It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger films brutal train scuffle allegedly sparked by racial slur

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's likely he was under the influence. But does that excuse his behaviour?

I didnt say it did.........however people are much more prone to idiocy when they are libated, thats fact......

Id still like to see the vid in FULL before passing any judgement on anything as well......

i dont like making judgment calls without context

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I concur.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

a reply to: WilsonWilson

The attacker continued: “You say it, say it, you say I love Aboriginal people. This is our land.”

That underlined part may be interpreted as racist. In Australia, there is a stupid law which includes "causing offence" to another person, especially on the grounds of race.

If you think about what was said and what was said took place, you can pretty much figure out what went on here.

S.A. - I hate #&^%@ Aborigines. This place is filthy with them.

A.A. - What did you say??!!?? Say it again!

That guy had every right to put a woopin on some outsider trash talking down to his people.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

a reply to: WhateverYouSay

You seem to be implying that only white people can be guilty of hate crimes (because of history)?

No, I didn't imply that at all, how could you possibly read that into what I said?

You read that merely because you wanted me to be saying that because you had a canned response at the ready.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Aboriginals were here long before north Africans and will be here long after the bad ones are sent back . Yes i said sent back , it will happen in my opinion and while Australia will cop flack i believe others will follow .We are already sending kiwis home .

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Resorting to violent behaviour will not solve the issues we face.

No it wont but i bet you that the victim there never ever throws an insult to anyone ever again in a public or for that matter private place.

Really this is a simple case of cause and effect.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
You read that merely because you wanted me to be saying that because you had a canned response at the ready.

This is your reply I was referring to:

It's a difficult situation to compare because there's not really a word that can be derogatory in the way that there are for black people and aboriginals. Even words like, "cracker" refer to the fact that white people used to crack the whip and so even though is not a compliment it still refers to a white power structure.

But let's say a black guy said something like, "I hate white people" and called some guy a "white MFer", then no, I do not believe that would be a hate crime as you describe it. But as I said before, could be charged with assault.

You said it was difficult to compare because there is no derogatory-equivalent word for white people. So you shifted the focus from intent (the target's race as a motive for committing a crime) to semantics (how harmful the word is to the specific group).

Then you stated that even a black guy who said he hates white people and calls a white person a white MFer when assaulting them, you would not classify the assault as racially motivated.

Unless you admit that a white guy calling a black person "you black MF" while assaulting them does not constitute a racially motivated hate crime (which I very much doubt you will given your last response), I can only conclude that you believe it's only a racially motivated hate crime when a white person does it.

Understand now why I asked if that was what you were implying?

edit on 23/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Your view of what I said doesn't make sense, it only makes sense if a black guy calls a white guy a "White MFer" and then the white guy attacks the black guy. It has to be that way in order for the comparison to make any sense relative to the original story. Again, I suggest that you are seeing what you want to see in order to be outraged.
edit on 23-2-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Your view of what I said doesn't make sense, it only makes sense if a black guy calls a white guy a "White MFer" and then the white guy attacks the black guy. It has to be that way in order for the comparison to make any sense relative to the original story. Again, I suggest that you are seeing what you want to see in order to be outraged.

You are really trying hard to wriggle your way out of your earlier implications.

Why would I want to see something in order to be outraged? I don't enjoy being angry, I don't get a high from it and I don't believe it brings out the best in me. In fact, I try to avoid getting angry as best I can because I know it tends to cloud my judgement and sense of reasoning.

So why would I want to be outraged?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You are really trying hard to wriggle your way out of your earlier implications.

Hahahaha ok.

Why would you want to be outraged? I don't know, ask yourself that. You created the thread with the idea that it would have to be a hate crime if anyone else did it, and proceeded to interpret whatever you could to fit that view, even when you had to perform quite a few mental gymnastics to do so.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Why would you want to be outraged? I don't know, ask yourself that. You created the thread with the idea that it would have to be a hate crime if anyone else did it, and proceeded to interpret whatever you could to fit that view, even when you had to perform quite a few mental gymnastics to do so.

I didn't create the thread for that purpose, that is you projecting what you think is the reason I created the thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I didn't create the thread for that purpose, that is you projecting what you think is the reason I created the thread.

Just using your words

I do wonder if the Aboriginal man will (or can?) be charged with a hate crime?

Oh right, I forgot: the perpetrator is not Caucasian, so the story ought to be ignored.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Just using your words

Out of context, of course.

The first line is a question from the opening post I asked.

The second is in response to a reply from another member.

Taking sentences out of context enables the perpetrator to paint a false narrative. As you have just done.

edit on 25/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join