It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All this Russia-Trump talk, lets not forget Obama open mic slip

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Flynn does not speak for Trump. He is not the president. Trump is the president. Trump will not drop any sanctions on Russia.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: greenperson

The US has just taken punitive measures against Russia in the form of sanctions. If Flynn told or promised the Russians anything that undermined the efficacy of those sanctions then he would be defeating measures taken by the US.

Also, a country generally doesn't levy sanctions against another unless there's some kind of dispute.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if he was acting with Trump's authority. It doesn't matter if Trump knew about the conversations. It doesn't matter if what Flynn said or promised meshed with Trump's plans.

To the Russians this was a key adviser in the upcoming administration. To them his words represented the will of the President-elect. If those words undermined the authority of the President then that's all that matters.

link   

There is no dispute between Russia and America. There may be dispute regarding Crimea, but Flynn did not discuss that and therefore did not violate the Logan Act.

I quote.

"in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States"

link   

There is no dispute between Russia and America. There may be dispute regarding Crimea, but Flynn did not discuss that and therefore did not violate the Logan Act.

I quote.

"in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States"

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The US currently has sanctions levied against Russia for two military disputes that the US is standing on the opposite of (Ukraine and Syria.) They also have sanctions levied due to the disputed annexation of Crimea. And then there's the sanctions (which are the sanctions in question) that were levied due to the controversy surrounding the US election and Russian hacking.

We can ignore all that though because we need to only focus on one part:

or to defeat the measures of the United States"

Like I said previously, these sanctions were a punitive measure levied by the President of the United States. If Flynn's words in anyway limited the efficacy of these measures one would have no choice but to say he defeated them. Thus putting him in violation of the Logan Act.
edit on 2/22/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

2012, he was the POTUS, doing a good job, no. But he was POTUS.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
The big difference is that he was the f*ing President at the time. He had every right to have those discussions.

Trump's people did too. No law was broken.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Depending on what was said then no they didn't. Obama was still President at the time. If any of those conversations undermined his actions then that is in violation of the Logan Act. Of course no one would actually be charged with a violation. That's just a can of worms no one wants to deal with.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

As of now, there is no evidence of anything criminal. So the rationale it was legal for Obama so it was alright is a false argument.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You wish there was no evidence. So does trump.

What's this latest. WH tries to get FBI to back off of Russia investigation.

Oh no!!!

FBI refuses to fold to the pressure.
I bet now they double their efforts.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You wish there was no evidence. So does trump.

What's this latest. WH tries to get FBI to back off of Russia investigation.

Oh no!!!

FBI refuses to fold to the pressure.
I bet now they double their efforts.

There is evidence?

Surely you of all people can provide it. Because you apparently have inside information.

I'll be waiting, but won't hold my breath, sorry.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenperson

Flynn does not speak for Trump. He is not the president. Trump is the president. Trump will not drop any sanctions on Russia.

Not now. How would that look?

I know you're never going to see my post.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Why would the FBI be investigating?
They don't normally reveal evidence during an open investigation.
You asking for it just makes you look childish.
The fact is the white house is trying to quash the investigations.
The FBI refuses to back off.
It's on the news.
The real news not info wars or Breitbart or any other alt right bull#e.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The FBI found nothing about Trump being a traitor. If they did, Trump would be in prison by now. FBI wouldn't wait 10 years to declassify something.

If there is no wrongdoing, FBI should stop the investigation. We don't need a 10 years investigation into nothing. I wouldn't want the FBI investigating me for murder, something I did not do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join