It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Happier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel a little jealous of people lucky enough to win the lottery and outright hatred for those who bitch about it.

Not this time.

Poor pensioners buy winning Lotto ticket with last $11

Port Kennedy pensioners were on the brink of losing their home when they used their last $11 to buy a winning Lotto ticket to last night’s draw.

Talk about "in the nick of time", phew.

“When you’re living pension to pension it isn’t easy,” the wife said.

Good on them. I hope they enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I read this earlier and apparently she had a dream about it . They get to keep their home and probably eat some steak for the first time in a while . Good luck to them .

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
Sometimes I feel a little jealous of people lucky enough to win the lottery and outright hatred for those who bitch about it.

Not this time.

Poor pensioners buy winning Lotto ticket with last $11

Port Kennedy pensioners were on the brink of losing their home when they used their last $11 to buy a winning Lotto ticket to last night’s draw.

Talk about "in the nick of time", phew.

“When you’re living pension to pension it isn’t easy,” the wife said.

Good on them. I hope they enjoy it.

Nice one! I hope they do too.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm glad for them.

I wish we had a something similar go on right now. I don't even want a big jackpot, just one of the ancillary prizes would go a long way.

Looks like husband's old miracle car might finally be put out to the old car's home, son's tuition is going to get about $2,000 more expensive next year as he steps from K to 1st grade, and another issue or two like those mean we are pouring over the budget trying to make it do a couple miracles right now.

I am glad they got to keep their home. It does sound like they really did need it much more than we do.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Good for them!!

I only hope that their " long lost relatives" or "friends" don't start coming out of the woodwork. And if they do, the lucky couple ask where everyone was when they needed them. And say no.

ETA: GAH! Sorry for being such a downer. Guess I've gotten cynical in my old age.
edit on 2/21/2017 by Lolliek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Good stuffs!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know how you feel. It would be nice once in a while not to have to think about money and just know that there's enough there.

Best of luck with the budgeting.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

It's a heart-warming story.

You'd much rather somebody in need wins it rather than somebody who just wants to live in excess of their needs for the sake of it.

top topics

join