It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers horrified at 'Make Killing Great Again' poster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Shamrock6

Somewhere I heard that 75% of soldiers stationed overseas have no idea who they are fighting or why.

(letting that sink in)

About 93% of soldiers deployed into combat theaters aren't fighting anyone. They are there to support those that are fighting. Cooks, mechanics, fuelers, intel analysts, supply clerks, etc.

Let that sink in.

A common phrase in my Division in 2007 was "we went to war and a garrison broke out".

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

A common phrase in my Division in 2007 was "we went to war and a garrison broke out".

The fighters drive around outside the garrison until they get shot at, or blown up by IED's.

Thats not 'war' either.

Your garrison is an occupation.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh, you won't get any arguments from me on that. OIFI-II was war (I was there), OIFIII-IV was less about war and more about hearts and minds (I was there), OIFV+ was all about having troops in country (I was there).

Hence, a "garrison broke out".

BTW - it's not that bad getting shot at, getting hit is what sucks. When everyone is hiding you kind of have to wait for people to shoot at you so you know where they are. It's hot as hell, there is outdoor plumbing, you are carrying 100 lbs of gear, and you might die. Worst hide and seek ever.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Thanks for the chuckle and insight. Always good to hear from service men about their experiences.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What scares me the most is that people actually gave government jobs to some of these people. I'm talking about both the person who posted the poster and the person who had the insane reaction to it.

Perhaps it's time that all government workers had a psych evaluation to weed out the partisan nuts on both sides.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This lady went behind the back of her own coworker and spoke to a news reporter about it instead of just speaking to the coworker about it herself?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

People are too damned sensitive.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I don't understand what this is all about?
Soldiers kill, it's their job.
The VA supports retired soldiers so it's sounds like they would all associate pretty well with it.
I don't understand why any of this is wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Because the poster is super-duper scary so according to the "victim" and some fellow ATS members, the guy that put the poster up should be in jail.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Well perhaps this individual should not be working at the VA then?
I'm sure those guys tell some heavy stories.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join