It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University bans dorm room whiteboards to stop hurtful words

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Words can be used to form mean and racial statements-I suggest (mandatory) gag balls all around.

That does it!

Ban all books on college campuses!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Why would anyone hire a graduate from a university whose students can't even use whiteboards? If your university thinks you can't use a whiteboard, why should I think you can design a bridge?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've seen some pretty hurtful Post-it notes. BAN 'EM!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I once felt offended when a screen saver told me that Jesus is the way.... BAN 'EM!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No loan here the company paid the bills.. No house payment, no car payment and no health insurance payment.

Life's Good

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Just to be safe...they should probably BAN markers too---It's the only way to be SURE!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I once felt offended when a screen saver told me that Jesus is the way.... BAN 'EM!

I smell a lawsuit.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well if it can be used as a verbal, or visual weapon I would think for the benefit of the students it should be banned.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Two points...

1. Some universities seem to be run by morons, or overly influenced by students who do not seem to have left childhood.
2. The white board is not to blame. It's the person doing the writing. They will find other ways to express their opinions of the kids who cannot cope with the real world.

Lastly, it's a worry that these students are tomorrow’s potential leaders of industry and of politics. Can you imagine the disastrous future these young 'ens are engineering for themselves?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Double post, sorry!
edit on 22/2/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They are gong to have a real eye opening situation in a parking lot when someone says something, and instead of ignoring it, they may say "hey you can't say that to me".

This will be the last thing they remember before waking in the hospital.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
in the old days we would just write on a piece of paper and tape it to the door, maybe that college has already banned paper,tape and pencils.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

If you write it in cursive, the "kids" may not know how to read it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
in the old days we would just write on a piece of paper and tape it to the door, maybe that college has already banned paper,tape and pencils.

In the old days if someone said or wrote something hurtful about us we shrugged it off and moved on like immediately...because, F 'em!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Oh it's about to get PC up in here real quick!

I demand that black boards and sticky pads of every color be prohibited, as well as white notebook paper, ink pens of any color, pencils made from charcoal, and finally all consumer products made of plastic.

But Black Boards Matter #BBM

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
We're still left with a few problems...

If you ban all writing items, and writing mediums, your left with words.

Words can be so hurtful, if they're interpreted wrong..

"The sky is dark." is a pretty benign statement of observation..

However what people will grasp at, is your being racist.

Thus, theses universities need to ban speech of any sort. Hench-forth all campuses will be silent, like the old monasteries of old were the monks took vows of silence.

Also they must be completely paved, and all trees removed so the creative students can't write hurtful things in the dirt. no rocks either, someone might arrange them in a profane way not intended by nature.

Best ban the internet so they can't use social media to harassass each other.. From now on, all they can do is turn on the computer and come to a screen where they can only e-mail directly to their professors, and only to ask questions and submit course-work..

/sarc (or is it?)
edit on C17522303 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

edit on C17522327 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Now we need to ban post it notes, they can be used for the same purpose.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: paraphi

They are gong to have a real eye opening situation in a parking lot when someone says something, and instead of ignoring it, they may say "hey you can't say that to me".

This will be the last thing they remember before waking in the hospital.

But everyone knows, your not supposed to talk badly to the parking lot attendent; the only job most of these jokers could get.

Back when I went to school, we had a greenboard. I guess they could bring them back, but they may be offensive to the environmentalists. Or we could just go back to a chisel and some rocks; they come in all sizes shapes and colors. And you could get better results from throwing them at the teachers.
edit on 23-2-2017 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
First it was the whiteboards, next whiteout ink... then on to banning students for driving white cars.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

BAN dirty cars...it's too easy to write hurtful things on them...like "CLEAN ME, YOU HORRIBLE MINORITY PERSON!".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join