It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that Michelle Obama is out of White House - law enforcement hits her with an epic statement

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: seasonal

So they should go back to buying the huge cans of "chemical" pudding with the sugar and trans fat? That certainly will be easier.

How did kids ever make it before 2009... Geez.

They didn't.

government statistics showed that 6 out of every 5 children died terribly before Obama.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeheeehee!!!! So true, so true... Thank Heavens she was able to save our kids' lives.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Do you find any irony at all that the evidence proffered is from an ABC affiliate?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I do NOT want that crap fed to kids.

But I realize it is going to be a huge and expensive proposition to change this. Not feel good laws.

It is going to be $$$ and take trained and well paid cooks/chefs/personnel to do this.

MichellE did a horrible job.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Do you find any irony at all that the evidence proffered is from an ABC affiliate?

It's fake news!

Wait...I'm confused.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't get it. Are you telling me that it's the foods that are making our kids fat, or is it the parents feeding them something fast or giving them an entire bag of chips to get em out of their hair?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
For those truly interested in this topic, I'd suggest watching Jamie Oliver's series "Food Revolution". He highlights all the problems mentioned here and shows it can be corrected. The hardest part was teaching not only the cafeteria works how to cook ( as mentioned by seasonal, most of the equipment had been removed or they didn't know how to use it), but the parents, the kids, the schoolboard /gov officals themselves. The show really is about changing attitudes toward health.

And as most great things on ATS, he follows the money.......it's not by chance kids are fed crap at schools. The interests of BIG BUCKS, are stopping a change for the better.

Food Revolution

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Gryphon66

Let's not forget the moving goal post of what over weight is too. At 5' 8" I am over weight due to my build. BMI is a crock, % of fat is way more accurate.

That's so true... I don't know of one healthy looking person that meets the standard weight of their height. I'm not fat at all and I'm 75 pounds over what I'm supposed to be. I'm glad you brought that up because I'd totally forgotten about how off the mark the "obesity" measurement is. Hell I was able to get high potent diet pills prescribed by my doctor when I was skinny as a rail because I was considered obese at 35 pounds over my obesity weight, lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Why don't you go back through the words I have written in response to you and see if any of them seem to mean any of what you just said?

When that fails, here are the two facts in as simple language and as few words as possible:

Congress set the nutritional standards.

Local school systems designed the crappy meals based on those standards.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

Our kids health are being monetized.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If a mom like me can figure out how to do it for her family, than a school district should be able to figure out how to do it for their students. Maybe a state needs to raise taxes to pay for it.

The point is, the nutritional guidelines are good.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

What is it crude rude day?

Funny that you didn't call out WUNK22 for being crude and rude with this comment..

I'm so glad he is gone, and his husband!!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That is arguable,

Fat is good, whole grains raise blood glucose.

Do you think MichellE's words that started this thread is a good thing or a bad thing?

The statement about her being proud for the first time......

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

At least that was a little cleaver, but still very mean.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

1. Lots of anti-Obama people purposely left out food choices so they could take pics of sad lunches.

2. Some schools sucked at providing healthy foods while other schools did much better. My daughter was at a public school when the guidelines were first introduced, and her lunches were healthy, fresh and filling.

3. If you think peas, corn and black beans are disgusting, that is your personal issue.

Your first response could very well be true, but then again that could also be how the lunches looked in a lot of places.

I think most children would turn their nose up at a meal like peas, corn, black beans, lettuce, green dressing, and 4 chunks of chicken. Don't you? They would probably eat the chicken and be done with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

And the one you posted looks disgusting unless you're a 30 year old woman on a strict diet.

Actually, salads (southwest-style) like the one she posted a pic of are very popular these days. So much so that fast food restaurants are following the trend.

A salad like that at a restaurant would be at least $10, or more depending on the area.

So I'd say that was a pretty good meal for a school lunch.

It's possible, I can't say it's not since I'm down in La. But how many schools have lunches like that? And how many school kids like salad? High School cheerleaders and gals watching their figure, sure, but what about the sports players, etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

The hardest part was teaching not only the cafeteria works how to cook ( as mentioned by seasonal, most of the equipment had been removed or they didn't know how to use it)

There is a reason why certain equipment was removed or they didn't know how to use it.

Many school districts, especially in larger towns/cities, no longer prep all foodstuffs at each individual school. For example, the city I live in has a central/main kitchen that preps the majority of the food and it is distributed to each school as needed.

Not only does this allow for the school districts to maintain tight controls on quality and safety (preparing chicken for example), it allows school districts to monitor costs much more effectively.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

And that is a problem, it has to be produced in the school, fresh.

If it comes frozen in heat-able bags, what is the point?

Good food isn't cheap-neither is diabetes, cancer and being fat.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Do you think MichellE's words that started this thread is a good thing or a bad thing?

The statement about her being proud for the first time......

What's wrong with it? After all, even Trump pointed out that America has been responsible for killing a lot of innocent people (when he was asked about Putin being a killer). Why should we be proud of that?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

There have been positive results from the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act. According to the Christian Science Monitor, a report was released earlier this month in the medical journal JAMA Pediatrics in which researchers from the University of Washington Nutritional Sciences Program concluded the standards had a substantial impact on the quality of food provided at schools.

The researchers looked at the nutritional value of nearly 2 million meals selected by 7,200 students in several middle and high schools in an urban school district in Washington state. The scientists compared data collected in the 16 months before the standards were carried out with data from the 15 months after the standards were put in place -- and found an increase in six nutrients: calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, fiber, and protein.

Fox News, January 25, 2017

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

But how many schools have lunches like that?

I cannot answer that.

And how many school kids like salad?

Salads have always been popular. Even you admitted that your school has a salad bar.

High School cheerleaders and gals watching their figure, sure, but what about the sports players, etc.

Each person is different. I played ball and wrestled for many years and we were always told to eat a well-balanced meal throughout the week, load-up on carbs the night before gameday and eat light on gameday.

Eating like a 400lb strongman everyday will eventually cause damage.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join