It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovakian Woman burned Koran - Many more burned in Czech Republic after her arrest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi all,

I didnt see a thread about this information but here are a few articles about it:

metro.co.uk...

www.dailystar.co.uk...

She is facing 6 years in prison according to the info.
She was taken in by a LOT of police officers (The amount you would expect when you are hunting down a serial killer).

This arrest started MORE burning of Koran in many cities in Czech Republic:
Here is a link to an article, but it is only in Czech, because no other media reports it(lots of videos here):

freedomeurope.eu...

Czechs are mostly atheists, so they feel the same way about burning the bible as they do with Koran.

My take on the girl?
The girl needs serious counseling, since it is obvious from the video and the way she talks, that she has issues. Being raped at the age of 14 probably had a huge part in shaping her views of people. Must have been a terrible experience.

My take on reliqions and todays situation:
I myself met many nice muslims during my travels (I've been to 33 countries worldwide), also have a few friends.
There is one thing I did notice. When you start questioning a Christian about religion, they get pissed off when you catch them with a tricky question and stop talking to you. When I start questioning a Muslim, the conversation gets agressive. I now try to avoid conversations about Islam. Best are Budhist - always peaceful. I dont practice any religion, but I do study all the religions that exist to try and understand them. I am not an atheist, agnostic, I'm more of a live and let live type. I've been into studying religion for about 10 years. My moms uncle who lived 88 years, was single all his life and all he did was study the bible since he was 14 years old. He read the bible in 4 languages probably more than 100 times. We never talked until I met him around 1 month before he died. We talked for about 2-3 hours and he was suprised about me being interested in religions and the knowledge I had at the time about religions. His conclusion from 74 years of studying the Bible and other religios texts was: "Religion is B*LLSH*T". To what I replied: "I know". And he said, "I wish I knew that at your age - would have lived a different life".

So to everyone out there: why not just live following 1 simple commandment:
Dont be an asshole - live and let live. (Oh and stop following books that were written in a different timeline - you live TODAY - adapt
)

Regards,
exponencial
edit on 22-2-2017 by exponencial because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: exponencial
Hi all,

I didnt see a thread about this information but here are a few articles about it:

metro.co.uk...

www.dailystar.co.uk...

She is facing 6 years in prison according to the info.
She was taken in by a LOT of police officers (The amount you would expect when you are hunting down a serial killer).

This arrest started MORE burning of Koran in many cities in Czech Republic:
Here is a link to an article, but it is only in Czech, because no other media reports it(lots of videos here):

freedomeurope.eu...

Czechs are mostly atheists, so they feel the same way about burning the bible as they do with Koran.

My take on the girl?
The girl needs serious counseling, since it is obvious from the video and the way she talks, that she has issues. Being raped at the age of 14 probably had a huge part in shaping her views of people. Must have been a terrible experience.

My take on reliqions and todays situation:
I myself met many nice muslims during my travels (I've been to 33 countries worldwide), also have a few friends.
There is one thing I did notice. When you start questioning a Christian about religion, they get pissed off when you catch them with a tricky question and stop talking to you. When I start questioning a Muslim, the conversation gets agressive. I now try to avoid conversations about Islam. Best are Budhist - always peaceful. I dont practice any religion, but I do study all the religions that exist to try and understand them. I am not an atheist, agnostic, I'm more of a live and let live type. I've been into studying religion for about 10 years. My moms uncle who lived 88 years, was single all his life and all he did was study the bible since he was 14 years old. He read the bible in 4 languages probably more than 100 times. We never talked until I met him around 1 month before he died. We talked for about 2-3 hours and he was suprised about me being interested in religions and the knowledge I had at the time about religions. His conclusion from 74 years of studying the Bible and other religios texts was: "Religion is B*LLSH*T". To what I replied: "I know". And he said, "I wish I knew that at your age - would have lived a different life".

So to everyone out there: why not just live following 1 simple commandment:
Dont be an asshole - live and let live. (Oh and stop following books that were written in a different timeline - you live TODAY - adapt
)

Regards,
exponencial

Sorry, but God is alive and well, if not dissapointed and saddened by humanity.

He will not cease to exist because you do not believe in His existance. He has no need of your worship to know He is appreciated and worshipped by many.

Just my take on God, for what it's worth.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
They should give her a medal instead of arresting her for doing a public service .

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Oops double post

edit on 22-2-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Christians can normally not handle the Paul taught vs Yeshua taught and become very annoyed when you point out the difference.

Muslim do not seem to handle the fruits of Muhammad well and Muhammad have to be a good knowing person or the whole house of cards fall apart. I do like Rumi. Seems the Muslim did get their own "Buddha" but would not listen.

Buddhism is non dualistic and have the karma mirror in the end giving you what you deserve. The can coexist with others if they can coexist with them.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: exponencial

Seems like this woman has been broken from being raped . Not sure why this is a thread .

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

You like numbers don't you? It's almost like magic
edit on 2017222 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Where in the above post do I mention any god?

Here, let me help you:
www.readingbear.org...
www.k5learning.com...

After you go through there, come back and we can discuss

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Why is it a thread?

Burning of Koran in 5-6 different places is not newsworthy? No other sources online. This could actually become a trend and the unrest could grow even more. I think that is something people would be interested in. I thought this site is here to inform about things MSM doesnt inform about...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Upvoted this thread only because the woman needs some support. Why on earth are people not allowed to burn the koran?

I'd burn any holy book and not bat an eyelid. However I have not done so for the simple reason that I personally find holy books to be nothing special.
Let me rephrase that. Any holy book is just like any other uninteresting book to me. Therefore not worthy to go through the whole kerfaffel of setting fire to it. In the same way the Daily Fail is so unimportant that setting fire to it would be too much work for nothing.

Yes there are people who really like, need their holy books, I understand that. I understand that because I have some stuffed Teddies that have sentimental value and I would really get angry if anyone would destroy them.

However I'd like to hammer home to those that are in effect obsessed with the importance of their paper representations of their god [remember it is NOT their god, otherwise their god would not have existed before printing was invented], that other people DON'T value those books in the same way.

I know that especially muslims would love to forcefully make me appreciate their book but I don't. It means nothing to me apart from a very old tale of very old stories and values. Interesting only for it's insight into a more primitive time, a time we have moved on from.

I also understand that by destroying a book they like [like my Teddies], it can be construed as a personal insult.
And therein lies the crux. It probably IS a personal insult to muslims, when someone burns their book!

So yeah, I can understand that they get miffed but I also understand that us non muslims have not much else left to critizise islam.

We are not allowed to say anything bad - or muslims get angry, we get arrested.
We are not allowed to do satire - or muslims get very angry and kill us.
We are not allowed to write anything bad - or muslims get angry.
We are not allowed to say anything to their faces - or we get arrested - and muslims get angry.
We are not allowed to paint anything bad - or muslims get anry and/ or kill us.
We are not allowed to do critical theatre - or muslims get angry.
We can't give anti islamic speeches - or all hell would break lose - and muslims would get angry and we would get arrested.

The fact is that not everyone likes islam!
Is there a law yet that states we all have to like islam?
Most people have actual reasons for their opinion. Maybe they don't want islam in their country [as islam has a sneaky way of taking over]. Maybe they don't like the oldfashioned views, maybe they don't like religion at all.

So what's left, that we can do to show our disdain? Damn, I show my disdain all the time for x-tianity and nobody gets angry. Seriously, what's left?
Burning their book is a strong message of "I dislike this £^%$" and the beauty is that nobody is getting hurt physically.

But I am digressing. If you burn a holy book, you are insulting people, you are basically asking for attention.
In a normal, civilised society, this should open up discussions and questions as to why the action was made.
You know, when young kids do something out of the ordinary, you may want to find out WHY they do that, as there may be a deeper reason [and maybe they have a point] and they are naughty because there is no other way for them to show their frustration.

However when adults burn someone's precious holy books, nobody ever asks why. Instead these people are chastised, incarcerated, hated and sometimes killed.

That is what everyone gets wrong. Nothing is done just for the lolz. Ask them WHY, and you might learn something.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
this is just mental.
yeah what she did was in poor taste, whatever, but it's just a book. a copy of a copy of millions of copies, all made in some factory, a mass produced object identical to any mass produced object.
i would almost understand if she destroyed some one of a kind document that was thousands of years old, but gimme a break.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It seems that the legal issue here is the following.

Szmerekova is accused of creating extremist promotional materials, defamation of a nation and race and incitement of national, racial or ethnic hatred.

So, regardless of her religious or non-religious beliefs, it is about her video inciting hatred against a racial, ethnic or national group of people. I didn't watch the video or find out exactly what she said in it, but if she was hating on Islam, that is a religion that encompasses many national and ethnic groups. It would make more sense if see was threatening the Romani people in particular.

Perhaps if she hadn't threatened anyone while she did her video she wouldn't be facing any charges, but somehow I think they would have charged her anyway. At the very least they could have got her for peeing in public, something that can cost you $500 in my neck of the woods. Around here, if a guy gets caught peeing in public they could face charges of exposing himself, and get a CSC conviction for it too.

Czech religious beliefs . . .

Roman Catholics 46%, Evangelical Lutheran 5.3%, Atheist 30%, n/a 17%

She may have been an atheist or "other", it's hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised to know she was raised Catholic. Apparently the Romani adopt the dominant religion of the country they live in, however the ones who raped her may have been Muslims.

The ancestors of modern-day Romani people were previously Hindu, but adopted Christianity or Islam depending on their respective regions they had migrated through

Here in the States, burning a Quran, or a Bible, or a flag, shouldn't be considered anything more than exercising your right to free speech, however, there will probably be consequences if you do it. Otherwise, this isn't about anyone's religious beliefs or lack there of, or trying to prove who's right about there beliefs concerning religion, it's about how this girl is treated for her acting out in public and then posting a video of it. It more about hate speech and inciting violence against a specific group of people then anything to do with a religion.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
6 years for burning a book?
Something stinks when the justice system is that messed up.
She'd have got less time if she was a rapist.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Szmerekova is accused of creating extremist promotional materials, defamation of a nation and race and incitement of national, racial or ethnic hatred.

That's messed up. I don't get it. The Slovakian government has issued laws against Islam themselves.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

From the express article you posted

She then threatens to “hunt down” and “bump off” Muslims in “her country” – calling them “parasites”.

I could be wrong but im sure this would be why she was arrested, a quick search and this is not the first time they have burned a koran there, according to this article they planned a burn with approval no less

Czech opponents of Islam burnt pages of Quran before the local mosque at a permitted public rally called by the Martin Konvicka Initiative group Tuesday, Petr Stika, secretary of the local town hall who watched the event along with the police,

So im assuming its not illegal to burn a holy book there, could be wrong but at a glance .

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Why on earth are people not allowed to burn the koran?

Apparently they are, however young lady kind of went on to say she was going to hunt down and kill muslims in her country, i am pretty sure that is illegal.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

From the express article you posted

She then threatens to “hunt down” and “bump off” Muslims in “her country” – calling them “parasites”.

I could be wrong but im sure this would be why she was arrested, a quick search and this is not the first time they have burned a koran there, according to this article they planned a burn with approval no less

Czech opponents of Islam burnt pages of Quran before the local mosque at a permitted public rally called by the Martin Konvicka Initiative group Tuesday, Petr Stika, secretary of the local town hall who watched the event along with the police,

So im assuming its not illegal to burn a holy book there, could be wrong but at a glance .

Makes a bit more sense, that.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Sorry, but why would you do or say something to offend people’s belief..? You however may get smart arse and say their belief offending me, my answer would be like “you and alike are too arrogant to take any and everything personally”.

Ease up a bit and let go….

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

She is not being accused of making violent threats though.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Sorry, but God is alive and well, if not dissapointed and saddened by humanity.

He will not cease to exist because you do not believe in His existance. He has no need of your worship to know He is appreciated and worshipped by many.

Just my take on God, for what it's worth.

You don't even exist. Unless you have a book that tells me you do.

ha

top topics

<<   2 >>

join