It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 2000 Mile long Wall Will Never be Built...Here's Why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I’ll suggest that the Iranian do the same. Building walls and fences From Cha-Bahar… to Bandar Abbas and from there the entire western borders to Bazargan. So they all sleeps safely from the American and Israeli invaders.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

For the record, I agree with snipers and automated machine guns, as well as drone patrols on our southern border, and also believe that a giant physical wall would be a worthy feat for bragging to future generations, like a world wonder of sorts. We just sell it as a tourist destination and both sides make bank.

I am willing to compromise and have nonlethal measure loaded into the drones and automated guns. Perhaps trans and electric darts instead??? Like if a solar powered drone just arrived and kept a current on somebody until authorities arrive. Is that reasonable?? Or the turrets have tranq rounds to sedate people, and any time one is set off it automatically alerts a human agent who takes control of the situation???

I feel these are very reasonable measures that should see somewhat more appealing??

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A wall is needed because if they try to climb using a ladder then simply break the ladder. Eventually it costs them so much to buy ladders they give up.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Then they can do an electrified fence with ratiometric current analysis, tdr/echo recon sensors, acoustic cable with ground sensors, maybe some Tc cameras and a nice touch would be biplanar laser imaging ;-)

Better living through electricity lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

To be honest I love Mexico and the Mexican people.

Do you want a cookie? I love America and American people. I want there to continue being an America.

It would stand in perpetuity as an embarrassment to our Generation.

No the left has that covered.

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Are those the countries you would like to emulate?

If not... well, you know.

LOL..What do you think will happen after years and years of millions of Mexicans and South Americans flooding in to the country? HEre is a hint, we ceasing being America and begin emulating those other countries.
edit on 22-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
USA: We can and will land a man on the moon.

USA: We can't build a wall, that's impossible.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

We don't need a physical wall.

Do you have walls around your house? A door with a lock? Why are you such a xenophobe.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

We don't need a physical wall.

Do you have walls around your house? A door with a lock? Why are you such a xenophobe.

We are talking about real families and real people.

I could live with the laws we have now.

They were not being enforced.

Believe it or not we have laws in place.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
fences make good neighbors

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

If walls are such a terrible idea, why does Israel have one?
Why does Saudi Arabia have one?

And there's one more, let me think.....thinking......thinking...
...OH YA, why does MEXICO have one?

China. Berlin, for a while. Belfast, nothern Ireland.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
We already have almost 700 miles of walls and fence along the border. This was built as a result of the Secure Fence Act of 2006.

We can finish this. We need to finish this.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Black_Fox

Walls are the last redoubt of dying empires.

Empire building brings many refugees form other lands into the "Empire", the complaints from the citizenry to keep them out result in promises to... wait for it.... keep them out.

Walls are a last gasp of an empire trying to prevent balkanization from refugees. It's all part of a larger trend of an empire not being able to sustain economical growth due to a technological/growth bottleneck.
Once the economic collapse is apparent to everyone everyone reverts to tribalism, which is the correct response for survival. Balkanization ensues.
Once growth stops refugees and immigrants drive wages down. Once growth stops, supply of labor starts to overwhelm demand. immigrants exacerbate this issue.

Empires in their glory day enforce their culture upon the conquered. Falling empires get cultures enforced up on it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Put more simply, revolt comes from within. In the end, the empire bites at its own wounds.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Country has been taken over by Cartels.

They need help with their Security.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

indeed, economic depression exposes the lines between peoples. A large part of america wants to draw its line at the national border. If america does not do this, the lines will be drawn inside the country.

It's better for a nation to see itself as one nation against another, instead of a house divided.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
A 2000 mile wall is not impossible by any means.. also if the wall were to go ahead it would be massive for the economy of the usa. Such a structure would create a massive amount of jobs and rather than be a negative memory, would be a great engineering feat..
Also you are guarding the most vulnerable part of the usa.. not just from Mexicans but any other foreign undersirables from entering illegally and by the easiest route.

Point taken,

Instead why don't we work with Mexico and solve our differences.

If they worked their side and worked with us on Security.

We could be more secure. They might be more secure as well.

Sadly I dont think this is a diplomacy issue, doesnt matter how buddied up the US and Mexico are as the people crossing illegally are going to ignore Mexican laws the same as they do America's.

Even with close cooperation between the 2 govs to stop the problem you need to do something, increased border security and a strong physical barrier wont stop everyone but it will stop a massive majority

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If mexico does not like the wall to bad.

We will just quit worrying about guns going south of the border to the cartels.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Great wall of China is 5500 miles...impossible? Hardly.
edit on 22-2-2017 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

According to our border agents they just need physical walls in strategic places that will make there jobs easier. So that's what's going to happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

According to our border agents they just need physical walls in strategic places that will make there jobs easier. So that's what's going to happen.

Yes,

The Border Patrol knows all of it doesn't need a fence.

I do lock my doors at night.

I don't think we need to lock the Southwestern Desert.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join