It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Ad Agency Suspends Infowars over Support for Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

A letter sent to Infowars explaining the decision cites the “political content” of our website as the reason for the suspension.

The letter also implies that the suspension is related to the “fake news” witch hunt that has been spearheaded by the mainstream media, citing “potentially sensitive information” that is not accurate.

The company has violated its agreement with Infowars and this represents a direct, politically motivated attack on our funding with a potential revenue loss of around $3 million dollars a year.

Major Ad Agency Suspends Infowars over Support for Trump

Regardless of your opinion of Alex Jones, this appears to be very bad news for alternative media. AdRoll's decision apparently is being applied to all monetized YouTube channels if they "imply affiliations" with political candidates.

In other words, this decision will make it far more difficult for a candidate such as Donald Trump to ever become POTUS again. Alex Jones' YouTube channel played a significant part in getting Trump elected.

There were a lot of other monetized YouTube channels that helped Trump a lot too. This decision by AdRoll will limit the influence of alternative media going forward.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

well from a broader perspective it isn't all about AJ. There is a lot of going on right now on YT
pewdiewey? and many other pro-trump channels are getting harrassed by YT and other socialnetwork sites right now. possible an indication that the elite steer away from the MSM and are now targeting internet creating fake accounts and controlling the comments and views. It's all done to distort the truth that most of amerika supports trump right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Infowars has been supporting Trump for a while now. So why suspend Infowars now?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
Infowars has been supporting Trump for a while now. So why suspend Infowars now?

Ever shift into 5th gear?

More like overdrive, yet same principle applies.
edit on 2/22/2017 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ad revenue is a failed model anyway. Infowars is set with their store.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

Alex Jones is a failed model anyway. He said he was willing "to die for Trump."

(suits me just fine, btw - his noise is IMO insufferable, so the sooner he falls, the better) (I'll be really really excited the day that ATS bans him as a source!)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
They are not the only one, are they? In this case they could rent their banners at even higher price.
However there's only one Youtube. They will need to sue them. Youtube is kind of public place.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

This kind of stuff is disappointing but i think its rather too little too late. Cat has left bag, so to speak.

If people were paying any attention to MSM, Trump could not and would not have won.

Now the Left is comically overplaying its hand and doing nothing more than harming their own position further and further.

Scratch and claw as they may, the Liberal Left is on life support and fading fast. Too many people have "woken up" to the BS.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Looks like "they" are moving forward with their agendas:

Google and Facebook declare war on alternative news sites via ad revenue.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Remember how much revenue they generate from one agency next time jones gets his begging bowl out for his moneybomb.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
They are not the only one, are they? In this case they could rent their banners at even higher price.
However there's only one Youtube. They will need to sue them. Youtube is kind of public place.
If by "kind of a public place" you mean "not a public place at all", then yes, you're right.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

(suits me just fine, btw - his noise is IMO insufferable, so the sooner he falls, the better) (I'll be really really excited the day that ATS bans him as a source!)

That's why he gained viewers to an incredible amount surpassing CNN, CNBC and NBC all together. Clearly a model set to fail in the minds of wishful thinking libtards

People need to hear a different voice other than mainstream media which is proven in many cases to have been deceptive and misleading. Wishing for an independent source of information to fail and be shunned is non other than a wish to ban free thinking and information. this mentality is what is dooming the left.

I also wanna add that ATS is a conspiracy board and Alex Jones more than a lot of other sources, voices those conspiracies and puts those into the mainstream. ATS has always had members with a amirable critical thinking and mature audience. Conspiracy theorists are bread and butter for our forum. You're in the wrong place if you think ATS should ban people because you don't like them.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

That's why he gained viewers to an incredible amount surpassing CNN, CNBC and NBC all together. Clearly a model set to fail in the minds of wishful thinking libtards

People need to hear a different voice other than mainstream media which is proven in many cases to have been deceptive and misleading. Wishing for an independent source of information to fail and be shunned is non other than a wish to ban free thinking and information. this mentality is what is dooming the left.

I also wanna add that ATS is a conspiracy board and Alex Jones more than a lot of other sources, voices those conspiracies and puts those into the mainstream. ATS has always had members with a amirable critical thinking and mature audience. Conspiracy theorists are bread and butter for our forum. You're in the wrong place if you think ATS should ban people because you don't like them.

No, he didn't surpass them. His site ranks 496th in the US;

CNN ranks 18th,
FoxNews ranks 47th,
BBC ranks 78th,
NPR ranks 124th,
Reuters ranks 198th,
CNBC ranks 199th,
NBC ranks 384th.

And while we're at it, MSNBC ranks 424th. So - you are incorrect. Sheesh - you didn't even TRY to get it right, did you? That's because you listen to Alex Jones. (hint, check alexa.com for actual rankings).

Alex Jones is a liar, a "comedian" and an "entertainer" who takes advantage of conspiracy nutjobs who think the world will be ending any day now. And he's gotten rich doing it.

BTW, it isn't up to you to tell me whether ATS is the "right" place for me or not. I've managed to be here nearly daily for almost six years.

Infowars is ridiculous. Absolute rubbish.
edit on 2/22/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

Might be worth deeper analysis. Let the SCOTUS speak out. In my view the whole net is kinda public place. Money is public, political means public...if their conditions violates first amendment or whatever, it's illegal. Server/company in France would be burqa-free. In Malta it would pay lower taxes etc. I'd sue ATS if they banned me.
Nah, just kidding. Or not? Better don't try me!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am not so fond of Alex Jones, but some of his info is right on. Trouble is that half of his info is not correct. His opinion steers his interpretation negatively a lot.

We need sites like this, if we didn't have them we would be limiting our ability to see both sides of an issue to determine if the correct information is being portrayed in our MSM. It is also important to realize why lots of people have a different opinion of things so we can understand instead of condemn their perception.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am not so fond of Alex Jones, but some of his info is right on. Trouble is that half of his info is not correct. His opinion steers his interpretation negatively a lot.

Not correct or free-speech opinion? Exactly 50%? Does it come from the ministry of truth? Is he news or vlogger?
I've got that feeling these questions will be around for years and internet will look different in the end. It's Infowars!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

No, he didn't surpass them. His site ranks 496th in the US;

CNN ranks 18th,
FoxNews ranks 47th,
BBC ranks 78th,
NPR ranks 124th,
Reuters ranks 198th,
CNBC ranks 199th,
NBC ranks 384th.

And while we're at it, MSNBC ranks 424th. So - you are incorrect. Sheesh - you didn't even TRY to get it right, did you? That's because you listen to Alex Jones. (hint, check alexa.com for actual rankings).

Alex Jones is a liar, a "comedian" and an "entertainer" who takes advantage of conspiracy nutjobs who think the world will be ending any day now. And he's gotten rich doing it.

BTW, it isn't up to you to tell me whether ATS is the "right" place for me or not. I've managed to be here nearly daily for almost six years.

Infowars is ridiculous. Absolute rubbish.

It was during the election and the winning of the presidency. Unfortunately I don't remember where I've seen those stats but weren't from A. Jones. And remember, the key word here is GAINED. It doesn't matter what's your opinion of Alex Jones. I think you're missing the point, purposely or out of blindness. The idea is that because you don't like Alex Jones you can't ask ATS to shut him up and ban his information. And whether you like it or not, ATS belongs to all of us and is everybody's place to remember users who seam to forget that is a conspiracy site. So take it as an friendly comment and not a personal attack.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So Alex Jones has moved outside of the T&C of his advertising contract, and they are terminating it for just cause.

Im neutral on Infowars, since they no longer look crazy when compared to CNN. I won't consume their product, so its immaterial to me. But I think that this is obviously political. Alex Jones has been bringing the crazy for years. Its his Trump support that sent them over the edge? I don't buy it. There's no way they'll tolerate reptilians, and not Trump.

So whether you support Infowars or not, you have to at least take notice of the political hit job. I'd be interested to see the actual argument based on contract law to see how that shakes out.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Alex Jones' YouTube channel played a significant part in getting Trump elected.

if you ACTUALLY belive that - i has a bridge for sale - wannaa make an offer ?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Love him or hate him, it isn't right.

You might be applauding today because you don't like Alex Jones (I totally understand)
BUT would you be cheering as loudly if it was an alternative that you enjoyed reading?

Slippery slope my friends, and I don't like it. As much as I hate the some of the news outlets, none of them should never be silenced.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join