It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that Michelle Obama is out of White House - law enforcement hits her with an epic statement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Unless effective population-level interventions to reduce obesity are developed, the steady rise in life expectancy observed in the modern era may soon come to an end and the youth of today may, on average, live less healthy and possibly even shorter lives than their parents.

www.nejm.org...=article

Why is this happening now? Kids eating more and more fast food and highly processed food. Schools love highly processed food, because it's "easy" and cheap. Back in the 40's and 50's, kids were rarely fat. That's because fast food and highly processed food wasn't around in the quantities it is today. Kids ate more whole foods, more "real" foods.

This is what the school lunch guidelines were trying to do - bring whole "real" foods back into the menu.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wonder why it failed? I don't.

Utter incompetence at the local government level.

Next?

I see you're not going acknowledge or correct the pages of false material you've posted suggesting that this was a program designed and installed by Mrs. Obama?

Is that right?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So they should go back to buying the huge cans of "chemical" pudding with the sugar and trans fat? That certainly will be easier.

How did kids ever make it before 2009... Geez.

They didn't.

government statistics showed that 6 out of every 5 children died terribly before Obama.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And that takes $$$. It is going to take billions of $ to replace the knowledge and equipment that was thrown to the profit driven politicians we call school boards.

Good food isn't cheap, and it takes people who know what they are doing.

MichellE did not know what she was doing, she is a politician.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The prevalence of obesity in children more than tripled from 1971 to 2011. With good reason, childhood obesity is now the No. 1 health concern among parents in the United States, topping drug abuse and smoking.

American Heart Association

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

NO it is called unfunded mandates.

If there is no food processor (not a $30) to process the chick peas, no one gets hummus.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

NO it is called unfunded mandates.

If there is no food processor (not a $30) to process the chick peas, no one gets hummus.

These standards were set in place by an Act of Congress not Michelle Obama.

In point of fact, 4.5 BILLION was allocated to assist with implementation.

I wonder where all that went at the local level ... where of course, there is never any government corruption.
edit on 21-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The secret is there are no cooks. Everything is packaged and heated. The cooks retired in the 1990's.

In the 1980's is when the switch happened. The equipment was sold and just the heating equipment is needed now. In many respects, it is fast food.

Our lunches weren't the greatest in the 90's but it was always a hamburger, pizza, Stromboli, spaghetti, etc for a main meal, then some type of vegetable, a dessert, a roll or fries, and the salad bar. All for one buck. Way better than the scraps Mooch wanted the kids to eat.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Let's not forget the moving goal post of what over weight is too. At 5' 8" I am over weight due to my build. BMI is a crock, % of fat is way more accurate.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Same place as all that shovel ready sweet sweet tax $. Obama thought it was funny remember.

link   

Let's not forget the moving goal post of what over weight is too. At 5' 8" I am over weight due to my build. BMI is a crock, % of fat is way more accurate.

Now you're merely deflecting.

Bored now.

link   

So your solution is to feed kids highly processed food because it's easier and cheaper.

As was pointed out by Gryphon, it was up to the local school districts/gov to figure out the logistics of getting fresh whole foods on the menu. Some were pretty successful at it, others were not. That isn't the fault of the federal nutrition guidelines. That was the fault of the local districts. The nutritional guidelines were good.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Same place as all that shovel ready sweet sweet tax $. Obama thought it was funny remember.

Obama thought it was funny? How so?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Obama thought it was funny? How so?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have a lot more than that one. You got that image when you googled her school lunches and you skipped over a lot of other ones, be honest. And the one you posted looks disgusting unless you're a 30 year old woman on a strict diet.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Pissed away almost a trillion $ and he says shovel ready wasn't as shovel ready as we thought. Good video too.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The nutritional guidelines were set in an Act of Congress (setting up the School Lunch program).

The local school systems design the meals, not the Congress, and not Michelle Obama.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

1. Lots of anti-Obama people purposely left out food choices so they could take pics of sad lunches.

2. Some schools sucked at providing healthy foods while other schools did much better. My daughter was at a public school when the guidelines were first introduced, and her lunches were healthy, fresh and filling.

3. If you think peas, corn and black beans are disgusting, that is your personal issue.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And the one you posted looks disgusting unless you're a 30 year old woman on a strict diet.

Actually, salads (southwest-style) like the one she posted a pic of are very popular these days. So much so that fast food restaurants are following the trend.

A salad like that at a restaurant would be at least $10, or more depending on the area.

So I'd say that was a pretty good meal for a school lunch.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Nice shirt Sheriff !!!

Buck

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join