It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Suspends Christian Homeschool Mom's Account Over Posts Citing Bible on Homosexuality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Face Book is has censored a users account over comments on what the bible says about homosexuality.

A Christian mother is accusing the social media giant Facebook of censorship after her account was suspended over posts on what the Bible says about homosexuality and sin.
Read more at www.christianpost.com... z.99

Elizabeth Johnson, mother of 10, runs a blog called "the activist Mommy". Her comments are 6 months old and were about how the Bible calls homosexuality as detestable and an abomination. She was responding to a post from another user that Christians are hypocrites.

Elizabeth Johnston, an Ohio homeschooling mother of 10 who runs the popular conservative blog "The Activist Mommy," told The Christian Post on Tuesday that Facebook suspended her account earlier this month because she wrote about how Leviticus condemns homosexuality as "detestable" and an "abomination."

Johnston said the comment in question was posted over six months ago in a long thread of comments that was in response to another Facebook user who claimed that Christians are hypocrites for condemning homosexuality but being willing to eat shellfish and pork.

Johnson has been on FB for 10 years and the blog since 2016. After starting her blob she has had her account frozen 3 times.

Johnston, who launched her "Activist Mommy" blog in 2016, told CP that she had been active on Facebook for over 10 years and was never reported until she became "The Activist Mommy." Since then, she has had her account frozen three different times. The first time coming last year after LGBT activists complained about a video she posted of a local gay pride parade.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I had my account suspended for 24 hours back before Christmas for posting an article from the New York Times about soldiers being ordered to turn a blind eye to pedophilia in Afghanistan. I was told it violated community standards.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I haven't had any issues with FB, I haven't really ever used it though.

Are you a heavy user?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Facebook is BLASHPHEMY!

You're one heck of a of source for important news aggregation.

Keem em coming

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hows this grab ya....don't use Facebook.
More PC Police bullshi* from the nutty Leftist mind controllers.
I have a Facebook account but have not looked at it for a long time...maybe several years.
A few Trump supporting friends of mine say they are constantly getting flamed by the Leftists on there.
I told them the same thing...don't use it anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
terms and conditions change recently for fb?
they can ban whoever and whatever they want ,no?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

I see post that have the cool and exceptable n word with an a at the end. I guess the FB community rules are OK with that one?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
I had my account suspended for 24 hours back before Christmas for posting an article from the New York Times about soldiers being ordered to turn a blind eye to pedophilia in Afghanistan. I was told it violated community standards.

I got a a12 hour ban a few times over minor nonsense.

Certain groups have more say than others when it comes to what is acceptable on Facebook. I find it to be a type of psy op. Facebook helps fuel the flame of division. This crap is just making stupid people act stupid.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I see post that have the cool and exceptable n word with an a at the end. I guess the FB community rules are OK with that one?

Maybe I missed something but I am not sure where you are going with that line of thought but I will do my best to entertain it. I personally don't use that word on FB. I never even log in anymore. But if someone wants to use that word, let them. If it's against the rules, enforce them, if it's allowed, let it stay...

Personally I believe there is a fine line between being humane and practicing free speech. People hide behind the anti pc label on fb and ats so they can spit their venom. I want no part of that.

I have some fb friends who are idiots. They post stupid stuff. Others are smart and post interesting things. Disturbing things can be found on FB and other sites, people are hateful and like to preach it.

Is her facebook ban outrageous to you? I've been banned for lesser things perhaps I should pm you about it and you can author a thread about it.

Just joshing you man, take care

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I think some consistency would be nice. It gets difficult in a hurry when you ban this and not that.
edit on 22-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Stop using facebook. You'll be happier, and you won't feel compelled to make a big dumb free speech stink when you don't like one of their rules.

Facebook is a private company whose service is 'free' to use, pissing and moaning about how they enforce their rules is beyond meaningless.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Wow a post entirely about you and your right leaning agenda. Which has almost nothing to do with the OP

The fact of the matter is Facebook is a private company that can hold its users to the privacy agreement that they sign when opening an account. You know that thing that no one ever reads scrolls through to find where it says accept and get on with their day. Yeah that determines what you can and cannot say which is then further determined by an employee who may have certain cultural or religious leanings.

They decide what is acceptable period.

Guess she will just have to join the methods of the Westboro Baptists and paint up a sign to spread her narrow formed opinion.

#YallNeedSomePhysics

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I think some consistency would be nice. It gets difficult in a hurry when you ban this and not that.

I agree, the consistency was certainly an issue. It is very frustrating, especially when you see blatant double standards in their judgement. I could be wrong but I believe there are certain algrhthms that help monitor these things. Perhaps it's the contraversial catch phrase of the day is what they are looking for. That;s why my paranoid self thinks it''s a psy op lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How does a mother home school 10 kids and still have time to run a blog on Facebook?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That was my first thought, too.

I'd be busy schoolin' the little horde, not blogging. Damn, that's a lot of kids.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
How does a mother home school 10 kids and still have time to run a blog on Facebook?

????

Was your school day 24 hours long?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

????

Was your school day 24 hours long?

Figure a minimum of 4 hours to teach 10 kids of various ages, then add in cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, errands, etc.

Doesn't seem physically possible to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Depending on your age our grandparents had no problems doing it but I do agree with you that most parent today don't have the patience to deal with things like this anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

That is more than likely what is going on.

The search that they are using is set up for specific things and more it is set up to ignore other things.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Terms and conditions change recently for ATS?

We can still post, discuss and criticize arbitrary censorship by private corporations, yes?

new topics

<<   2 >>

join