It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiggins: WNBA's harmful culture of bullying, jealousy-"harassment because she is heterosexual"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Candice Wiggins had a dream of playing in the WNBA but this dream was not as she thought. It turns out that the WNBA was not tolerant of her being straight.

A talented All American Candice Wiggins said she was a target for harassment from the time she was drafted because she was straight. She also added that 98% of the women in the WNBA are gay and are jealous of her.

Wiggins, a four-time All-American at Stanford, asserts she was targeted for harassment from the time she was drafted by Minnesota because she is heterosexual and a nationally popular figure, of whom many other players were jealous.

“Me being heterosexual and straight, and being vocal in my identity as a straight woman was huge,” Wiggins said. “I would say 98 percent of the women in the WNBA are gay women. It was a conformist type of place. There was a whole different set of rules they (the other players) could apply.

She was called names, intimidated and thrown to the ground. Wiggins said the the players were encouraged to act like men. She said she didn't fit the culture.

www.sandiegouniontribune.com...
People were deliberately trying to hurt me all of the time. I had never been called the B-word so many times in my life than I was in my rookie season. I’d never been thrown to the ground so much. The message was: ‘We want you to know we don’t like you.’ “

There is no published data on the percentage of WNBA players who are gay. In a 10-team league that employs 120 players annually, at least 12 current and former players have come out publicly in various forms of media.
Wiggins said she was disheartened by a culture in the WNBA that encouraged women to look and act like men in the NBA.

“It comes to a point where you get compared so much to the men, you come to mirror the men,’ she said. “So many people think you have to look like a man, play like a man to get respect. I was the opposite. I was proud to a be a woman, and it didn’t fit well in that culture.”

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
She deserves everything she gets, doesnt she know as a straight woman shes part of the problem.

Oh snap hang on, shes not white, the way they are treating her is racist and anyone who bullied her should be charged with a hate crime

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oh here we go....

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nice pic. I don't know if this is a big deal though.

It's only a hetero that was harassed.

Not a LGBUYTR

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Agreed, it is amazing the lengths that the Leftists and liberals will go to keep the protected "identify as" protected.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Pretty common knowledge that most of the good women basketball players are lesbians. Same for softball, soccer etc. Whatever has gone wrong in their genetics/hormones to make them gay, helps gives them an advantage as athletes. Same reason most gay men aren't great athletes. Not that there aren't exceptions of course, but I think basic observation, minus political correctness, would reveal this to be the truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Good lord, don't even try to bring rationality into this....

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Pretty common knowledge that most of the good women basketball players are lesbians. Same for softball, soccer etc. Whatever has gone wrong in their genetics/hormones to make them gay, helps gives them an advantage as athletes. Same reason most gay men aren't great athletes. Not that there aren't exceptions of course, but I think basic observation, minus political correctness, would reveal this to be the truth.

Common knowledge or assumption? Either way, I didn't know that, never EVER even crossed one of my brain cells let alone my whole knowledge box. My basic observation skills must be sorely lacking, learn something new every day.

Anyway, it's wrong that she was harassed because of her gender identity choice. Until they go after harassers on either side of the coin for all issues, harassment won't stop. Since it is now PC to harass if the harasser is on the liberal side of the things, it will continue to divide people. Double standards never work and I hope the hypocrisy gets the attention it deserves.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is what feminism does.

I btw in no way think most women who say they're gay, are in fact gay. It's a choice for many of them. It's a lifestyle. Many women go back and forth between men and women. I'd call it "sexual-fluidity".

I don't think the reaction this player speaks of is truly because she's straight but more she's going against the more chosen lifestyle of women in sports.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Ah, the "tolerance" crowd strikes again! What was that about the other side being sexist, etc? How sick, too, to encourage women to act like men to be accepted in a sport! How is that not sexist??

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
“Me being heterosexual and straight, and being vocal in my identity as a straight woman was huge,” Wiggins said.

Vocal hate draws hate.
If she's goosestepping around telling people how unnatural they are, and how they are 'going to hell' (tm), then she asked for the 'feedback'!
Like Milo.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

But from tolerant leftist?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

But from tolerant leftist?

Sarcasm aside, I don't think anyone's too 'tolerant', these days.
In the 'minds' of many, it is a battle between 'good' and 'evil', 'right' and 'wrong' (the insanity of 'beliefs'!) where there is no room for compromise.

"The face of Love is a mirror, the hater will find hate therein."

edit on 23-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What I despise from these 'protected' groups, they demand respect and tolerance yet don't feel the need to give any back.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

I do know that they did a study once that showed that we women and girls who tend to be more competitive and athletic also tend to have more testosterone exposure in utero. You can generally tell by looking at our ring fingers. If they are longer than our index fingers, it's an indication of testosterone exposure and in women the ring is generally shorter or same length, but mine is longer and I competed successfully clear into college.

Maybe it's a hormonal thing mixed with other influences.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

How do they even stay in business I mean who watches the WNBA do you know anybody ? I've never met anybody in my entire life that has watched the WNBA the only time I heard about this crap is when Imus called them Nappy Headed Hoes over when two of them they got married failed maintain themselves and acted a fool and we're all over TMZ and who remembers these names.

I like how voice to text capitalized Nappy Headed Hoes look it just did it again

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Imus didn't even do that. I think he was talking about the Rutgers women's basketball team.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So nobody gaf about the wnba? lol

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's not about the WNBA, it's about hate and intolerance due to someones sexual preference. Something that only seems to matter when one group does it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

“Me being heterosexual and straight, and being vocal in my identity as a straight woman was huge,” Wiggins said.

Vocal hate draws hate.
If she's goosestepping around telling people how unnatural they are, and how they are 'going to hell' (tm), then she asked for the 'feedback'!
Like Milo.

^So much prejudice in that it is dizzying.

Also this:

she asked for the 'feedback'!

"She asked for it"

Thats what rapists say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join