It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trangender Bathroom and Locker Room Useage at Public Schools - New Federal Guidelines.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Praying with all my heart that equality comes.
Thanks for including me.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You're such a sad and little man but I won't waste any more time on for you this thread. You obviously have enough of your own problems.

You do also realize the American College of Pediatrics is a pseudo science hate group lead by the widely discredited Paul McHugh? Much like Godwin's Law and Hitler, when you introduce McHugh into a conversation, you've already lost.

I don't even have to say more, people see clearly what you are.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
And at the end of the day, all gender is a performance.

Yes, it is a show.

The funny thing is, men perform masculinity for other men.
We're socialized into it.
Most of our workouts and stuff we do is not really for women (sorry babes).
We wanna be with the guys.
And that's also very problematic, considering men's fitness magazines.
It can lead to eating disorders and body dysmorphia.

So, trans people are not the only people with "gender" issues.
Just others aren't really invited to interrogate them - until you drop down dead.

Not to divert.
Just saying - if you're struggling, don't give up.
edit on 25-2-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The point is, these people need counseling, not enabling. We aren't going to agree on that point, I know. At least you post with information, and courtesy, which is much needed in these discussions! Disagreeing, though, you and I will see. I see this as a mental issue, that needs treatment. Someone is male or female, with very rare exceptions, and the people believing they are something else are denying their own biology.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

All the more reason to have sensible laws.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Do you really think people undertake medical transition without counseling and therapy? Trust me, they don't. Do you have any ideas of my experiences with psychologists and psychiatrists? How many tests and evaluations and talk therapy sessions I went through from the time I was ten years old throughout and after high school or the necessary medical referrals from multiple doctors required before before a person can even schedule a surgery or in most cases even get hormones? Are you aware that having a mental illness or other serious emotional problems are contraindications for medical therapy? People with gender dysphoria are poked, prodded and tested, evaluated and monitored over time and thoroughly vetted to weed out mental illnesses. Are there situational problems that can lead to depression, anxiety and suicide ideation? Absolutely but the purpose of therapy is to resolve these co-morbidities.

Have you read my posts in this thread? I am and will always be fully cognizant of my "biology" which I assume to you means my XY chromosomes which have practically no bearing whatsoever on the person I am and the life I have led. I also find the notion that I and others like me are mentally ill to be a specious argument with little merit and no basis in science and medicine and decades and decades of research and positive outcomes. There is nothing wrong with me mentally and in fact, my IQ is significantly above average and in spite of the traumas of my youth, I am a stable, well adjusted, "normal" contributing member of society and a caring and empathetic person.

So, as far as your "mental issue", that's your opinion which you are absolutely entitled to have. However, every single major health organization throughout the world disagrees with your opinion so it is hard to give what you think much consideration when I know as a fact that you lack the education and information to have a better informed opinion. The reason I even post here is to bring some of this information and awareness of the facts and realities regarding this subject so that others may learn. I am aware that many won't. Their opinions are too entrenched and inflexible to be swayed by the truth and it is like talking to a brick wall in many cases but I am also aware that my efforts here haven't gone unnoticed by others that have thanked me for helping them come to a better understanding.

I won't hold your beliefs and feelings against you but I do wonder why you even care if it doesn't affect you or someone in your family? If it did, I guarantee you would feel differently with more compassion and understanding.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
When people come and say, go back to your gender ...

But all genders are broken at the moment.
Maybe they always were, and we're just drawing attention to it.

But if I had a transgender son (for example).
What must I say to him?

Go back to masculinity, because it is so much better?
I'd be lying.

Men are being played harder by fitness magazine and dietary supplement industries than women.

I can't say gender-wise a trans-life is more crap than a heterosexual male life.

Actually son, go ahead and be a women.
You're better off that way.

(Mods, can we have a champagne glass too please, that beer glass is so butch.)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
When war comes it's not transgendered kids who have to go ...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Everyone here's referring to a urinal like a "pee party".
If the rains don't come where you live - how you gonna save water?

All I hear from female confidantes is that the toilets are flushing and flushing - 9 litres every time.
Nine litres of drinking water down the drain every time!

Men ain't having a "pee party".
Women are having a water wasting party!

One concert, you listen to the flushes in the intervals!
Is it the gents or the ladies?
It's the women wasting most water.
Stop it!

Who is killing the planet?

And here they say less than 120 days of drinking water left.

Men's urinals are more water-saving.
Could have saved us many days.

"Men's pee party" - please.
Women, go green please!
edit on 5-3-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

Nonsense, I've been to war and back. I've blown s#%+ up and was point man on every patrol. Didn't even have a weapon in hand, instead I had an Vietnam era metal detector (engineer aka educated grunt). I may not have been openly living my truth back then but inside I was still the same as I am now. So don't give me that stereotypical garbage. More often than not I am usually the most potentially dangerous person in a room. Plenty of transgender people before me and after me will and have served their oil compa...err I mean country too.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Honey - Sugar Sugar.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The best thing about being vegetarian?

You can crunch down on a green bean.
But the peas are gonna shoot either way.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

You okay, bruv? Hard to tell if you've been drinking heavily, not taking your medications or need to be? Your last several posts have been mostly incoherent and either completely off topic or just plain stupid or offensive. Maybe take a break or something?

It seems to me you don't like women, have a mixed up understanding about trans people and are very insecure in your masculinity or feel it is being threatened?

I can't say gender-wise a trans-life is more crap than a heterosexual male life.

How would you know about either?

RainbowPhoenix's answer kind of shuts down this ignorant thought. Until our current administration changes their mind again, transgender people are allowed to serve in the military as they are in several other countries There are approximately 15,500 active duty transgender people serving in the National Guard, Army Reserve or other U.S. military forces. Studies have shown that transgender people are twice as likely as non-transgender people to have served.

FWIW, all citizens whose birth assigned sex was male must register with Selective Service within thirty days of their eighteenth birthday. Failure to do so is punishable by up to five years in prison and $250,000 in fines. This includes those who may have transitioned before or since then. People who were assigned female at birth are not required to register with the Selective Service regardless of their current gender or transition status.

Even though I was under the care of doctors, taking hormones and had hair down to my elbows, I registered for the draft when I turned 18 and back then the draft had not yet ended. They wouldn't have taken me anyway but I had horrific visions replaying the scene from Alice's Restaurant and having to sit on the Group W bench with father rapers, etc. I had plans to kill myself if I ever got called. Fortunately the draft ended and I never had to deal with that.

Oh, and about your urinals tirade... females standing up to pee doesn't work so well unless you want to get your shoes wet. Maybe you are unaware that our bodies aren't built the same way?

The best thing about being vegetarian?

Please stop.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yeah, I was drinking, but my point was that "masculinity" also has gender issues.
I was just comparing some of the broader points raised earlier in the thread that everyone should get a private stall to our water crisis here - and male urinals are more water friendly (at least compared to what is suggested on radio here to save water). Men are actively advised to use urinals to save water.
There is still a space for them.
Not anti-women or private stalls, just saying where men can biologically save water, there is a space and rationale for urinals still.
I was a bit tongue-in-cheek (or trying to be), but I think you hit the nail on the head, with most issues.
Just wanted to add that the concepts of "privacy" and toilet matters can change vastly depending on where one happens to be on the planet. Not saying anything is right or wrong, but from a water saving perspective (a BIG issue in Cape Town), we shouldn't knock urinals.
Anyway, thanks, great debate.
It's medication time.

As for the green bean veggie post (I am vegetarian) - I guess I was chowing beans at the time and saw them as a metaphor for my bisexual state of being - they have two sides - just like not everybody falls into a fixed gender category, but that's my own positionality. I mean everything here seems so either this or that. But there are also more fluid gender identities. I'm not anti women or femininity, I just find the debate often leaves out masculinity, and also female-to-male trans people. The visible vanguard (also in the current student movements) seems pretty focused on trans women. How to come up with an equally radical voice from a masculinity perspective is actually quite problematic. I find a lot of trans men simply become invisible under labels like "butch", yet there seems to be a misandrist notion of controlling male spaces, and somehow urinals are the problem? I mean there are two sides to the gender coin.

But ultimately I find a lot of people think "gender" is about transsexual people, when we all perform masculinity and femininity every day. Although few will admit it, but even for cisgender males it's hard work being a "man". Can't let your guard down for a second. The marketing industry knows it, but it's rarely critically examined because it's all positioned as simply "natural". How to draw attention to that performativity without being trans, or people thinking you're a bit insane is quite difficult.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The thing is, just because someone receives counseling, that doesn't mean such mutilation is a good idea. The suicide rates for such people - even when accepted - skyrocket. Clearly, surgery isn't the best option. Also, intelligence level does not matter when it comes to a mental problem. Highly intelligent people can have mental issues as easily as people with lower intelligence. Same for people who are kind, and get along well with others. The simple fact is, who we are in regard to sex IS, in fact, determined by our chromosomes.

As for why I would care, why would I not? Seeing people who have a problem told it isn't one, and seeing them do things that are harmful to them, isn't something any caring person wants.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

The suicide rates for such people

as just such a person myself, with hundreds of friends who are also such people, i can tell you from my actual life experience that the only reason our suicide rate is high is because there are terrible ignorant people who still try to tell us we are monsters or mutilated and force their ignorance and their laughable grade school understanding of chromosomes on us whenever they get a chance to show how uninformed they are.
i have literally many hundreds of acquaintances, a network of potentially thousands who have transitioned and i can tell you right now the only ones who had any worsening of mental health are the ones whose family and friends can't or won't accept them. This is not something you can argue with, these are FACTS.
what have you got, to qualify you to speak with such authority about us?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This thread is so full of hypocrisy, elitism and whatnot. We have (pro/)transgender people that cry for acceptance, while in the same sentence (!) he/she calls non-binary types "mid-spectrum"? While on the avatar, you read "no h8"?

Let that sit for a moment. Bravo.

You know, in german there is this word: Killerphrase. Well, originally it´s "Totschlagargument". What this means is, this: Totschlagargumente are almost empty arguments, "look-alike" arguments, or even prejudice, where the speaker expects the majority of the listeners to agree and/or listeners won´t dare to answer back / contradict the totschlagargument, because it´s a shunned or delicate topic.

Example
Person A: Everything Hitler did was evil and bad.
Person B: Well, that´s not true. Not everything!
Person A: So you support what Hitler did? How dare you.

Person A: I don´t want my kid to see this (pre operation transgender in girl/women bathroom).
Person B: But what about the transgender kids! (.....)

^--- This was done in this thread repeatly. All the high standards that those users frequently demand from others in discussions, deep thinking, logic, everything is thrown overboard for the sake of the position.

And other fallacies that are kindly "overseen" because it fits the narrative. Like religion is not connected to refugees (in this thread). Very revealing, indeed.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

You can claim that, but real world statistics prove otherwise. Even for those who are completely accepted, the rates are still much higher.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: continuousThunder

You can claim that, but real world statistics prove otherwise. Even for those who are completely accepted, the rates are still much higher.

Just as you can claim this garbage, I'd like you to back up your claim with hard data...oh wait you can't because you can't ask a dead person why they killed themself.

All you have is speculation, a closed mind and an icy heart. I get it you don't like nor care for Trans folk and that's your perogative . Yet you pretend you do with your faux compassion and false concern. Really you just want to presume to tell me and others like me what we are feeling when in fact you have no idea nor legitimate desire to understand.

People like you make me sick with your pretentious sense of self perceived knowledge and compassion. Bottom line is you know nothing about our plight as you've never walked in our shoes. So stop pretending to in an attempt to validate your false "concern" for us. With a friend like you who needs enemies. If you offered me your hand in support i would smack it away and spit at your feet.
edit on 29-3-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join