It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Implies The Media's Job is to "Control What People Think."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
MSM
=

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

That's just the way she is, I think. There was a clip of her during the election where she thought trump would come back stronger from some scandal (she was right) and her body language is very similar.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The 24 hour news formula.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

If you watch at 0:28-0:29 you can see a cut.

Anyone find an unedited version?

ETA:

Listen to the audio: what you hear is her saying "Donald Trump thinks he can tell people exactly what to think, and that is the ...[cut video] ... our job [cut audio]

It's faked. (ETA Maybe)
edit on 22-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

Another video of this part of the program is available here (critical portion at 1:04) Real Clear Politics

It's better quality than the linked one ... but ... perhaps she did say "that's ... that's our job."

It's hard to tell with the edits.

Anyone got a better version? Or a transcript?
edit on 22-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

Final note: (Third edit): I think she did, at this point after listening about 30 or 40 times, say "that's the ... that's our job."
edit on 22-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Third and final

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Have a news conference, bring out a big high def screen and have it play over and over in the back as Trump silently stands by then says....Very Fake News, how shameful.

Start every Presidential Press conference this way till they cave in and beg for mercy.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
I looked carefully at the body movement in the video you just posted, and I don't think anything is edited out in the "and that... that's our job" moment. It seems to me that the slight gap in her speech is just hesitation, as she reaches out for a way to end the sentence and picks the wrong one.
She probably started off intending to say something like "and that clashes with our job of keeping the public informed", but she can't think fast enough to get the wording right.

edit on 22-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Gryphon66
I looked carefully at the body movement in the video you just posted, and I don't think anything is edited out in the "and that... that's our job" moment. It seems to me that the slight gap in her speech is just hesitation, as she reaches out for a way to end the sentence and picks the wrong one.
She probably started off intending to say something like "and that clashes with our job of keeping the public informed", but she can't think fast enough to get the wording right.

The original video posted here was very low quality.

I found one that was a little better that actually had couple more seconds on it.

Yes, I believe she said it.

No, I can't believe she intended to nor do I think she believes it.

Yes, I do think that some folks will use this (as we've seen) to make a grand statement about all media.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
HIccough.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

She's about 24 months behind, and STILL doesn't get it.

Trump never told people what to think...he said out loud what they already knew and were thinking

"Establishment" media and politicians are completely out of touch will all but the most well off coastal residents. They "love" the poor and down trodden... as long as they don't have to touch them or get near them... "They love the poor... they just don't like the smell of the poor." - Chris Hedges

edit on 22-2-2017 by dasman888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Let's Make This Crystal Clear..............The Media's ONLY JOB is to Report the News and Current Events , PERIOD .

For Example - " A Man was Shot Dead Today in a Suburb of Chicago " . Film at 11 ....

" Congress Voted On a New Bill Today to Legalize Stupidity "

" Day Lights Saving Time is Tomorrow , Do Not Forget to set Your Clocks Back 1 Hour "

Unbiased Political Commentary can be Tolerated , but Not Personal Opinions of News Writers and Reporters , that is NOT NEWS..........

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What about "Justin Beiber gets arrested"???

edit on 22-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes , that IS News , but Not the Opinion of the Reporter who Covered it . Nobody really Gives a Rats Ahass what He or She Thought About It ......... Irrelevant .

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I call it Bread & Circuses.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Of course the media's job is to control what the public thinks, that's what propaganda is meant to do. Anyone who thinks the media isn't propaganda are victims of said propaganda.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This was posted on the last page but apparently people don't want to click on it because it's from Breitbart. LOL.

CLICK HERE

It's longer, and nothing is cut off. She said it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Well, there is your proof that mainstream media is nothing more that a properganda machine.

I turned that crap off over 13 years ago, and I am propaganda free.

Remember folks the five corporations that own mainstream media are controlled by the FCC and the FCC is controlled by the CIA.

And we all know that the CIA has many mind control programs going on around the world.

Thanks to the internet, the CIA propaganda is falling apart for those that do research.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

In this Case , in 2017 , it's Food Stamps and Oblivious Sports on T.V. . Will Man Ever Evolve , or Just go Slogging on into Exstinction Eventually ?
edit on 22-2-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ah, the MSM admitting what they really are via the daughter of the "Grand Chessboard" player Zbigniew Brzezinski. This is already known, thanks for the heads up and enjoy your new con careers elsewhere as more outlets come to a close.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Unfortunately the media thinks they are God's which is extremely dangerous! I truly blame the media for lying to brainwashed individuals saying Clinton was going to be president. I am part or was part of another board that worships the media, you go against their precious media, and they turn into rabid bitches!

The scary part they are mothers, wives, and just women who supported the rioting, went to the Womens March, wants Trump dead or at least impeached and doesn't care if we have terrorist in our country. This scare me, it truly does, we unplugged from our brainwashing TV like 8 years ago so this is how I can pick out the Zombies from the real people. We see news clips on youtube only and no longer watch TV. This country has just gone to #.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Probably doesn't even realize it's wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join