It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm convinced that the Left is on Full Blown Anarchy Mode You People are Dangerous

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This just never gets old. The left fusses about how mean the right was to Obama, and the right counters with how mean the left is being to Trump...

They both excuse it by using the exact same excuse... But they did it, too!!!

That's the sad level of unintellectual, juvenile discourse to which we've come: thinking it is ok to do or say something that has no relevance to the issues at hand simply because the other side does it, as if that is a valid reason.

I think you mentioned earlier, it's elementary schoolyard BS.

It's pathetic. And it has infected everything, from Washington to back home dinner parties and social hours.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
I still have yet to see any strength or leadership from the GOP

are you so used to blaming everything on other people that's all you have now?

seriously, show some guts and lead already
that's because the traitors in the GOP are really stealth totalitarians. My sister said she gets email requests for money to support their efforts in defeating Trump.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

If you see something you think might be bad, then of course you should say something. But don't let your reason be "because Trump"...actually have a reason(s) that people, like myself, can take a look at, take apart, and maybe say, "hmm, there may be something to this!". "Because Trump", I stop listening/reading. It didn't work when it was "because Obama", either.

I need something a bit more meaty than partisanship. It's taken me twenty plus years to get to this point, not going to stop now...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I love that none of you trump people who complain about protesters have ANY memory of 8 years ago when President Obama won. Holy # did people lose their minds. Selective complaints that only apply to ur side. Ugh hypocrites.
a reply to: Stevemagegod

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: khnum
When the weather warms up the paid protestors and generation stupid will hit the streets so hold onto your hat the show hasn't got out of first gear yet...and I shudder to think whats going to happen

Im ashamed of my Generation

Well I feel twice as bad my generation educated them

It's your fault for letting them watch so much television and ridiculous liberal programming that makes zero sense.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

I think you're just seeing what you want to see. I don't remember anyone losing their minds. Even my grandparents the biggest racists on earth were cheering Obama on.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

project much?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I need something a bit more meaty than partisanship. It's taken me twenty plus years to get to this point, not going to stop now...

This might be something new - and the left's reaction (along with many independents - and a growing number of conservatives) isn't partisan. It would be very difficult to win this argument with people that blindly support Trump - but he's not a conservative

We (many of us anyhow) have been through enough elections to know when we've lost, and then we all more or less accept that we've lost and will have a president that doesn't represent us - truly. We carry on, trust in our system, have faith in each other - and believe that our future is in reasonably stable hands

That's not what's happening now

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

We carry on, trust in our system, have faith in each other - and believe that our future is in reasonably stable hands That's not what's happening now

I think it's the "believe our future is in reasonably stable hands" part that has a lot to do with this.

Look, it's many factors. Please don't take the following as personally directed at you - it is a general response to everyone on the right that doesn't get the protest and unrest on the left.

1. Ugliest election in our lifetimes. More bile spilled and divisiveness generated than can be remembered, and that has spilled over in bad feelings post-election that Trump has done nothing to mend, and rather he seems to enjoy the ugliness and rancor, to revel in it.

2. Nationalism coupled with xenophobic rhetoric. You have two vastly different "realities" about America. One that is more white, straight and Christian, and another that is more embracing of the melting pot and all kinds of diversity. There is also a generational difference between old and young that is as sharp as in the 1960's.

3. Trump appears to those on the left to be an extremist, to be unstable, a prodigious liar, a simplistic loudmouth, a true bully, thin skinned to the point of ridiculousness, and an incompetent person to be at the helm.

Sorry but he really just does. Not trying to be remotely mean here or even hyperbolic. This is what the left sees. There is no "reasonably stable hands" in this picture.

4. There are grave and reasonable fears that this President and/or his campaign were aided, if not in collusion with, a traditionally distrusted foreign government whose leader regularly murders/ disappears / imprisons his opposition. Trump admires Putin's (and I quote) "great control over his country." (If that doesn't send chills up your spine then perhaps you need to frame it as if Obama said it.)

5. Trump's behavior towards women as witnessed in his Hollywood Access tape opened up wounds for women on the left who could not bring themselves to do what has been required of women for as long as there has been male dominated societies: they couldn't brush it off, and all the times some older or more powerful man had done it personally to them came flooding back, and when he won, it was literally like "that guy" had succeeded in abusing them again, in shutting them up and taking power over them.

I don't expect a lot of people here to understand that, but they would be wise to at least try. (But Bill! Isn't a valid argument. We hate that part of Bill's history too. He would have a much harder time in today's political climate and it was another load of baggage we wished hadn't come with Hillary.)

6. There is great fear on the left for the policies that this administration will enact.

We've seen incompetence and base cruelty with the Travel Ban EO that could have been easily avoidable.

We've seen a rollback for the tiny percentage of Americans who are transgendered and who are bullied, as well as "states rights" invoked as what seems to be a cover for prejudice against LGBTQ people in regards to "religious freedom" laws (I know there are two sides to this but I'm speaking about the concerns of the left),

There are significant fears regarding healthcare and immigration. People's lives feel threatened. It is important to understand this, if you are on the right. This isn't about taxes or money or even culture, this is life and death. No exaggeration. Telling the left to "chill and get over it" is a wholly inadequate response from people on the right.

These are not being adequately spoken to and again, a level of cluelessness and incompetence coupled with a lack of compassion is compounding and magnifying that fear.

Ryan and The Reps don't even have a detailed plan that can be vetted for cost, efficiency, quality or any real level of detail at this point after screaming a politically expedient "REPEAL!" For 7 years now. This does nothing to allay life and death fears. Nothing.

7. The Environment and National Parks / Land

Climate change is a reality for the left that is scientifically grounded. This is obviously not a concern for Trump.

We see America's opportunity to lead the world in green energy solutions as almost lost, unless industry takes full risk without government support, and possibly their opposition.

We see Big Oil taking over the Cabinet. We see environmental regulations designed to protect water from coal ash stripped away.

We see attempts to sell off huge tracts of public lands for the exploitation of rich people. We worry for the future of our planet as year after year the heat records are broken and the seas are rising and Reps heads seem stuck in their oil tar sands.

8. Banksters & Billionaires

This Cabinet is mostly extremely wealthy people, who we feel can't possibly be in touch with the day to day reality of normal non- billionaires.

They are our Swamp Critters and we want them drained away, not installed into power where they can continue their self-interested protectionism of the wealthiest class.

9. Voter Suppression, Gerrymandering, and the rise in hate crimes towards minorities (which points to racism, xenophobia, islamophobia, lgbtq phobia, or perhaps more succinctly stated, the Right's fear of cultural loss.

White culture, nationalism and Christian culture are being heavily promoted with this Administration. This makes core supporters happy and comforts them. It makes everyone else uneasy and marginalized.

The current climate is in part due to the rapidity with which cultural change was being promoted by the left, and the right feeling disempowered by that.

The problem becomes how to compromise and "live and let live." Now it seems to be simply an attempt to suppress everything about the left, to stamp it under heel so that "true America" according to the Right, can be dominant and therefore happy.

Okay, I may have missed some issues (nuclear weapons for one, education for another, disabled people etc.) that the left are worried about and object to. But that list should give folks the idea that this is a really big and widespread discontent and anger.

None of those issues justify rioting or violence.

But they certainly have inspired mass peaceful protests that are just beginning. When people fear for their families lives, their children, and the planet, you are going to hear about it.

The more the Right attempts to blow off or diminish these fears, to denigrate the left, to suppress and behave like "sore winners" unable to compromise or hear, the protest will get louder and bigger and more determined.

I wish you all peace here. I know you may disagree with the points I've mentioned but I am not here to argue their validity, only to share the "why" that is motivating protest. I know many will simply not get it, still, I felt I at least had to try.

AB

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
3. Trump appears to those on the left to be an extremist, to be unstable, a prodigious liar, a simplistic loudmouth, a true bully, thin skinned to the point of ridiculousness, and an incompetent person to be at the helm.

Sorry but he really just does. Not trying to be remotely mean here or even hyperbolic. This is what the left sees. There is no "reasonably stable hands" in this picture.

Might I be forgiven for observing that the GOP thought the same right up to the point that he became the candidate?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Look, it's many factors. Please don't take the following as personally directed at you - it is a general response to everyone on the right that doesn't get the protest and unrest on the left.

Did you mean me - or the Royal You? :-)

Those are all good points. I think in addition I would say: something about all this just doesn't feel right

Reasons and my gut - I'll tell you right now I'm all for holding his feet to the fire. He gets away with nothing, even if we have to criticize, contest, march and legally fight every inch of the way

Leading up to the election, and ever since - there has been nothing but analysis, opinion, historical comparisons and all manner of finger pointing and criticism - all of us trying to figure out what it is we're looking at. I wonder where we'll all be a year from now?

edit on 2/26/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Might I be forgiven for observing that the GOP thought the same right up to the point that he became the candidate?

Thank you...

that is pretty much why I did not vote for the guy, he wore one hat and supported that team for years.. .switched hats and now I am supposed to believe, he is the savior of the constitution or... he is out to destroy the constitution (depending on your team of choice)... the only thing that changed was Donald Trump (R)...

I still hope he does good things, but good lord the mental gymnastics Americans have done over this guy is astounding...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Thank you...

that is pretty much why I did not vote for the guy, he wore one hat and supported that team for years.. .switched hats and now I am supposed to believe, he is the savior of the constitution or... he is out to destroy the constitution (depending on your team of choice)... the only thing that changed was Donald Trump (R)...

I still hope he does good things, but good lord the mental gymnastics Americans have done over this guy is astounding...

Personally, I'm astounded that Cruz decided to support the Cheeto Messiah after the orange one had insulted both his wife and his father. That makes him an official fart-sniffer in my books.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Hehe Cruz just might be the biggest clown in DC, the only positive thing I ever said about him is that he made some of my left leaning friends lose their minds every time he spoke.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well, most of the GOP. Makes you wonder what the heck happened, no?

peace,
AB

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It wasn't personal! I started with quoting you, but the rest was to the world in general...

I certainly wasn't pointing any kind of finger at you...

Thanks so much for even reading it. Sometimes it gets to where even that can't happen.

- AB

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Anarchism in its truest and purest form is not violent, it only gets portrayed as such by those in power in an attempt to discredit, just in case that's the point you're trying to make. It's good to know that Anarchists are still considered dangerous though, those in power should not be allowed to get comfortable, especially if they are fascist in nature

Yet the "Anarchists" are all in favor of violent takeovers and over-throws.

Anarchy 1 = violent over throw of existing government and always leads to full authoritarianism.

Anarchy 2 = extremely limited government where hardly any government authoritarianism exists to begin with.

Lots of confusion.

you got triggered by 1 millennial talking crap.....

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

If you see something you think might be bad, then of course you should say something. But don't let your reason be "because Trump"...actually have a reason(s) that people, like myself, can take a look at, take apart, and maybe say, "hmm, there may be something to this!". "Because Trump", I stop listening/reading. It didn't work when it was "because Obama", either.

When it was Obama it was "Because Bush" lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I knew that

:-)

I wish we could get to a point where everyone would read too - but, not yet

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Personally, I'm astounded that Cruz decided to support the Cheeto Messiah after the orange one had insulted both his wife and his father.

Cruz, Ryan and so many others that just caved

You have to wonder what's happening and what gets said behind closed doors

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join