It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What trump needs to do next!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Am I still in the same thread or universe?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i hope everyone can tell this thread is completely and totally disingenuous. Theres another word for that but ill let you figure it out.

Dont feed it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well...how else is your point to be taken?

You used a thread where some ATS members apparently stated that the MSM was unpatriotic as an example to support the notion that there are people who are like the OP...wasn't that what happened?

Perhaps not...in which case, why did you bring that particular thread up at all?

I'm not trying to spin anything, perhaps you should be more clear about the point you're trying to make.

You could probably find non Trump supporters that believe some of that crap.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I thought I clearly stated that I didn't agree with those, only #1. I initially only read 1 through 4 before I realized dude was a hobgoblin. I don't mind strengthening the military more than it is (#10) but I didn't choose that one because I don't think it's weak and don't know his meaning of expanding it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So, there are actually 16 points because OP doubled up on 12. (so I've noted the second 12 as "12a")

I can say that I have seen folks who "strongly support" Mr. Trump in most threads here seem to agree with 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12a, and 15. I think many would partially agree with a couple of others.

So, my beliefs would suggest that 10/15 are pretty much spot on.

So, with no partial credit, I amend my previous statement: I think many folks who favor Mr. Trump would agree with 2/3 of these points.

I'd love to have someone prove me wrong.

EDIT: Corrected my post ... I want to make sure that I am clear that I'm trying to engage, not be insulting.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Gryphon66

I thought I clearly stated that I didn't agree with those, only #1. I initially only read 1 through 4 before I realized dude was a hobgoblin. I don't mind strengthening the military more than it is (#10) but I didn't choose that one because I don't think it's weak and don't know his meaning of expanding it.

AH, thanks for your response.

I'll amend my post just above.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm going to share something with everyone here.

It's a secret I've kept for quite some time and right now, for the first time in history, I will share it with the world.

I've developed this amazing talent where I can (this is going to be scary so hang on). . .

I've developed this talent where I can, almost at will, ignore people who post stupid things.

I'm still trying to refine this gift, this magical ability, that was given to me by a wandering gypsy I once saved from an ice cream headache by saying, "Whoa! Slow down!"

I know that not everyone has this ability. Most don't since it is actually magical and people aren't actually born with it.

But if ATS Management allows it, I will try to teach those who deem themselves worthy of such a gift.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have to give you a star for that one.

Well done.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Will you be charging for this class? It sounds like a gimmick....

Will it be available in As Seen on TV stores at all?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Nazi.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

Actually, I think there are about 3 or 4 of the points that are nutty (well, nuttier than the standard fare) ... but, for the most part, I've heard folks who like Trump say most of these things. There are threads here, at this moment, by non-sock puppet accounts, that are saying the same things.

I'd put it at about 25% BS, 75% right on target.

Lol, WHAT???????

Annnnnd, WHAT?????? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Just allow it, it makes them feel better about themselves. I know it's tough, but once you accept trolls for trolls it becomes easier.

I agree, but Gryphon was probably being serious.

Let me see if I understand you...

You don't believe there is a single Trump supporter like this on the internet?

I've yet to see one, so if there is, he or she is still mythical at this point.

Shall I link you to the thread where one of them rants about how the media should be declared as traitors and should be jailed until and unless they start reporting things more "patriotically?"

The saddest part of that whole thread was the 50-some flags it got and the support it received in the comments, so evidently there's a few of them right here on ATS. I'd imagine that means there's more of them spread across the country.

Yes, yes...here it is here.

One user claimed he has never met a Trump supporter like this (like the OP) and you offered to link that user to a thread where ATS users allegedly discussed an issue that is sort of similar to one of the points made by the OP.

So, you cited this thread as evidence that people like the OP exist, therefore, you insinuated that some of the people in the
thread are like the fake OP.

Don't let's split hairs, now. We are talking about an ATS thread here, so I'll concede that saying all users to who contributed to that thread match the bizarre MO postulated by the OP was wrong. Naturally, these politically charged debates tend to have two sides.

so it's unreasonable of me to claim or assume that all contributors to the thread were singing from the same hymn sheet in unison and in complete agreement...and it's disingenuous of you to believe that I actually believed that.

Other than that...you still implied that some ATS patrons contributing to that thread fit OP's MO simply because they agree with a single point...or a similar point, so why you trying to obfuscate the actual point here and focusing on something meaningless? What point were you actually tring to make here?

edit on 22-2-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I can tell you that you won't have to wear yoga pants or eat anything with "kale" in it.

Other than that?

Still a secret.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I was told there would be kale, so I'm not sure how I feel about this now...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I didn't imply anything, and there is the root of your problem. You're interpreting what I actually said as an implication of something else.

Can't help ya with that.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That would never happen. If Obama couldn't silence Fox News, Trump won't silence anyone. Everything Trump says is taken out of context.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If you are at all serious a suggestion to make all the other ones possible.

16) Completely get rid of the bill of rights and suspend the constitution for being too Classically Liberal.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well I have asked you several times now what point you were trying to make and you continue to avoid that question and play semantics.

So assumption is all I have left.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In the spirit of fairness, I'll note the ones that I agree with.

Well ... none.

Closest is probably #10. I'd like to see us keep ourselves militarily strong. I don't agree that we're weak.

I'm in favor of kids being able to pray in school. I don't think there's anything stopping them. We have religious freedom in thsi country, freedom of and freedom from.

And I would like to see our immigration and border policies updated.

So ... let's see giving partial credit I agree with 1.5/out of 16.

Son-uva ...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I restated my point. You keep trying to interpret it as something else. I said what I said, and went out of my way to make it clear I was answering one comment with one example.

Whatever implication you assign to it is in your own head, and based off whatever assumptions you've decided to pursue. I'm not in the habit of trying to explain what other people have made up and then claimed I said or meant.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

And blown out of proportion.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say "everything" he says is taken out of context, but I think a lot of what comes out of his mouth is jumped all over by a lot of people and dissected six ways to Sunday.

The problem, as I see it, is that he keeps giving them little kernels to run with. I don't know what the fix to that is, short of him just not ever talking to anybody (obviously untenable, of course), because I think we're at the point that he could say that the weather was nice and some clown somewhere would write an article that it was three degrees above optimal February temperature for DC and obviously that means Trump is attacking climate change.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join