It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that Michelle Obama is out of White House - law enforcement hits her with an epic statement

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Who did that money go to again?

Was it the local economies? Do you think that's where the funds were supposed to end up?

Hmmm.

At least Mr. Obama can admit when a plan doesn't work as intended ... do you think Mr. Trump will ever do so?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Seems to me it you leftist nut jobs causing the violence across America. But I've seen by your unbiased post that it's all the rights fault. Now fly away little birdie, fly away.....

a reply to: theantediluvian

You see exactly what you want to see. Case in point:

"I've seen by your unbiased post that it's all the rights fault."

I never said anything of the sort though did I? What I did do was point out that per usual, it's the right-winger (you to be exact) with the "there will be blood" rhetoric alluding to civil war. And with the typical sanctimonious unclever would be sarcasm! Because there's absolutely nothing biased about your posts, right?

Lmao.

You keep right on harping on a few isolated incidents of violence and trying to paint all opposition to Trump with that brush. What do you have to say about the violence from Trump supporters? I seem to remember a Trump supporter shooting 5 BLM protesters in an unprovoked attack? In 2015, Dylan Roof, a right-wing terrorist, assassinated worshippers in a church. Last monght, it was another right-wing terrorist in Quebec, assassinating people praying in a Mosque.

This would be right-wing terrorist in SC wanted to carry out a Dylan Roof inspired attack:

CONWAY, S.C. - The mother of a man who authorities say wanted to kill Jewish or black people in an attack inspired by Dylann Roof said her son thought it was time for white people to stand up for their rights.

Joanne Strickland said she saw her son leave their house with a Bible on Wednesday, then several hours later, federal agents were knocking on her door with a search warrant, saying they had arrested the 29-year-old felon who sought out a gun for what he said would be an attack in the "spirit of Dylann Roof."

That's from 2 days ago. Maybe you'd like to bring up the heinous torture of the young autistic man in Chicago? It's certainly sparked quite a lot of outrage. The story of a mentally handicapped black teen sexually assaulted with a hanger by an 18 year-old white football player making racist jokes however didn't play quite as well — if you can imagine that.

Should we keep going or perhaps you'd like to scamper off to some dark crevice?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The money is gone-it did not go into the infrastructure. We are still living with the very same outdated crap infrastructure from the 1960's.

You tell me where the money went.

Oh and our kids are not going to be light hearted about being enslaved because Obama didn't want the economy to have a correction.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Should Mr. Trump be allowed to stand on a military vehicle when he avoided military service with a college exemption while others (like say, John McCain) were fighting on his behalf?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Also, did you know that Michelle Obama was a big supporter of the farm-to-school initiative that supported schools which bought fresh products from local farmers?

That helped support local economies, smaller businesses and not truckloads of produce from Mexico?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The nutritional guidelines were a good thing. It is a good thing to eat fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains. It is a good thing to eat less sugar, sodium and saturated fat. It is a good thing to stop eating any foods with trans fats.

If anyone failed, it was the schools. The schools didn't want to take the time to figure out how to work in the nutritional guidelines into their menus. It was easier to just give the kids crap out of a can that you buy in bulk.

Unfortunately I see many parents being just as lazy, which is why American kids of this generation will be the first to live shorter lifespans than their parents. Sad! (my Trump impersonation)

How about we get away from soy rich foods. Soy contains the highest amount of estrogen, and that's probably what leads to so many of our kids in high school and college being over-emotional hypersensitive drama queens that don't know how to cope when they don't get what they want. No more soybeans or flax seed...

Flaxseeds are also commonly referred to as linseed. The phytoestrogens present in them are referred to as lignans. The seeds are generally ground and used in breads, cereals and salads to boost the absorption rate. Linseed has the most quantity of phytoestrogens: 379,380 mcg per 100 g. There are about 85.5 mg lignans in one ounce of linseed.

Soybeans are one of the richest sources of phytoestrogens. The intake of foods rich in estrogen like these is known to provide relief from the symptoms of menstrual cycle in women. Edamame are the pods which are produced by soy plant. These are a great choice for snack as they pack a nutritional punch. One cup contains 24 mg of isoflavone or 103,920 mcg of phytoestrogen per 100 g.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Source

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The money is gone-it did not go into the infrastructure. We are still living with the very same outdated crap infrastructure from the 1960's.

You tell me where the money went.

Oh and our kids are not going to be light hearted about being enslaved because Obama didn't want the economy to have a correction.

You made the claim that it was wasted; you pony up the evidence. Or not, as you've shown your colors.

You were lying about Michelle Obama being responsible for crappy school lunches; I have no reason to continue to listen to dishonest or ignorant posts.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It all went into the trash, local or import.

link   

Source

Last one:

Do your own research.

link   

Ok

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What does that doc mean?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I guess it's time to inflict a tiny bit of reality on some ...

Michelle Obama didn't create the changes in school lunches alone or by some kind of nefarious fiat.

What has been in place is the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. It is a continuation of the Child Nutrition Act.

Yes, "Act" at the end means this was a law passed by Congress.

It was approved by a unanimous vote in the Senate, and a party-line vote in the House (Democrats were in control.)

This law, among many other things, set nutritional standards for School Lunches; the school districts set and created what was served.

The fault for the crappy lunches would fall on that local government so many of you profess to love; they are the ones that determine how to meet the requirements.

Reference

We already knew it was passed by Congress. You think they'd have said no to her? Of course not. You can blame local government if you'd like, but it was ©MichellE who set the rules.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It all went into the trash, local or import.

All?

That's a mighty big claim. And false.

More and more schools are trying to serve meals with food that was grown nearby. The U.S. Department of Agriculture just released some statistics documenting the trend. According to this "census" of farm-to-school programs, at least 42,000 schools spent almost $600 million on local food during the 2013-2014 school year. That's up almost 50 percent from the previous census, conducted two years earlier. (Both "censuses" were actually a questionnaire that the USDA sent to schools.)

The schools reported that when they served local food, their kids ate more healthful meals and threw less food in the trash.

www.npr.org...

farmtoschoolcensus.fns.usda.gov...
edit on 21-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: WUNK22

What a stupid women, and who the hell gave her control over school lunches?!? I'm so glad he is gone, and his husband!! Maybe we can heal this nation, and that's a big maybe.

If we "heal this nation" it won't have anything to do with you. And I would 100% guarantee that by any measure of intellect, that "stupid woman" would wipe the floor with you. There was nothing more anti-American about what Michelle Obama said than the crap that Donald Trump has said over and over about our country.

Once again, it's always the wingnuts talking about "there might be blood." SMH. How American of you.

I thought we were supposed to end hate speech (names and labels) and attacks on other members...

If you don't see anything wrong with someone who cant feel pride in this country unless it elects her husband POTUS then I suggest your bias is once again getting the better of you.

I have always been proud of my country. I have been terribly terribly ashamed of our leaders. Like when clinton was doing the cigar trick with his intern, or when obama refused to call terrorism by its name to serve his political agenda, or when pelosi said "You can read it after you sign it", or when biden, king of the vapid, said anything...

Just keep shaking your head. Maybe something will fall in to place and it will start working again.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I was going by the news and them showing trash cans full of MichellE trash.

Good video, maybe they are Obama haters?

edit on 21-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I was gong by the news and them showing trash cans full of MichellE trash. Good video, maybe they are Obama haters?

Well there lies the problem. You educate yourself with YT videos.

Follow the 2nd link I provided. They have something called statistics.

Numbers and stuff.

Not videos that appeal to your feelings.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You know it was passed by Congress, yet you continue to make fake posts suggesting that Mrs. Obama was responsible.

Yes, as it happens, most of the House Republicans "said no" to her by voting against the bill.

Your statements are little more than intentional lies at this point.

Local school boards design and implement programs to meet the requirements set by Congress.

Really, your adherence to fake news you heard on Fox all those years ago is appalling.
edit on 21-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Unless effective population-level interventions to reduce obesity are developed, the steady rise in life expectancy observed in the modern era may soon come to an end and the youth of today may, on average, live less healthy and possibly even shorter lives than their parents.

www.nejm.org...=article

Why is this happening now? Kids eating more and more fast food and highly processed food. Schools love highly processed food, because it's "easy" and cheap. Back in the 40's and 50's, kids were rarely fat. That's because fast food and highly processed food wasn't around in the quantities it is today. Kids ate more whole foods, more "real" foods.

This is what the school lunch guidelines were trying to do - bring whole "real" foods back into the menu.

Mark it down, I actually agree with you... Kids are eating more and more fast food because their parents are too lazy or too busy to cook for them... Back in the 40's and 50's, kids weren't fat, not only because there weren't processed foods, but also because they didn't sit around playing video games. Even in the 80's when I was a kid, most of my time was spent outside playing or riding my bike until my mom called me in for supper, and lunch if we were out of school.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Funny, soy is used as filler in lots of highly processed food, like the kind you guys want to bring back to the schools.

Food processors are always looking to increase profits. Substituting cheap soy products as a filler for part of the volume is one way that food processors "extend" a natural food like beef or chicken.
If you read labels at the grocery store, you’ll find soy protein isolates or textured soy protein in non dairy ice cream, whipped toppings, non fat dry milk, preformed hamburger patties and ready to bake meat loaves.

Soy is heavily used by the fast food and snack industries to extend profits. You can find it in chicken nuggets, energy bars, low carb snack foods, vegetarian meatless products and other processed foods.

www.healthy-eating-politics.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join