It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa pig farmer to Sen. Grassley: You’re going to create ‘one great big death panel’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So Republican U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley goes to a town hall style meeting in his state of Iowa and gets klobbered by people shouting about the possible ObamaCare repeal !!

This has happened recently to other Senators and Congress people going to their own neighborhoods.

They have been getting an onslaught of people screaming about issues.

Lots of people very nervous about changes to laws it seems.

I doubt the Republicans are going to cut anybody off.

Trump thinks it's Democrats organizing again.

And Iowa has been hit with some big insurance policy rate increases as has many other areas.

Trump says it's Liberals !!

And we now have a pig farmer as a living testimonial !
Iowa pig farmer to Sen. Grassley: You’re going to create ‘one great big death panel’ by repealing Obamacare

Republican lawmakers returning home this week to host town halls are being greeted by overflow crowds filled with angry voters and protesters demonstrating against President Trump’s polarizing policies.

And in Iowa on Tuesday, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley faced harsh questioning from his constituents, including a 62-year-old pig farmer who pleaded with Grassley not to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

“I’m on Obamacare,” Chris Peterson told Grassley in Iowa Falls, where more than 100 people packed a community center. “If it wasn’t for Obamacare, we wouldn’t be able to afford insurance.”

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How is anyone 'on Obamacare'? That I don't understand. Obamacare is the alternative name for the so-called "Affordable Care Act" which forces you to BUY insurance or face a penalty, but offers a subsidy for a certain income range which still leaves some people completely out in the cold because they make too much to qualify for Medicaid or Medicare or whatever it is, but too little to get the subsidy.

No matter what though, you're still buying a private health insurance plan through Healthcare.gov, it's just made in a way to compare plans easily. There is still no Healthcare plan called 'Obamacare' to be on.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

The policies sold on the exchanges are unique.

And you must buy one of those to get any subsidies.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From my experience with it, only Blue Cross Blue Shield plans were avaliable on it (in my state of NOrth Carolina). If I went to BCBS's website, they included the subsidy in their pricing, so it was identical to what was avaliable on Healthcare.gov
edit on 22-2-2017 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

From my experience with it, only Blue Cross Blue Shield plans were avaliable on it (in my state of NOrth Carolina). If I went to BCBS's website, they included the subsidy in their pricing, so it was identical to what was avaliable on Healthcare.gov

Might be interesting to look at that.

Is there a link?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

BCBSNC

Not exactly easy to send you links when they all require filling out information to get the prices. But, you can fill that out and the Healthcare.gov one out the same and it will give you the same prices, and the same subsidy amounts.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A lot of people will be negatively affected if the get rid of Obamacare. THat's why the Republicans have slowed down their plans and are still desperately trying to figure out what to do with it- because it would be a death panel.

Not that Republicans care about death panels, they've never been against them before, but it would look bad to create a new one now.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Weird i had insurance and now i cant afford it. So this guy gets insurance at 62 and me at 34 cant afford it now. So i have to subsidize his insurance and that is fair ? My insurance was 340 a month before ACA wit 2500 deductible . Now to get insurance its 488 a month 6600 deductible and where i live no one takes it so i have to drive 90 mins north to be in my area. Half of these people never even looked at Insurance before this so the have no idea how much it cost before.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

This PIG FARMER should be spending this week helping to save the 2.5 million pigs that a REAL "death panel" has condemned.

""Texas has a new plan for its 2.5 million feral hogs: total annihilation. 

Sid Miller, the state's agriculture commissioner, just approved a pesticide — called "Kaput Feral Hog Lure" — for statewide use.""

Source: www.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
How is anyone 'on Obamacare'? That I don't understand. Obamacare is the alternative name for the so-called "Affordable Care Act" which forces you to BUY insurance or face a penalty, but offers a subsidy for a certain income range which still leaves some people completely out in the cold because they make too much to qualify for Medicaid or Medicare or whatever it is.....

Forgive me for snipping your post but yea.....this sad fact that has always come to shake out of government welfare programs......which is what AFHCA is......those trapped in the mix are they working sorts. Looks better that way more optical to show free check free this and that for the poor, real poor but f(((K the working guy or anyone willing to get off his or her ass and go to work. And pay into Med-I-scare and Social-migrant-security ect. Screw them

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Feral Hogs can reek havoc on propriety,habitat of other wildlife, and destroy forest, and it is just about impossible to control them. sad that they have to be killed but that's just the way some things are.

plus there's this,

Can I wipe out a hog population through hunting or trapping?
The feral hog has managed to survive, adapt, and increase their numbers despite attempts at population control. While it is possible to keep the population in check with continuous control, it is highly unlikely to eradicate a hog population within an established range.
Feral Hogs

new topics

top topics

join