It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building the UFO Cam Network ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Capturing anomalies in the infrared. The UFO Cam project is a network of wireless and completely autonomous motion detection cameras pointed at the sky.

A mysterious world of ufos and unknown anomalies lie just outside our visible spectrum. Invisible to the naked eye these entities reside in the infrared and ultraviolet ranges of light.

These anomalies , or ufo’s, traverse our skies every day. And most people never notice. Let’s get a closer look at these incredible objects and study for ourselves, if they showcase intelligence, if so are they communicating, and what their purpose or origin is.

Let’s get a closer look , appreciate and begin to understand this hidden world all around us.

- The Camera's.
The purpose of the camera is to deploy a fully independent , autonomous motion detection application that can capture anomalies at any given location and simultaneously upload them to our public feed at www.ufocamnet.com...

Rather than concluding with immediate conjecture, each capture is met with scrutiny and research to rule out any possibility of natural occurrences or human interference in the surrounding environment.

Our objective is to deploy a public and scientific study on these anomalies with participation from a community of researchers, scientists, UFO enthusiasts and individuals who simply want to participate and learn more about these subjects.

edit on 22-2-2017 by STech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Will be following this thread to see where it goes.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Thank God. A thread that doesn't consist of Americans slinging mud at each other over which is the bigger idiot in their politics.

Great OP. Will be watching this one. Thanks for the topic!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: STech

You do know there is a whole fireball camera network covering parts of the US?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
For 10 million dollars ill design and build 10 camera's which will record in infrared be solar powered and stream to the web accessible only through a subscription based ap which I will also design in as close to real time as possible. But I will launch them into space and establish orbit around the Earth...
I will incorporate sensors which trigger alerts to activity and log the events so that they can be replayed from a recorded database so you never miss a thing...

edit on 22-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Build a kickstarter, see what happens

Interesting idea op, hope the quality is high enough. Perhaps future models could have other cams, one in the visible spectrum and another with UV filter triggered at the same time to help identify objects/corroborate data.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Nice I had a similar Idea of having auto cameras to track UFO's.

I am glad that someone in putting the idea into practice.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Build a kickstarter, see what happens

Interesting idea op, hope the quality is high enough. Perhaps future models could have other cams, one in the visible spectrum and another with UV filter triggered at the same time to help identify objects/corroborate data.

Thanks .. In model 2.0 I actually plan to incorporate several cameras into a single application. UV, IR and normal visible spectrum. The current quality is fare enough for now , but what i'd like to do is up the megapixles and get this up to true 10804K with high telephoto zoom lens which will automatically lock onto a moving object picked up by the sensors and zoom in to obtain the highest quality video capture picture. It's not difficult to implement from a technical/programming standpoint, but the parts (specifically the high telephoto lens) get pretty costly which is why a quickstarter is a great idea.... Then of course there's the probability of the camera locking onto airplanes passing overhead, which could be prevented by programming the computer to only recognize isolated fluctuations of light and track that across X amount of changes in pixel's across a steady image to determine motion recognition. Since the majority of these anomalies appear to be in light form , for whatever reason , it enables us to isolate a point of reference with the surrounding sky.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

You do know there is a whole fireball camera network covering parts of the US?

fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov...

Yeah it's a pretty cool system. Similar concept but different research. I'd actually like to replicate their design, in a way that's cost-effective as possible. A larger cylinder base verses a tripod gives more room to house computer equipment and other related components specific to wireless RF amplification and battery power.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This camera network along with this crowed funded ufo hunting cube sat would be great.

What our project aims to do, is to use a low orbit satellite, controlled by us individuals, to study potential objects that emit high energy radiation. Maybe we'll get data readings and pictures of solar-flare caused auroras. Maybe we'll capture images of some very interesting meteors. And maybe we'll actually capture a verifiable craft. All we can do is try, and by doing this our way, we can open-source the data to you, the individuals.

CUBE SAT 4 DISCLOSURE

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Thank you, STech,

As far as I can tell, it appears that this message thread becomes the home page for cloud.ufocamnet.com:8787...
Attempting to go to the domain's home page, cloud.ufocamnet.com...
returns this error:

ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE

Is there any plan to provide a structure for the ufocamnet website (about, contact, details, donate, forum, etc)?
Or, do you think your website should be integrated into the MUFON website?

Next question, if I may ..... Is there, or will there be, discriminator software to take care of motion triggered by weather or civil aviation aircraft?

Thanks much

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa

Thank you, STech,

As far as I can tell, it appears that this message thread becomes the home page for cloud.ufocamnet.com:8787...
Attempting to go to the domain's home page, cloud.ufocamnet.com...
returns this error:

ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE

Is there any plan to provide a structure for the ufocamnet website (about, contact, details, donate, forum, etc)?
Or, do you think your website should be integrated into the MUFON website?

Next question, if I may ..... Is there, or will there be, discriminator software to take care of motion triggered by weather or civil aviation aircraft?

Thanks much

Thanks , the primary domain name, UfoCamNet.com is redirecting to the backend server at cloud.ufocamnet.com:8787 which is colocated at a different location. However the url, cloud.ufocamnet.com... will not take you anywhere. The backend server is behind port 8787
Until www.ufocamnet.com fully propagates , you'll need to access cloud.ufocamnet.com:8787... to see the capture feed and site. Although there are more revisions underway.

You actually raise a great question with discriminator software to take care of motion triggered by aircraft. This is something i've thought about on several levels.
One solution could be to detect brighter pixels in a given image by comparing those with the rest of the image data to see if they are isolated events in the sky. Since we're looking for anomalies that discharge light, or showcase movement in the form of light (based on what we've already captured) , we can limit our scope to tracking only isolated pixel changes that match a hexadecimal values contrast to surrounding pixels. Then calculate image resolution to collaborate movement sensitivity to enable a motion detection sequence.

For instance we can convert an RGB color space into an array of HEX values. If pointed at the sky during the day , those HEX values are going to be similar to or within a familiar range of "b3d9ff", "87c2ff", "bfdfff", "4fa6ff" .. If we're capturing at night then we can almost always convert the RGB color space to HEX value of "000000".

To figure out if we're detecting an anomaly in the IR spectrum , we can compare RGB pixel changes to contrasting HEX values such as , "ffffff" , "f2f2f2", "ff0000" , or high whites, reds, or flat whites. Then initiate a motion capture sequence only within those parameters since these anomalies are likely to appear within this color spectrum.

That's just an example. But keep in mind we don't quiet know everything about these anomalies nor have a complete assessment of the variety of shapes, colors or structures they take form.... So perhaps capturing aircraft, birds or flying bugs in early stages of data might be worth the extra work in order to gather a better assessment and narrow down exactly what we're targeting..

top topics

join