It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM is desperate to influcence people against Trump.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
trump has a segment of the population believing the far far right point of view that the media is all lies, and everything he says and does is gospel. it is truly sickening that some people can be so easily brainwashed. the media is not all lies and trump is not perfect.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Your view echoes pretty much what is Common Sense. Nobody is all lies and nobody is perfect.

link   

edit on 2/22/2017 by carewemust because: Carewemust

link   

edit on 2/22/2017 by carewemust because: Carewemust

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Have you read what Sam Nunberg, Trump's election campaign communications director said?

"If candidate Trump was upset about unfair coverage, it was productive to show him that he was getting fair coverage from outlets that were persuadable," said former communications director Sam Nunberg.

The context of this quote is that he was explaining how the campaign tried to manage/steer Trump's news consumption. If he was getting too much bad press, they would "persuade" friendly outlets to run pieces that praised his fragile ego.

Further in the article:

For example, when Trump engaged in a Twitter war with Khizr Khan, the father of a slain Muslim U.S. soldier in Iraq, the team set up a meeting with Gold Star Mothers of Florida and made sure to plant the story in conservative media.

source

So, tell me again, OP and supporters, who again is it that biased and unreliable? Only CNN, MSNBC, etc?

Or maybe, just maybe, all the major media outlets fall short?
edit on 2/22/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

US media is not free speech it is weponised information.

Letter perfect.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Just a fascist?
Why not throw in racist or bigot, feck it the OP is probably a rapist to boot!!!

Just a Fascist. Did you click on the hidden link? It defines Fascism. The OP clearly holds a Fascist ideology, properly defined. It's not an insult or label, it is a technical description. I know nothing about their racial opinions or sexual proclivities, but I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Yes, I have actually. The more I read, it becomes clearer that Trump is a coddled man-child.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Close to half of the people on this website are still unable to see it. People are so brainwashed into their partisan dogma that they are not only unwilling to see the facts, but they do not WANT to see the facts.

Nine out of ten times I can predict where people get their information by the words and phrases they repeat. With the unlimited resources for knowledge and fact checking, people STILL fall for the NLP based brainwashing.

The MSM is state sponsored propaganda. PERIOD. It is not a theory, it is 100% proven. This election shows us that everything people have been saying about the media being biased is 100% true. We all know that the CIA and other alphabet companies run the media. We all know about Mockingbird. We all know that every single government entities have media liaisons. We all know the AP feeds all of the stories. We all know that the MSM is just another arm of the ruling corporate political class. We all know that the MSM is owned by a very small handful of people.

And the biggest issue? We all know they have an agenda.

So why do people continue to buy the garbage coming out of the MSM? Why are you so willing to hand your mind over to people that want nothing but to control your thoughts and actions?

Why are you so willing to completely dismiss facts in order to prop up your partisan bias? When will it stop?

Your opinions are not your own.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Famed historian Robert Conquest wrote that there are three rules of politics, and they seem to apply here and to both right and left, for instance the Russians or the media.

1.Everyone is conservative about what he knows best.
2.Any organization not explicitly right-wing sooner or later becomes left-wing.
3.The simplest way to explain the behavior of any bureaucratic organization is to assume that it is controlled by a cabal of its enemies.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

You pretty much summoned it all up. I'm on ATS for almost a decade but only the last years ATS'er became so MSM. That it's hard for me to see the difference anymore. It's like people want to be brainwashed. People hardly can't see what's beyond the political level. I know it's scary but this whole world is a farce in every possible way (not only the socialpolitical level)

In a way I feel that the real battle for humanity has begun. Some people might break on the cage and others might prefer to be 'chained to the rythm' not seeing reality for what it is eventually being catapulted into the endless void in the process...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Who is really being naive here?

"everything you have ever heard or seen of Trump has been carefully framed and presented by media organisations"

I've watched tons of unedited Trump speeches on YouTube. Is it the media that makes me SMH and say, "for f#s sake this guy is a lying clown" when I watch Trump's unedited speeches? Is it the media's "careful framing" when Trump says something that is objectively false?

Is "the media" whispering in his ear? Directing his fingers to compose tweets? Do they issue all of his press releases? There's anti-Trump bias but at the same time, Trump is also a liar who meanders in vague circles and says dumb, sometimes offensive s#.

I wasn't trying to make excuses for stupid things Trump says though and I wasn't trying to sway anyones opinion, but saying that you "don't need the media to tell me what to think" implies a lack of understanding of the depths of thought control the media has.

It's a dangerous mindset.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: DJW001

The liberal media has lost it and is REALLY the enemy of the state.

Spoken like a true Fascist.

The true fascist are policing language, thought and suppressing free speech with violence. We do not have a free press. We have a Democrat Party, left-wing activist press. Its purpose is not to report the truth, but advance a left-wing agenda while destroying all opposition.

The truth is that the left put all their war efforts into what (at the time) made the most sense. Control the media, control social issues, etc. The problem is...they never expected Trump. Actually...they first never expected Fox News then Trump. All their efforts, all their money, all their plans are crumbling before their eyes. Their avenues of lies falling far faster then they could erect them. Their Utopian lie knowingly leading the the transformation of the USA to a tool of their religion is dying and they are scrambling, rioting, crying and fighting tooth-and-nail to catch the falling debris.

The religion of Liberalism has been exposed, the truth exposed, the corruption exposed and the lies exposed and they have no recourse. They can't lie their way out of the exposed lies. They can't stop the truth from tearing down the foundation they built from corruption.

Think about that for a second. They aren't crying like this over not getting their way...they are exploding over this because they have lost their war to take over America and use it to spread their world-wide agenda...their NWO with them as the puppet masters. EVERYTHING THEY SOLD THEIR SOULS TO BUILD IS RIGHTFULLY FALLING!!! And what will be left is what is in the best interest of brain-dead, livestock they thought we all were. We are NOT livestock any more. We are the American citizens. We ARE the People!

Suck THAT up! GO FOX...GO TRUMP...GO AMERICA!

edit on 2/23/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The MSM is state sponsored propaganda. PERIOD. It is not a theory, it is 100% proven. This election shows us that everything people have been saying about the media being biased is 100% true. We all know that the CIA and other alphabet companies run the media.

If the media are controlled by the government, why are they being so hostile towards it?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The MSM is state sponsored propaganda. PERIOD. It is not a theory, it is 100% proven. This election shows us that everything people have been saying about the media being biased is 100% true. We all know that the CIA and other alphabet companies run the media.

If the media are controlled by the government, why are they being so hostile towards it?

Because after 8 years of Obama, the government still has elements of that agenda which still controls some of the media, leaks, etc. and the media during those 8 years became a trusted ally to the left and were allowed to function independently. The NEW government is in the process of fixing those problems. The left lost a huge battle and have been dethroned. They had prepared, expecting their reign to continue. They lost. They are in disarray and the underlying frameworks are showing through.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The NEW government is in the process of fixing those problems.

The NEW government is calling for censorship. The NEW government is ruling by decree, not legislation. The NEW government is hiring more Federal police. The NEW government is building a wall. The NEW government is authorizing a pipeline against the will of the local populace. The NEW government is threatening to send Federal troops to Chicago. The NEW government thinks that satire is treason. The NEW government is run by a man who thinks he is the State.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The wrong guy got into office, that's why. If you think our government is controlled by elected officials, think again.

I know you are a smart guy, it's about time you broke your partisan spell.

The establishment Dems and Reps are all on the same team, and they have been since at least JFK. They are on the side of the corporate and military power structures, not the side of the people.

Drop the left right nonsense, and start looking at the bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Who owns Fox?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I don't know if Trump is really the full on outsider he claims to be. At this point, I don't think it is the most important topic to discuss now.

I think the bigger picture and more important topic is that people around the world are starting to wake up in larger numbers than ever before. They are rejecting the news media propaganda, and are rejecting the celebrity programming.

I believe that we are living in a very critical time in history. Historians in the future will look back at this time period and either revel in humanity breaking it's chains, or lament the complete and total enslavement of humanity.

We need to use the Trump phenomenon to open peoples eyes wider. Help them see the larger power structure and the true motives of our controllers. We need to shine the light on the lies that we are told, and guide people closer to the truth. People are very open to this right now, and I am working every day toward bringing more people to the truth.

I do not claim to know everything, but I do know the basic facts that the world we live in is not what we are told. Let's break through the lies and work toward freedom and peace world wide!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The establishment Dems and Reps are all on the same team, and they have been since at least JFK. They are on the side of the corporate and military power structures, not the side of the people.

Not quite. There was a shared strategic vision in the decades following the end of the World War. It ended in the triumphalism at the "end" of the Cold War. Democrats try to continue the New Deal vision of benevolent government support for the citizenry, Keynesian economics, the expansion of individual rights, etc. The Republican Party has prioritized deregulation of industry, free trade, conventional mores, interventionist foreign policy, etc. This last election was confusing because the Democratic candidate advocated free trade and interventionist foreign policy, and the Republican opposed free trade and seemed to advocate isolationism. Throw in "identity politics" and you have a "perfect storm."

Drop the left right nonsense, and start looking at the bigger picture.

Trust me: I can see the bigger picture. There are forces at work trying to warp the very notion of reality.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join