It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Implies The Media's Job is to "Control What People Think."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I watched the clip and read the transcript.

SCARBOROUGH: "Exactly. That is exactly what I hear. What Yamiche said is what I hear from all the Trump supporters that I talk to who were Trump voters and are still Trump supporters. They go, 'Yeah you guys are going crazy. He's doing -- what are you so surprised about? He is doing exactly what he said he is going to do.'"
BRZEZINSKI: "Well, I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media and trying to make up his own facts. And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job."

She accuses potus of trying to control what people think; then she ADMITS "that is our job".
Spin it however you like.
Deflect as much as you can.
Her words in context.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The media has worked with the government to control the people before, they just got hung up on the whole NWO controlling things and have abandoned our government. Trump is trying to take away the power of the NWO. I do not know if NWO is appropriate but there is an international group of big people that want to control everything and the Media has gone with them instead of our government. Hillary was tied to them more than Trump, trump is trying to get our sovereignty back.

This international organization is very powerful, it is worse trying to break free of it than a person trying to get out of Scientology. But if We stick with England and some of the others exiting this, we will do fine.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

...I concede she does in that snippet but she elaborated and the wider exchange by the full panel provided more context.

You mean 'corrected' herself, to which they added more 'context'.

I call that back pedaling.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That's completely wrong!
Facebook controls what people think.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's probably more accurate.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Love how the video is cut off and very narrow. I saw the full exchange and she wasn't saying what you are implying. I concede she does in that snippet but she elaborated and the wider exchange by the full panel provided more ccontext. The panel went on to say that the media was definitely pushing a narrative on immigration that wasn't the full picture or the whole truth.

So then was or wasn't it in context? Really wanna know.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
When was the last time any media outlet said, "Here are the facts, come to your own conclusions".

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
When was the last time any media outlet said, "Here are the facts, come to your own conclusions".

Or had opposing views in true debate style instead of interrupting and outshouting each other. Their news 'panels' are a joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Truly the Ministry of Propaganda for the Democratic party.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

theyre not news panels...theyre pundit panels...puppet panels....muppet panels.....

definitely not news....

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I like Morning Joe, despite the channel it seems to me to offer the broadest spectrum of opinions in the media.

I honestly think Mika got caught up in the discussion and said something "on camera" that they all say with each other.

Like when soldiers say "our job is to kill people", its a passing remark that is not really honest but breaks down the job to its rawest form.

It's not that the media is there to "control what people think" so much as the media "provides the information to form opinions".

It is up to us, as individuals, to decide what we do with the information provided.

The problem with the media in America today isn't so much "how" information is provided, but "what" information is provided. "Garbage in, garbage out" as they say.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Jesus !!

Now all the die-hard MSNBC watchers will automatically think they are not the targets !!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Jesus !!

Now all the die-hard MSNBC watchers will automatically think they are not the targets !!

I know, as if the variety of news networks don't all regurgitate the same stories over and over.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

theyre not news panels...theyre pundit panels...puppet panels....muppet panels.....

definitely not news....

They appear intelligent as long as the 'idiot cards' work. As soon as they go off script, their Barby and Ken doll facade collapses.

"Look at how it fizzles the way it ...fizzles."

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

No...I'm suggesting you guys watch the full clip. I know that would hurt though, since you'd all have to check your confirmation bias to do it.

She said what she said. Dont believe your lying ears though!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"The Media's Job is to "Control What People Think."

FAIL!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You should have titled this thread " Fake news gets real"!

Do you think that the left will get a clue and realize that the MSN is nothing more than a propaganda machine built to control what they think?

Nah! They will just keep living their delusion!

It is hard to change the way you think when you've been brainwashed for so long. It is a wonder that they can think at all!

There is a longer clip at Breitbart
edit on 22-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add link

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow seems like they are really worried that there construct of lies and misinformation is going to collapse. I noticed something strange. To me at least she looked really nervous during all of this. Is she delibrately disclosing the truth without looking to supsicious? Perhaps some news anchors are sick of this crap too and are trying to wake people up. I know its far fetched but we are on ATS after all. I predict a lot of people who work for the news coming forward in the near future because they reached there breaking point. I'm noticing similarities to the way how the german media operates too. Maybe there is already an invisible war raging on inside the MSM? I wouldn't be to happy either if i had to lie all the time and watching society crumble into dust because of them.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see those that criticized the Trump administration for saying certain things that were clearly spun and taken out of context.

I wanna see what mental gymnastics you can spin from this.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

No...I'm suggesting you guys watch the full clip. I know that would hurt though, since you'd all have to check your confirmation bias to do it.

its not there in their channel on you tube, i looked for it but couldn't find it, that segment must have been cut off

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join