It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What trump needs to do next!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We really need to stop agreeing. The cosmic implications have got to be just awful if this keeps up

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So some ATS users agree, in some small part, wth one particular point made by the OP, therefore, all of those ATS users can be grouped under the same umbrella as the fake OP?

That's pretty bigoted, that's almost like saying because one *insert minority* commits *insert atrociy* that all *minorities* will follow suit...

To me that line of thinking has more in common with that of the alleged patriot who started this thread.

I said I found 2 of the points listed to be reasonable...I suppose this makes me the same as the fake OP, too?

Yet...yet, I don't agree with the media claim, so how does that work? MSM does need a good kick up the backside for sure, but the idea that it's unpatrotic, they should be persecuted, arrested and punished is a bit much.

Even if I meet someone who genuinely believes that, I still wouldn't view them in the same way as I would someone who believes all of the points listed on page 1 of this thread.

You know what, people tend to take you more seriously when you're not so disingenuous and willing to play god with the truth. Say it like it is not how you'd like it to be.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmericanPatriot

So, y'all have never encountered somebody who could lay all that out in one single rant? Sure, might be a troll. Might just as easy be a good ol' boy. And given the tenor of a lot of the rhetoric around here these days, the OP might forgiven for thinking he'd found a home.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

Actually, I think there are about 3 or 4 of the points that are nutty (well, nuttier than the standard fare) ... but, for the most part, I've heard folks who like Trump say most of these things. There are threads here, at this moment, by non-sock puppet accounts, that are saying the same things.

I'd put it at about 25% BS, 75% right on target.

Lol, WHAT???????

Annnnnd, WHAT?????? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Just allow it, it makes them feel better about themselves. I know it's tough, but once you accept trolls for trolls it becomes easier.

I agree, but Gryphon was probably being serious.

Let me see if I understand you...

You don't believe there is a single Trump supporter like this on the internet?

I've yet to see one, so if there is, he or she is still mythical at this point.

Shall I link you to the thread where one of them rants about how the media should be declared as traitors and should be jailed until and unless they start reporting things more "patriotically?"

The saddest part of that whole thread was the 50-some flags it got and the support it received in the comments, so evidently there's a few of them right here on ATS. I'd imagine that means there's more of them spread across the country.

He said "like this" meaning someone that acts like the OP, believes those points, and actually supports Trump, which I've yet to see.
edit on 22-2-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

You can unflag....

Correct, but you can't unstar.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And making the giant leap of logic that my response about one member's thread in response to another member saying

I've yet to see one, so if there is, he or she is still mythical at this point.

and deciding that I must mean all Trump supporters on the planet is a pretty asinine leap of logic, but you made it and now here we are.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I could counter that by saying that, given all of the trolling that's allowed to take place on ATS nowadays, the OP genuinely has found a home.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

On that friend rhese people wanted to take away a fundamental right.

The right of freedom of speech and freedom of press.

So you cant blame us for wondering what over rights they would like to see gone?

I dont think all trump supporters are the same, infact if i was American i would have voted for him myself, if only to stop hillary. But there is a core "cult" that seems to have some odd ideas on freedom.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Lol. Now this thread has devolved into a bicker contest over who the OP truly supports. This has been a funny read.

"I don't want to accept this troll!"
"Well he's yours because he clearly isn't ours!"
"Nuh HUH!"
"Uh Huh!"

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I'll readily agree that this OP is pretty much a caricature of some (many?) folks think of when they hear the words "Trump supporter."

The thread I'm referring to wasn't quite so over the top with his "screw the Bill of Rights" shtick, but that's just what makes it disheartening in my opinion. He wasn't that far off from caricature level and yet seems utterly sincere in his beliefs.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I never said anything about every Trump supporter on the planet.

the point I clearly made is that the people who contributed to a particular thread about the MSM being unpatriotic do not necessarily agree with all of the points on page 1 of this thread simply because they agree with one particular point.

I thought that was clear, I do apologise.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I never said there wasn't anyone who didn't agree with one or two or even three of his points. I was asked if I thought there was a Trump supporter LIKE THAT, to which I've still never met one. Linking me to a thread where someone agreed with one of his points doesn't prove anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This has been a funny read.

Many times, that's all we can hope for.

link   

How about 5-15?

Just a x/15 will do; no need to be specific.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I hear ya man, we come in all shapes and sizes.

Some far-left have crazy notions as do some far right.

Man, even the moderates in between can harbour some dark thoughts and notions. I'm doing my best not to group folks and make assumptions. The last few months have been absolutely mental but you have to see the funny side.

I mean no harm or insult.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You said "all those ATS members."

I said, specifically, a single example. Whatever spin you apply to that is on you.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I know I said that, is that bad?

We were talking about "all those" ATS members...as in "all those" ATS members that partook in a particular thread about the MSM being unpatriotic.

That's...that's what that was about...which is why I said that.

How else can I say it without saying it?

Are you annoyed with me?

I'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'll readily agree that this OP is pretty much a caricature of some (many?) folks think of when they hear the words "Trump supporter."

The thread I'm referring to wasn't quite so over the top with his "screw the Bill of Rights" shtick, but that's just what makes it disheartening in my opinion. He wasn't that far off from caricature level and yet seems utterly sincere in his beliefs.

I found all of his responses after his OP to be sarcastic and I'm pretty good on picking up sarcasm. Just my opinion though, and you didn't see me in that "lock up journalist" thread. I'm not afraid to admit that I don't agree with everything Trump says or does but I do agree with most. Locking journalists up for lying would never, NEVER fly. And if he really said that, I'd bet my paycheck it was taken out of context.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Meh. Wanting to take away rights in the name of Trump is wanting to take away rights in the name of Trump.

When you start trying to argue as to how many rights a person wants to take away in the name of Trump, I stop caring about the debate. One right, three rights, or all of them, for no reason other than "your guy" is now in office and freedom of speech and freedom of the press is inconvenient for "your guy." Debating how many rights one supporter is okay with taking away versus how many another is okay with taking away is splitting hairs.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

When you try to spin my singular example as somehow being me talking about all ATS members that support a particular line of thought? Yea that's kinda bad. I mean by all means, do you.

Just don't try and say it's what I must really mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join