It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Potato Chip (Crisps) flavors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Pisky's rant on the dangers of Jalepeno chips & itchy eyes reminded me of my travels and the unusual chip/crisp flavors I have seen.

My favorite potato style ones are Kettle cooked in peanut oil & flavored with Sea Salt & Vinegar. I've seen Ketchup, Dill Pickle, Gravey, Steak, Chicken and Fish flavors.

What are some of the ones you've seen/tried?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
During the late 70's we had hedgehog flavoured crisps in the UK

From what I remember they tasted like beef (not chicken for a change)

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
they have Buffalo wing flavoured chips here in Ontario, still I haven't seen a Buffalo with wings so they must import them

my favourite is sour cream and onion, salt'n vinegar and smoky bacon.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My favorite are a regional brand of salt and vinegar chips, but I love when I come across kettle cooked sea salt and malt vinegar chips.

Some other good flavors

Kettle cooked BBQ
Buffalo Wing Chips

I've also come across Dill Pickle, Ketchup, salt and pepper, crab, old bay seaoned, and steak sauce falvored chips.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Upper Cuts, the crisps that all potatoes aspire to be, come in:

Roast Lamb & Mint
Chili & Sour Cream
Garlic Sea Salt & Herb
Honey Soy Chicken.

On a tangent, when you bought a "Chocolate Meat" bar in Beijing in the past couple of decades, you could be forgiven for assuming it's a quaint translation of "Fruit & Nut" or similar... until you bite into the chocolate-coated beef jerky. Yum.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting!

I like the aggie chips to - plantain, cassva or yucca chips & beets. Sweet potato is excellent as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Presumably that is sweet potato or kumara chips, rather than sweet potato flavored potato chips, LOL.

More:

Kettle fried chips out of a career kettle fryer's kettle on the sidewalk in Lima.

Twisties (the gritty cereal snack out of Oz not the puffy impersonator out of NZ) are fun. Several years ago they had a consumer vote-off between chili and toffee flavors. It was a more important election than the Federal one. Anyone know what happened?

I will report separately some time on the widely different QC methods in the two leading potato chip manufacturers in another far off place. One involves large people and fingers, the other involves lasers.

Hungry, BT?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I bought a container of wasabi fried peas and haven't left them alone since! I was feeling a little stuffy, but my sinus has been cleared!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
they have Buffalo wing flavoured chips here in Ontario, still I haven't seen a Buffalo with wings:

Those are my favourite

Usualy I will get that or dill pickle flavor. Ketchup flavor I like too.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Those gravy chips sound good i'll have to look for some.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Roast Chicken and Herb
Thai Chilli
And i had some Curry flavoured ones once as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
in British Columbia, you can get Old Dutch Onion & Garlic, the absolute best!!! Any ketchup chip would be the worst.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The best I'd had in a loooooong time were the "Quebec Four Cheese" (Cheddar, Romano, Blue and Parmesan) flavour....

they were wonderfull... wayyy too good

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've had pizza flavour and poutine flavoured chips. mmmmm Poutine :-)

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
-Ketchup -Mayonaise -Paprika -Roasted Chicken -Shrimp -Fish -Octopus
-Beef -Pork -Pizza -Salsa -Guacamole -Ranch -Four Cheese

I havnt seen them all but Ive heard of them, weird things there...

top topics

join