It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Majority concerned about Trump administration's relationship with Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe you think either Trump or Putin are total dimwits and would commit suicide by pushing the button.

Dude, you really gotta do more research.

In keeping with the security concept it is intended to complement, the new doctrine appears to lower the threshold for Russia's use of nuclear weapons below what was stated in the national security concept that was issued in 1997. Whereas the 1997 concept allowed the first use of nuclear arms only "in case of a threat to the existence of the Russian Federation," the new doctrine allows nuclear weapons use "in response to large-scale aggression utilizing conventional weapons in situations critical to the national security of the Russian Federation."

source

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Vector99

Well, 19 replies in [ counting mine ] and it certainly looks like you're right.

The question that he asked me ("I know you will not answer this, but what exactly is wrong with getting along with Russia?") is a red herring.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

The question that he asked me ("I know you will not answer this, but what exactly is wrong with getting along with Russia?") is a red herring.

OMG YOU REPLIED!

No, it was a legit question. Elaborate.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

OMG YOU REPLIED!

Getting along with Russia is a separate issue from whether the Trump administration did anything unethical or illegal about it. They are completely different issues.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It still deserves stars and flags, its a good post regardless of our political standings. Im a massive Trump fan because he broke the glass ceiling, but it has divided everyone on here.

Its a dangerous time for you guys over there, I think if they're ties with Trump and Russia it could force you into a civil war, its already a war on words and information.
edit on 22-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Mind you not quite as good as the Clinton, Podesta, Russia relationship where they are all in bed together cuz that's just ugly!

That must be some kinky sex.

Taking their money and then not even putting out, just blaming them for all your failures.

Weirdos.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

OMG YOU REPLIED!

Getting along with Russia is a separate issue from whether the Trump administration did anything unethical or illegal about it. They are completely different issues.

I didn't ask that now did I. I simply asked what is wrong with getting along with Russia. YOU ASSumed it was political, well it wasn't.

So politics aside, what is wrong with getting along with Russia?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

How odd, they don't even link the poll (at least that I could find in a quick search). Probably oversampled dems and undersampled independents and republicans.

No one I know cares about the russia peddling. There was one guy I worked with that objected but he thought it was more a procedural blunder than anything sinister.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Profusion

I am more concerned about avoiding war with Russia....especially the nuclear kind.

lame cop out reply. LOL.

putin is one of the richest men in the world on a $100,000 salary. his kids are BILLIONAIRES. how do you explain that?

the rich will get richer and you all are fools.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I wish I could find the conversation I heard on CNN, or even remember who it was.

There was a fellow talking about the media bitching about Russia, and how Trump is way too friendly, could cause him to try to prove that he's not friends with them.

If Trump has to eventually "prove" to the people of the US, that he really thinks that Russia is an enemy of America, he may go to drastic lengths to prove that.
That could end very badly.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So, is this poll as accurate or more accurate than the hundreds of polls that showed Hillary would overwhelmingly win the majority of electoral college votes? Because it's just about as believable.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Personally, I'm not concerned. If we go back far enough, Russians and Americans share the very same ancestors about only a few thousand years ago. Technically, every American is related to every Russian by descent.

Russia is a super power. Though it has a small population, a bit more than Japan, Russia has incredible military hardware. Tu-22M3, Tu-95MS, Tu-160, Mi-28N, Su-35S, Ka-52, Kilo subs, Yasen subs, Borey subs, Admiral Gorshkov frigates, Su-34, Su-30SM, MiG-35, T-14, AK-12.

It is better America and Russia have a good relation rather than bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

No dude. You need to learn what MAD means.

I don't care what "new doctrine" they claim.

Unless they are idiots they will not use the nuclear option.

Why you ask. Because if they do they die. It doesn't matter who strikes first or last because everyone dies. Humanity cannot survive a nuclear war. The only thing our and their nuclear weapons are good for is keeping the other afraid.

Russia is only posturing. It is a bluff and the president and his lackey fools are flinching.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Mind you not quite as good as the Clinton, Podesta, Russia relationship where they are all in bed together cuz that's just ugly!

That must be some kinky sex.

Weirdos.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join