It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM is desperate to influcence people against Trump.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I can't help but read that in his awesome voice lol.

Extremely prophetic words.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: frenchfries

MSM is desperate to influcence people against Trump.

I don't need any "influence" from the media or any other source. My eyes and ears tell me all I need to know about Trump.

Wow, you must have seen Trump in the flesh many times then?!? Are you a journalist?

Are you suggesting I shouldn't believe what he says to cameras? Are you suggesting the media somehow alters his speech while he is talking?

No, I'm saying the phrase -

"I don't need any "influence" from the media or any other source."

Is extremely naive considering everything you have ever heard or seen of Trump has been carefully framed and presented by media organisations.

Everything.

What about the live press conference? Did the media edit the live feed to somehow "influence" the public perception?

In mine, and many others, opinion that press conference was bat# crazy.

This isn't to say you aren't entitled to make your own opinion based on what you see of him, but you cannot deny that even unedited videos are surrounded on either side by much anti-Trump rhetoric and negativity. Presented in this way, you could make the most mundane or even positive comments appear negative.

I don't listen to what the media says about what Trump says - I listen to what Trump himself says and then form MY OWN OPINION.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Who is really being naive here?

"everything you have ever heard or seen of Trump has been carefully framed and presented by media organisations"

I've watched tons of unedited Trump speeches on YouTube. Is it the media that makes me SMH and say, "for f#s sake this guy is a lying clown" when I watch Trump's unedited speeches? Is it the media's "careful framing" when Trump says something that is objectively false?

Is "the media" whispering in his ear? Directing his fingers to compose tweets? Do they issue all of his press releases? There's anti-Trump bias but at the same time, Trump is also a liar who meanders in vague circles and says dumb, sometimes offensive s#.
edit on 2017-2-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You just articulated and elaborated my point.

You are admitting the media is feeding what the consumer wants to believe. Can you guess how the consumer came to want, what they think they want?

I say purposely divide because the media is fully aware of the inclinations yet they continue to force feed the narrative with increase fervor.

Forget all the nuances that manifest in-between this entire thing. At the end of the day, the media know exactly what they are doing and it's clearly keeping the division alive. I'm not sure how anybody can even disagree with this sentiment.

edit on 22-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA:

1. Is Still mad because they'll never see the under-the-table and back-door FAVORS that Hillary promised them.

2. Wants to derail President Trump before his successes start piling up, and too many people prosper.

3. Knows that if #2 is fulfilled, GAME OVER. They won't have another shot at their own personal Santa Hillary Claus until AT LEAST 2024. By then, most of them will be in a mental institution, or worse.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: frenchfries

THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA:

1. Is Still mad because they'll never see the under-the-table and back-door FAVORS that Hillary promised them.

2. Wants to derail President Trump before his successes start piling up, and too many people prosper.

3. Knows that if #2 is fulfilled, GAME OVER. They won't have another shot at their own personal Santa Hillary Claus until AT LEAST 2024. By then, most of them will be in a mental institution, or worse.

1. Got any proof?

2. Can you name some likely "successes" you think Trump will bring?

3. Do you seriously think Hillary Clinton is going to run a third time?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Damn, the Liberals sure want to start conditioning people young. How young, make sure the binky has a picture of Hillary on it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's probably true, though not necessarily the topic of conversation. The right-wing media is small fries in comparison to the one under discussion.

The Right Wing media machine is a power house. They have their viewers concentrated on to one massive TV channel, Fox, and they dominate the radio with their content.

Right-wing news and conservative think-tanks are generally more honest that they are conservative and on the right.

With the exception of Fox, I can agree with that. The Right Wing think tanks also admit to paying Right Wing talking heads to disseminate their propaganda.

If the left wing media stated they were left-wing and liberal, we probably wouldn't be talking about them as much. Instead they pretend they are fair and unbiased journalism, even though most of them endorsed a certain candidate.

It's tough to define Left Wing media. Any outlet that is not Right Wing is considered Leftist.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Damn, the Liberals sure want to start conditioning people young. How young, make sure the binky has a picture of Hillary on it.

Jesus Camp

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Trump needs to send in the police! Crack some heads and arrest these traitores to the USA!

Arrest them and throw them in prison!

They can not be allowed to disrespect our great comander in chief!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmericanPatriot
Trump needs to send in the police! Crack some heads and arrest these traitores to the USA!

Greetings freshly-minted ATS member!

Throw-away account, is it?

Still, I'd like to hear how that doesn't make Mr. Trump a dictator, trampling the Constitution beneath his Prada-clad heel.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

If you're friend committed murder and you knew about it. Would you consider him innocent until proven guilty?

What buzzwords have I been using? Fake news? Lol

Sheesh, KH, you were doing great and then you got it WRONG. That should be, "Very Fake News."

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: DJW001

Says the people who shut down free speech.

US media is not free speech it is weponised information. This is not about journalism its about corporations having vested political interests.

This is ATS you should be asking yourself who are these organisations, who runs them and what are there motives..

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

US media is not free speech it is weponised information.

RIGHT ! not only us media i see the same drivel in my own country. Kids smearing trump by RTL4 (dutch channel). Cant post the link though It's like it's a coordinated effort by the msm. Next week it's Granny's smearing Trump I guess or whatever crap they can make up. Poor president , MSM has lost it completely ! In my opinion MSM is really the enemy of the USA , that also means the enemy of the democrats and liberals... they divide the country with propaganda fakenews and innuendo.
edit on 2222017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: DJW001

Says the people who shut down free speech.

US media is not free speech it is weponised information.

Can you provide a specific, concrete example or two of what you mean?

Thank you kindly.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmericanPatriot

Dude, you know you are liberal so please stop acting like you are some conservative that's all in favor of president Trump, so please stop embarrassing yourself you are not fooling anyone.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

... well, they are echoing the words of David Clarke and Stephen Miller ...

Are you sure they're liberal, because, you know, some Trump admirers do feel this way ...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm sure they are very far left and in my opinion it's pretty obvious, I think you know this to be true.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
No Trump is desperate to influence the media. The media just tells the truth, Trump lies. If you haven't caught him lying yet, your head is in the ground.

yeah about that iraq war II and all those WMD's Saddam had....

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For what it's worth.. not every negative story from MSM about Trump is MSM trying to bias the American citizen against him. Many times it's simply news.. true.. and not their fault he gives so much ammo for these stories. While I don't doubt the MSM will do what they can to promote their own agendas, assuming all negative press about Trump is a plan to dislodge him is ridiculous.

Trump does do idiotic things. Thus much of the press.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join