It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Implies The Media's Job is to "Control What People Think."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Link to video
This morning Mika said she was concerned that donald trump was controlling what people think, when that's the media's job. What is wrong with these people? Was it just unfortunate wording or did they just out themselves?

edit on 22-2-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Link to video
This morning Mika said she was concerned that donald trump was controlling what people think, when that's the media's job. What is wrong with these people? Was it just unfortunate wording or did they just out themselves?

Definitely just outed themselves.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

More like confirming what everyone already knows!

Most of the media is propaganda, paid by private entities for what? our entertainment?! nuh uh!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Freudian slip. The way they would put it, given time to think, would be "The media's job is to keep the public informed".
If the comment is challenged, the answer will probably be that the host "mis-spoke".

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This is (nbc) MSNBC correct?
Same network that put Brian(i was there and shot at) Williams back on the air for the election?
Same network that has Maddow on?

Not so surprised......this is what they(nbc) do...it is actually all that they are good at these days.

"The most effectual engines for [pacifying a nation] are the public papers... [A despotic] government always [keeps] a kind of standing army of newswriters who, without any regard to truth or to what should be like truth, [invent] and put into the papers whatever might serve the ministers. This suffices with the mass of the people who have no means of distinguishing the false from the true paragraphs of a newspaper." --Thomas Jefferson to G. K. van Hogendorp, Oct. 13, 1785. (*) ME 5:181, Papers 8:632

famguardian.org...
edit on 22/2/2017 by shooterbrody because: its jefferson man

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Hang on I'll go turn on the local station to see what I think about this.

The brainwashing of the masses, no that is just the stuff of conspiracy theorists.

"What your mind devours you become"
- ThoughtIsMadness

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yep, luckily not too many people watch and saw them out themselves.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Say it with me:

When The Fourth Estate becomes The Fifth Column then you have a problem.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

This will be played over and over and over. The pundit who offered that insight will soon be unemployed. I don't think even nbc will try to protect her.
edit on 22/2/2017 by shooterbrody because: inappropriate pronoun use....15 yards automatic first down

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is priceless. S&F.

"that is OUR JOB"

Again, you just cant make this $h!t up!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Very well put and yes........we have a problem. But we've had this problem for years now and I would guess that explains the falling/failing viewership.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Nah, they wont fire her. They need her for the diversity factor. They will figure the audience is too stupid to notice.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Added to the OP. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Love how the video is cut off and very narrow. I saw the full exchange and she wasn't saying what you are implying. I concede she does in that snippet but she elaborated and the wider exchange by the full panel provided more ccontext. The panel went on to say that the media was definitely pushing a narrative on immigration that wasn't the full picture or the whole truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Feel free to post the whole clip. I'll add it to the OP

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The real question should be: How long ago you found out about it ?
me it was 2002 when Tom Brokaw twisted Rep. James Inhofe words.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

True. It's been going on for a long time and even a moderately close inspection made it painfully obvious.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Love how the video is cut off and very narrow. I saw the full exchange and she wasn't saying what you are implying. I concede she does in that snippet but she elaborated and the wider exchange by the full panel provided more ccontext. The panel went on to say that the media was definitely pushing a narrative on immigration that wasn't the full picture or the whole truth.

Thanks for telling us "what she really means" as opposed to what she actually said...................

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No...I'm suggesting you guys watch the full clip. I know that would hurt though, since you'd all have to check your confirmation bias to do it.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Ummm....so what your saying is...Once the producers figured out that she just exposed them for what they truly are...her earpiece had nonstop corrective instructions to expand the rhetoric...so that later they could claim what they just indoctrinated you with...?

YouSir

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join