It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that Michelle Obama is out of White House - law enforcement hits her with an epic statement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think you can still e-mail MichellE, she is the simpleton who thought just saying something is like doing something.

That is a liberal trait, saying something is equal to doing something. It isn't.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Antipathy17
first 2 replies seem like trash that should be removed.

Again with the suppressing free speech?

Tsk tsk.

Your bigotry is against the rules, you know rules huh, those things that you people think only apply to Republicans.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You have a valid point.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

I would say that electing a black man president is what inflamed racial tensions in the US. #MAGA

Well obviously. White people voted him in and then got all racial about it. Yeah I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Tsubaki

This based off her abject failure of a horrible idea of wanting kids to eat terrible food.

You mean terrible food like fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains?

Now they can bring back the good stuff like mystery meat and canned pudding with chemicals and trans fat in it. Yay.

I'd rather have mystery meat than the # she called healthy and fulfilling.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Those guide lines are like saying you can have any car-
well it has to get over 43 MPG,
Oh it has to be hibred,
oh it has to be under 3,400 pounds curb weight.

But any car you want.

The guidelines focused on limiting saturated fat, sodium, sugar and eliminating foods with trans fats. The guidelines focused on requiring fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. It was up to the school to make it taste good.

I like how "it was up to the school to make it taste good." Here's a slice of tire, some o-rings, and some cardboard and 6 oz of water. If you don't like it, blame the school cooks.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
Well I was very proud of my country when Obama won. I did not expect to see it in my lifetime. I am also glad that our security forces prevented him from being assassinated as has been the fate of several presidents.

I am glad that the "Good old boys" did not burn any Crosses in the whitehouse .

Did you really expect to? Contrary to unpopular belief, those "good ol boys" that would have done that, gave up on them ways decades ago. This is why you shouldn't buy into the hype.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Don't fret. It looks like your kids will go back to eating fake pudding from the industrial-size can real soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The secret is there are no cooks. Everything is packaged and heated. The cooks retired in the 1990's.

In the 1980's is when the switch happened. The equipment was sold and just the heating equipment is needed now. In many respects, it is fast food.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well what is the answer? Was it MichellE's failed idea?

I have a little secret-bag lunch.

Edit:

Would you agree that MichellE's approach was a dismal failure? If so why and if not why?
edit on 21-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Left the country weaker than what, the way Bush left it.

Trump has torn the country apart in a month. And his divisiveness affects the whole world

What world is this guy live in

Do explain.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Nice try.

Here's an example of a school lunch that another kid took a picture of.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The nutritional guidelines were a good thing. It is a good thing to eat fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains. It is a good thing to eat less sugar, sodium and saturated fat. It is a good thing to stop eating any foods with trans fats.

If anyone failed, it was the schools. The schools didn't want to take the time to figure out how to work in the nutritional guidelines into their menus. It was easier to just give the kids crap out of a can that you buy in bulk.

Unfortunately I see many parents being just as lazy, which is why American kids of this generation will be the first to live shorter lifespans than their parents. Sad! (my Trump impersonation)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

source

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Would you agree that there are foods that are more or less liked by almost everyone?

Sure - everyone seems to "like" foods that have lots of sugar, sodium and fat (sodas, chips, ice cream, etc.). Give a kid a choice of a bag of chips or a bag of carrots, and he's gonna pick the chips every time.

They're kids for crying out loud. Have people forgotten what it's like to be a kid? They should, at the very least, get an entree, a choice of vegetable, and a dessert. My school always had a salad bar as well. You don't give kids friggin one tiny ass lunchable and expect them to be good to go until supper.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I guess it's time to inflict a tiny bit of reality on some ...

Michelle Obama didn't create the changes in school lunches alone or by some kind of nefarious fiat.

What has been in place is the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. It is a continuation of the Child Nutrition Act.

Yes, "Act" at the end means this was a law passed by Congress.

It was approved by a unanimous vote in the Senate, and a party-line vote in the House (Democrats were in control.)

This law, among many other things, set nutritional standards for School Lunches; the school districts set and created what was served.

The fault for the crappy lunches would fall on that local government so many of you profess to love; they are the ones that determine how to meet the requirements.

Reference

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The schools are not set up to be a nutritional guru's. You are living in the 1970's. There are no cooks, there is no equipment.

As I said, MichellE made a sweeping statement, and did not address the need for training, equipment and hiring of proper personnel.
It was a failed feel good stunt that was acting like doing something. But in actuality it was wasting tax $$ and was acting like she was doing something. This is a liberal trick, act not do.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
With the Obamas gone, the MSM is starting to air more divisive stories related to race and hate. Saw one on ABC Nightline last night, and thought to myself that they'd never run this while Obama was President.

Watch CBS News with Scott Pelley at 5:30 pm CST. You'll see them spend 15 minutes at the least on Trump Monday through Friday. They were spending about 8 minutes on Trump, negatively, during the campaign so I stopped watching it and turned it back on there Friday and yesterday and both days they spent 15 minutes or more talking negatively about him. It's not hard to see that they're against him. They even show skits from SNL and latenight talk shows that make fun of Trump. This isn't news and people don't care. This is also why more people trust Trump than the news.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So they should go back to buying the huge cans of "chemical" pudding with the sugar and trans fat? That certainly will be easier.

How did kids ever make it before 2009... Geez.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wonder why it failed? I don't.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join