It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab-Grown Meat Is Healthier. It’s Cheaper. It’s the Future

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
From the folks who brought you

PCBS™

AGENT ORANGE™

ROUND UP™

GENETICALLY MODIFIED TERMINATOR SEEDS™

MONSANTO™ in partnership with BAYER™ is happy to bring you yummy HEALTHY SUPPER MEAT ™

Your KIDS™ will love it.

I don't even know if Monsanto is behind this it just sounds like something they would have one of their tentacles in.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 21-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: I WAS THE HOST TO A DOUBLE POST

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Haha!

But to keep on point - I think it's interesting and cool that we think of such things, but I think the money spent making fake meat, likely could have been spent developing cow farms in areas, you know?

Everyone thinks high tech and cutting edge is better, I happen to disagree. I think old school is better until proven otherwise..

In 10-20 years' time do you think that people will even have a choice? Future generations will probably have no clue what old school will be as teachings in public school systems and the World Health Organization as well as the medical system will adapt to new types of food entering the markets. Then MSM will come on board creating more fake news about how great this lab meat is. Health fitness gurus and mainstream YT videos will all be on this bandwagon....until a wheel falls off.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
95 % of the meat in our freezer, I have either hunted myself or traded with neighboring farmers. The only store bought meat we got is meat that is not readily available in this country.
So I know what I eat, do you do that with the lab meat?
Lab meat - It's perfect if you would like to put in an ingredient that allows you to turn people into sheepels......
edit on 2212017 by BobbyRock because: little fix, nothing to talk about

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
One question,

Are the really rich and wealthy eating it?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

.. But can I still taste it's feelings?.. Cause feelings taste delicious.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yeah, you try the labmeat and im gonna go hippie and eat my bugs with some salt and peppa ..

I think it will work out great, its not like our 4,5 billions years of evolution has any part in our food chain..

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, give me the real deal. Let those who want to eat factory produced guff eat factory produced guff.

I will buy meat sourced from animals who have lived under high standards of welfare and husbandry. Always have and always will. I cannot see that changing in my life time. I celebrate the differece between a well hung pheasant (not peasant), or topside versus fore ribs, or a good cured Wiltshire ham, or some stringy old hen made into a pot roast. No chance a factory could replicate anything like what I can get.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

In 2013, it cost around $325,000 to engineer a five-ounce in vitro hamburger constructed from pieces of beef muscle tissue all grown in a lab. Now, with advances in the industry steadily pushing this field forward, the price has been whittled down to just $11.36 — that’s 30,000 times less than when it was first introduced.

No, just no.

There is something wholly unholy about "constructed from pieces of muscle tissue grown in a lab", cheeseburger.

Considering the companies like Tyson, what they sell now can;t rightly be considered meat anyway.

Who will be able to tell, anyway? Their chicken nuggets in the grocery store are bits of "Mixed bird meat", batter coated and deep fried. I don't know what goes into the vat.

Anyone who has ever had real grass fed beef slo grown to maturity without hormones, or a free roaming chicken knows the difference.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm........what's next?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by Intrptr:

Anyone who has ever had real grass fed beef slo grown to maturity without hormones, or a free roaming chicken knows the difference.

Absolutely! Unfortunately, those of us who have tasted home-grown are getting fewer and fewer. Best I can describe it is it's like a homegrown tomato versus a supermarket tomato. More people can relate to that.

Something to think about is that if the human race actually makes it to the stars, lab created protein will be the norm. Science Fiction writers have already introduced it. It was only a matter of time....

edit on 2/21/2017 by Lolliek because: Dang typos! But at least my grammar won't be graded!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As long as it tastes good, is healthy and nutritious, and cheap, I'm in.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I want to live. I want my food to have life. Lab meat has never lived and gives no life... and Ill NEVER eat it and hope I teach my fam better than to eat sick things like that.Besides, I require a LOT more fats than some folks. Did you know lots of folks have starved to death with a belly full of squirrel?? No fat. There is such a thing as too lean and we require a balance.

.... plus I see a market for the cannibal curious crowd...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Hmmmmmm........what's next?

Yeah about that....................
It's not people yet but given enough time.

Each Soylent product contains a complete blend of protein, carbohydrates, lipids, and micronutrients: everything the body needs to thrive. We know your life is busy enough already, but we're here to make things a little less complicated.

SOYLENT MEAL SUBSTITUTE

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Go for it.

It's science, right?

Science is never wrong! So the first people I want to see nom nom nomming are the Man-made climate change advocates.

Because science never makes mistakes.

edit on 21-2-2017 by DBCowboy because: I'm just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. . . .

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

It's people in the movie.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

.. But can I still taste it's feelings?.. Cause feelings taste delicious.

When you are so hungry that you could eat anything served in front of you the last thing on your mind is taste. First feeling to satisfy is the feeling of being full

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Go for it.

It's science, right?

Science is never wrong! So the first people I want to see nom nom nomming are the Man-made climate change advocates.

Because science never makes mistakes.

They should.
Frankenmeat should make global-warming bovine flatulence a thing of the past.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Frankenmeat ............LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Frankenmeat should make global-warming bovine flatulence a thing of the past.

How FM gets made...and how positive it looks like in a diagram!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join