khan responded by unleashing the full force of his Mongol hordes on the Khwarezmid territories in Persia. The subsequent war left millions dead and the Shah’s empire in utter ruin, but the Khan didn’t stop there. He followed up on his victory by returning east and waging war on the Tanguts of Xi Xia, a group of Mongol subjects who had refused his order to provide troops for his invasion of Khwarizm. After routing the Tangut forces and sacking their capital, the Great Khan ordered the execution of the entire Tangut royal family as punishment for their defiance.

Hmm... that Sounds Familiar............ And........

He was tolerant of different religions.

Unlike many empire builders, Genghis Khan embraced the diversity of his newly conquered territories. He passed laws declaring religious freedom for all and even granted tax exemptions to places of worship. This tolerance had a political side—the Khan knew that happy subjects were less likely to rebel—but the Mongols also had an exceptionally liberal attitude towards religion. While Genghis and many others subscribed to a shamanistic belief system that revered the spirits of the sky, winds and mountains, the Steppe peoples were a diverse bunch that included Nestorian Christians, Buddhists, Muslims and other animistic traditions. The Great Khan also had a personal interest in spirituality. He was known to pray in his tent for multiple days before important campaigns, and he often met with different religious leaders to discuss the details of their faiths. In his old age, he even summoned the Taoist leader Qiu Chuji to his camp, and the pair supposedly had long conversations on immortality and philosophy.

Except for Radical Muslims it Seems.........

Genghis Trump it Is !

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The mere image of this bureaucrats face causes the left to become unhinged, great pick Mr President.

lookie at all the stars you got for such a lame response.

the star and flag team is out in full force again I've noticed. what are ya'll so scared of?? LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This video shows a thuggish assault on free speech.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

All this Nazi in Trump camp and anti Jew stuff simple demonstrates the deep, deep dizzzzz-function in the power structure......agin the people more than anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

All the great takeover dudes and kingdoms allow national and cultural ID to stay in place.

BUT HAY I guess the Obama administration putting the IRS on some contrary political groups was ok cause it showed he wasn't like say GK and sh*t.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Why are your threads always about nastiness?

It's a nasty world.

Why do you have to insult everyone that you disagree with?

I haven't insulted anyone in this thread that I disagree with (yet)! Cut me some slack!

Oh, this guy looks slightly like Goebbel so you call him a creepy sycophant.

To be fair, no, he's creepy because he's creepy. In that instance, I referred to him as a sycophant far more because of the things he says like this:

"the President [...] will not be questioned."

You talk about other peoples hate speech and in the same breath ... you spew hate speech yourself.

I didn't mention hate speech at all in the OP and nothing I said was "hate speech" by any non-absurd-not-made-up-for-a-silly-response definition of the term.

Why do you always attack the person rather than what they say.

You do realize that I called out a Senior Advisor to the POTUS for lying about past ties to far more nasty people than I could ever hope to be, right?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Trump does seem to have a tendency to surround himself with people that have very questionable ties, whether it be Right Wing propagandists or links to nationalists/supremacists.

Let's not forget that he even has his own potential Rasputin, with Bannon.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join