It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab-Grown Meat Is Healthier. It’s Cheaper. It’s the Future

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No.
Just NO!!!!

The thought of it just makes me gag.

I, too wold rather eat bugs, I think....at lest they are real.

I avoid GMOs or all sorts know....as much as is possible.
And fake meat sounds scarier to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Come on! It could probably even have electrolytes!

I agree, though, fake food just doesn't sound right.

Believe in God or evolution, I don't think either one planned for us to eat pink slime grown in a lab and flavored with msg.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm Vegetarian, and I won't eat it. Meat is gross.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In fairness we are probably eating a lot worse already given how incredibly processed what we know as "meat" already is.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

i am so disturbed by the title and fear ill health if i read the OP...why GOD why...
blessed are the vegetables...
will op when i'm not sickened by very thought of some animal protein not grass fed and cage free.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This sounds like deja vu with GMOs. The only studies done on the safety of this will probably be done by those profiting from it. They will pay off the lawmakers so they can't get sued when we all get sick and die. People will develop new illnesses, allergies, etc. as a result of this experiment. I personally won't be eating it - if I know about it. Organic is best whenever you can. Hopefully this designation will continue to be used in the meat industry so that we know when we are getting real food. There are already a host of meat-like substances out there made from plants. Though I haven't found any that are organic, some are non-GMO and taste great. I use them a lot.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

And not to have fat in it!!!!! Just YUCK!

When are they going to admit fat is a necessary addition to our diet.....that our brain relies on fat to be healthy!?!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You know, when I was a kid I always asked people to pass me the fat off their steaks. These days I don't because it's looked down upon, but you better believe if I get a prime-rib with a large section of fat, the plate will be cleaned completely by the end of the meal.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just thought I'd bump this topic. I recently read about new developments in vegetarian food where companies are making progress with making meat that bleeds just like real meat, only it's all plant based (the impossible burger). No doubt sooner or later it'll find it's way to the lab meat which according to some news is still too dry compared to normal meat. Basically a group of people came together asking why meat tastes like meat and this lead them to heme in the blood which they discovered is also present in plants and they took that and prepared it so it would appear like meat.

Personally I can't wait to have my labburger in my solarpowered selfdriving car whilst enjoying my homegrown stuff. I still eat meat after 2 attempts of dropping it from my list of foods but I just can't resist a tasty burger, hotdogs or the meat on pizza's, toasts. I buy meat of which I've checked how the companies treat their cattle, or if there are any labels on it indicating that's the case.

I'm convinced lab meat will become the default meat and this will have all kinds of small and large effects. It's better for the environment, less animal abuse, better for economy, more space for us humans, no more hormones or other things inside the meat, no more meat scandals like horse meat in other meats or reselling/repackaging of old chicken meat.

Some numbers on what livestock needs:

Just the methane from bovine farts might actually have an effect on global climate change.

If karma exists and hurting/killing/eating life forms has bad consequences life should become better once people massively turn to lab meat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join