It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trangender Bathroom and Locker Room Useage at Public Schools - New Federal Guidelines.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: TheBulk

Being a cat isn't a thing. You know it isn't. Gender dysphoria is. It is an actual thing, caused prenatally. There is zero reason to attempt to change the brain into thinking something is wrong when the body can more easily and safely be corrected.

Stop with the tired lame cat analogies. Jesus, grow up people.

And in a couple years you'll be called a bigot for this post.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: queenofswords
Something is happening to people.....physically, mentally, emotionally, and I will even say spiritually.

I blame the Internet. (and global warming!)

originally posted by: TheBulk
... A man is not a woman and vice versa no matter how much surgery and hormones you synthetically pump yourself with.

"Man" and "woman" are descriptive of gender roles and expression. What's hormones and surgery got to do with that?

That chick who thinks she's a cat, is not a cat. It's a mental illness.

What a tired and lame weakly sauced argument undeserving of a response. Sorry.

You won't respond because you can't. A woman is not a cat just like a man is not a woman, and a woman is not a man. These are not made up descriptions. They describe the two sexes. You are a great example of why I resist. From my perspective you seem completely disconnected from reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Being a cat isn't a thing. You know it isn't. Gender dysphoria is. It is an actual thing, caused prenatally. There is zero reason to attempt to change the brain into thinking something is wrong when the body can more easily and safely be corrected.

Stop with the tired lame cat analogies. Jesus, grow up people.

And in a couple years you'll be called a bigot for this post.

Nope. Because gender dysphoria has always been a thing. Being a cat person has never been a thing.

Not the same. Don't do this, you know you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You won't respond because you can't. You are a great example of why I resist. From my perspective you seem completely disconnected from reality.

It's not that I can't it's because I refuse to stoop to your level of reasoning and by choice, I'd prefer to be disconnected from your version of reality because I can tell it is close-minded and small. Resist away, it only shortens your life and ruins your happiness.

...a man is not a woman, and a woman is not a man. These are not made up descriptions. They describe the two sexes.

You seem to have a problem keeping up with language? Man and woman may describe certain aspects, stereotypical societal roles or attributes of a person but male and female are the words to describe the two sexes. Man is not a sex. True, most men are male but not all of them.

If you lost your male bits to cancer and were prescribed estrogen to protect your prostate, wouldn't you still be a man? Is being "a man" more than the sum of your parts? You are who you are because your reality tells you who you are which is reinforced by the world around you. You seem to be lacking the capacity for deeper thinking or philosophical discussion on this subject other than to share your not quite up to speed opinions which you're perfectly within your right to do but it casts a poor reflection.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

A person's sex is either male or female. Regardless of whether their sex is male or female, they are still human. A person could never be a cat because a person is a human. So while the brain may tell someone they are female, their physical parts may be male - still human though. Cat or any other animal is never part of the equation.

There are many, many health care professionals and medical researchers who understand the difference between someone with gender dysphoria and someone who thinks they are something other than human. You are not a health care professional nor are you a medical researcher who has studied gender dysphoria. So with respect, I say that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Human or not, a man will never be a woman. It's impossible. A female will never be a man, it's impossible. In fact it's just as impossible as a human wanting to be a cat. They are equally impossible.

I don't have to be a healthcare professional to know there are major differences between males and females. Just because you think you are a female, if you have a penis, no ovaries and One X chromosome, you are undeniably a male and will never ever be a female.

This is reality. However I have no doubt that for it the trans people it is real for them to think they are male or female. I'm fine with that, just stop trying to force the rest of us to take part in the delusion. Stop imposing on the vast majority of people.

edit on 22-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It might have been mentioned but can I offer a solution?

Single stalls fit for one person. Urinals can just go and we can all put this $hite behind us, literally.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Single stalls fit for one person. Urinals can just go and we can all put this $hite behind us, literally.

They don't want solutions. They want a weapon. The left will never ever find solutions to their never-ending list of problems.

edit on 22-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

You may never have the chromosomes of a female, but your brain may be telling you something different, hence the dysphoria part. There are no magic psych pills or magic therapy sessions that will make the dysphoria go away. The only thing that the professionals have found that relieves the dysphoria is to encourage the person to live their life as the gender their brain tells them they are. That may include such elements as hormones or sexual reassignment surgery or other types of surgical procedures as desired.

They are still learning about this condition, but more and more research is pointing to a neurological or physiological cause - NOT a psychiatric disorder. The wires are getting crossed somewhere between how the brain develops and how the body develops.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Perfect solution! Why do urinals exist anyway? But then, wouldn't the men's bathroom have really long lines, like the women's bathroom at concerts, sporting events, etc..?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Perfect solution! Why do urinals exist anyway? But then, wouldn't the men's bathroom have really long lines, like the women's bathroom at concerts, sporting events, etc..?

All stalls = all lines created equal!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm surprised a discrimination lawyer hasn't brought this subject before the courts yet. We men shouldn't have the advantage of a urinal, should we!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

edit on 2/22/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

A woman is not a cat just like a man is not a woman, and a woman is not a man.

Apple and oranges.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why do urinals exist anyway?

Poor aim.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Human or not, a man will never be a woman. It's impossible. A female will never be a man, it's impossible.

See, you're in way over your head here and can't even keep the terminology straight. In one sentence you compare men and women. That's fair, neither are sexes. In the next you compare female sex to men and men is not a biological sex classification.

I don't have to be a healthcare professional to know there are major differences between males and females. Just because you think you are a female, if you have a penis, no ovaries and One X chromosome, you are undeniably a male and will never ever be a female.

Even the International Olympic Committee doesn't use chromosome count to determine sex and hasn't in years. Believe it or not, beyond your 7th grade health class level of understanding, it's more complicated than that and there are millions and millions of people that by birth don't genetically or anatomically fit into your rigidly prescribed category structure.

However I have no doubt that for it the trans people it is real for them to think they are male or female. I'm fine with that, just stop trying to force the rest of us to take part in the delusion.

It is probably a waste of time but let me put myself out there on the remote chance you might actually learn something about sex and gender...

I have absolutely no doubts or "delusions" otherwise as to the fact that I was born male bodied. I will always have XY chromosomes and when they dig up my bones a hundred years from now etc., they will determine my body was male. You're right, it is impossible to change biology at that level but so efffing what? You or anyone would be very hard pressed and completely mistaken to say however that I was not a woman because that's how others see me, how I've lived nearly an entire lifetime and that's what I know myself as and have since I was old enough to know there was a difference.

We've previously talked about "parts" and even though I do have a vagina, grown breasts, curves, smooth skin and a soft voice (and an ex-husband), these things alone do not make me a woman. It is my lens on the world and of myself that do. It is the bonds and shared experiences with other women of being women, it is the feedback and interactions with those around me and those I've been intimate with, it is the life I have led and what I know myself to be that make me a woman. As in my previous analogy, what makes you a man is more complex than just having a penis.

Born male or not, I've never known what it was like to be or feel like or consider myself to be a normal boy or fit into the role or personality dictated by my anatomy. The medical and scientific community have come up with the term gender dysphoria to try to put this into words to explain it to themselves and to others but this definition falls far short from the experience which is far more esoteric in nature and fundamentally core to one's experience of life. Regardless of my birth sex, I grew up to be a girl in heart, nature, personality and mind. This dichotomy of the spirit and the flesh drove me to change the things I could control and by my mid-teens, my outward appearance, presentation and the perceptions of others began to more closely align with my inner awareness of self. At 18, any false pretenses were completely abandoned along with the name given to me by my parents and the pronouns given to me by societies rules.

It is through hormones and surgery that my body was made female in the ways that matter to me. Strip me naked and have a good look and you'll be able to confirm by outward appearance and for all intents and purposes except menstruation and gestation, that I am as female as well. Have I deluded myself to think that I'm actually genetically female and was born this way? No, I'm a realist and when it comes right down to it, more of a female oriented hybrid physically but you're going to need a microscope and a laboratory to know that. I know the pain and expense of what I put my male body through to be livable in and I will always know that but I was never a boy and I've certainly never been a man in any regards. So yeah, I was born male and have some invisible male genetic markers that don't matter to me but I grew up to be a girl and have lived the last 44 years, my entire adult life as a woman and only a fool or an idiot would say I was something else. I've written all this here not to defend who I am or force anyone to believe anything but it does demonstrate your view of the world around you is rather narrow and limited.

How does this fit into your prescribed schema of the immutable way things are supposed in your mind's eye? I know exactly who and what I am, where I've been and how I got here. Not a hell of a lot of delusion involved. I wish. It would have made things a lot easier.

"Impossible" things are not as unpossible as you think they are. I'm living proof of that.

Augie, I'll be disappointed if you don't leave a smartass comment. I'd love to meet the guy that writes your material. He cracks me up!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So apparently there was some in house fighting on this issue on the hill. It would seem Betsy Devo's is opposed to rescinding the protections but was forced to go along or resign. We now have a dictator in chief who has no respect for the checks and balances of our democratic republic. Dare go against the orange one and you will lose your job. Thanks Jeff Sessions you ignorant piece of hillbilly trash.

WASHINGTON — A fight over a draft order that would rescind protections for transgender students in public schools has erupted inside the Trump administration, pitting Attorney General Jeff Sessions against the secretary of education, Betsy DeVos.

Ms. DeVos initially resisted signing off on the order and told President Trump that she was uncomfortable with it, according to three Republicans with direct knowledge of the internal discussions. The order would reverse the directives put in place last year by the Obama administration to allow transgender students to use the bathrooms of their choice.

Mr. Sessions, who strongly opposes expanding gay, lesbian and transgender rights, fought Ms. DeVos on the issue and pressed her to relent because he could not go forward without her consent. The order must come from the Justice and Education Departments.

Link to article

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
So you're going to say we have a dictator and Sessions is a hillbilly because some unknown people said some unverified things... Who told the New York Times, the owner of the story MSN is regurgitating?

"Three Republicans with direct knowledge of the internal discussions".

Not three people in the room or three people with transcripts of the meeting or even three people with names... Later the article uses "one person with direct knowledge of the process" as a source... The article doesn't even state they spoke on the condition of anonymity, they just refused to give us names.

You're willing to take a stance on our government based on unnamed sources that aren't even listed as being part of the conversation or even in the room? Do you regularly make decisions about how you see reality around you based on the words of unknown people that could very well be total fabrications?

If you think the states are going to do wrong then get involved with your local and state government.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Is there any actual call for real legislation on this issue? Or are those in favor of the former "guidelines"(put forward by the doe and doj) actually ok with unelected government officials making new "interpretations" of established law then forcing compliance by threatening to withhold federal funds?
As many pages of content that this issue has generated surely there has to be people trying to get legislation passed that deals with this very narrow issue?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why we can't just allow people to go where they feel most comfortable is beyond me.

We don't need federal laws, we don't need state laws.

We need common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join