It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration 'had a secret plan to lift Russian sanctions' and cede Ukraine territory to...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon
Apologies if I missed it, but does anyone have a link to the original New York Times article this piece is sourcing? I'd like to compare what the NYT actually wrote to what this article claims they stated.

What reason is there to write an article on some other article unless it's to put your own spin on it?

Like any story, if one of the big papers covers a news piece, all the other papers wants to get in on the action to have their say. The Independent article looks like it's a word for word copy of The Washington Post story. My guess is The Independent probably just paid to get the rights to syndicate the article.

www.nytimes.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

If you've ever read The New Yorker, you have probably noticed the articles tend towards the verbose. The Independent often writes shorter news pieces to summarize events. Each news source fills a niche as either an aggregator (ATS), regional news (Boston Globe), cultural color commentary (political journals), and when we are lucky hard hitting investigative journalism (APs big story column).

edit on 21-2-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Thank you, both for the links and the alternative reasons for this type of piece. My comment was short sighted.
edit on 21-2-2017 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Wow, didn't take long for this to go into false unsubstantiated claims of medical ailments.

Your feelings are all you got, and they don't matter.

Very Fake Emotional News.

You clearly don't understand what the word think implies.

It implies an opinion as in "I think" which you clearly did not.

So it can't be news let alone fake news.

Oh and Sorry you are so emotional

#TriggeredAndEmotional

edit on PMTuesday42America/Chicago2V2017024228 by ThoughtIsMadness because: lessen the emotional blow

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

I'd be ok with it if it was true anyways. Sorry, I don't want nuclear war. When did democrats becomes such war mongers?

Worried about nuclear war? Why? Aside from NK Russia isn't going to commit suicide. Nuclear war is suicide for whoever strikes first and that has been well known by just about EVERYONE.

Maybe Trump didn't know until recently the way he was always talking about using nukes (everything is on the table) but it looks like at some point he has been informed, he may have peed his pants a little. He does use that fear tactic on his supporters fairly often. Guess those are the ones that are the exception when it comes to knowledge about MAD.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

So your post was deliberate disinformation?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt before but you seem to admit you knew no Russian official was involved but lied about it anyway.

Coming in with accusations, do you really think anyone believes you when you say you are giving the benefit of the doubt? LOL, pretty sure the only person who is a deceitful lying sack here is you.

You didn't even have the balls to reply once you were put in your place.

The article proves once again Trump is making america great again with more awesome entertainment! Trump is the world's greatest conman. I love how this guy is able to make otherwise sane people say absolutely stupid s##t to defend him.

Wish I had that superpower.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Mishmashum because: even more awesome video!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Trump wouldn't have much to do with the Ukraine ...The US is not a part of what could be worked out

At a summit in Minsk on 11 February 2015, the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, France, and Germany agreed to a package of measures to alleviate the ongoing war in the Donbass region of Ukraine.[1][2][3][4] The talks that led to the deal, overseen by the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), were organised in response to the collapse of the Minsk Protocol ceasefire in January–February 2015. The new package of measures is intended to revive the Protocol, which had been agreed to on 5 September 2014
Minsk was Putins checkmate move to stop the same gang that is going after Trump now .

Can you elaborate on the last part? Are you saying Putin intentionally sabotaged the protocol to get a better deal?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mishmashum

Can you elaborate on the last part? Are you saying Putin intentionally sabotaged the protocol to get a better deal?
The original protocol would have been the way forward under normal channels . I think by bringing France and Germany into what turned into the final Minsk agreement that probably would not of happened if the US would of been a part of it . Putin skirted it to get all the parties involved to sign on . The US was left outside but only to the extent of supporting the Ukraine Govt to do what they agreed to do in the agreement .

It was a kind of check mate on the US but left the door open for the Kiev Govt. to do a political settlement that they agreed to do but have not . So Kieve is stuck in a war they can't win and a agreement and a agreement the East cant loose . Stale mate . If and once the conditions are ratified then Kiev will be in a check mate . eta ..I might add that the east can survive without the Ukraine but the Ukraine cant survive without the east . The latest blockade on coal coming out of the east for energy puts a great deal of political pressure in Kieve .Something they will have a hard time surviving politically .
edit on 22-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks, that makes sense. Nice to see some specifics. Do you have any articles you recommend reading about all this?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There are some pretty good pieces here journal-neo.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

There are some pretty good pieces here journal-neo.org...

Love learning new things.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Obama already gave the territory to Russia. While I despise Russia, it's the only play available to Trump.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wanted to add some backstory on Felix Sater, since he figures prominently in the Original Post.

This link is to a thorough summary from TalkingPointsMemo today, titled What The CIA and FBI Knew About Trump Before 2016.

This rabbit hole has so many twists and turns.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It looks like Germany and Austria are complaining about the US sanctions against Russia. They are right to complain about it, but what about German and Austrian anti-Russia sanctions? Who will complain about them?
They still have option to lift them in July ......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join