It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Le Pen Shuts Down Ignorant Lebanon Leader

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wearedone
And this is why the 'Right' are being or to be elected all across the western world.

People enjoy seeing leaders or potential leaders with a backbone, when it comes to Islam.

I think it's more visceral than than. People are sick of leaders that tell them they are terrible people for being born in their country, that they are second-place to the rest of the world, and that everything their nation has ever achieved is somehow a terrible and ugly thing.

People want a leader who tells them that it's ok to feel proud of who they are. People want leaders who will put them first, not prioritise every Tom, Dick, and Mohammed from some retarded non-western hell hole where the average IQ is "potato".
edit on Ev00WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/ChicagoWed, 22 Feb 2017 08:00:51 -06006252017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

And this is why the 'Right' are being or to be elected all across the western world.

People enjoy seeing leaders or potential leaders with a backbone, when it comes to Islam.

I think it's more visceral than than. People are sick of leaders that tell them they are terrible people for being born in their country, that they are second-place to the rest of the world, and that everything their nation has ever achieved is somehow a terrible and ugly thing.

People want a leader who tells them that it's ok to feel proud of who they are. People want leaders who will put them first, not prioritise every Tom, Dick, and Mohammed from some retarded non-western hell hole where the average IQ is "potato".

I could not agree more

After François Hollande's gutless failure to run the country over here for the past 5 years I do believe that the French people just can not take this any more.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 22-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Uhh, I forgot to tell you that I am not a Muslim.

There are two definitions of 'people': human beings considered collectively and members of a particular nation, community or ethnic group.

What definition of 'people' are you actually using, the first or the second?

If you refer to the second definition, I will quote from Eric Hobsbawm:

"In France, Eric Hobsbawm argues, the French state preceded the formation of the French people. Hobsbawm considers that the state made the French nation, not French nationalism, which emerged at the end of the 19th century, the time of the Dreyfus Affair. At the time of the 1789 French Revolution, only half of the French people spoke some French, and 12-13% spoke it "correctly", according to Hobsbawm.[13]
edit on 22 2 2017 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

As far as IQ is considered, correct me if I'm wrong. Did you Brits in a millennium survey cast more votes for David Beckham or Robbie Williams than Shakespeare?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I was not allowed to make another edit, so I am adding my edit as a reply:

I forgot to tell you that I am not a Muslim.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

Uhh, I forgot to tell you that I am not a Muslim.

There are two definitions of 'people': human beings considered collectively and members of a particular nation, community or ethnic group.

What definition of 'people' are you actually using, the first or the second?

If you refer to the second definition, I will quote from Eric Hobsbawm:

"In France, Eric Hobsbawm argues, the French state preceded the formation of the French people. Hobsbawm considers that the state made the French nation, not French nationalism, which emerged at the end of the 19th century, the time of the Dreyfus Affair. At the time of the 1789 French Revolution, only half of the French people spoke some French, and 12-13% spoke it "correctly", according to Hobsbawm.[13]

As far as IQ is considered, correct me if I'm wrong. Did you Brits in a millennium survey cast more votes for David Beckham or Robbie Williams than Shakespeare?

By "people" I mean those who are part of the nation. This includes immigrants who have genuinely integrated, as they have chosen to become part of that nation.

As far as IQ goes, the average of 100 was based on standard western levels. Those levels are not consistent across the world, with the average IQ dropping to the low 80's (71-84 is "borderline intellectual functioning") as you cross the Mediterranean or head to the Middle East, and dropping again to the 65-75 range and occasionally as low as 60 in some regions (55-70 is "mild mental retardation") as you move further south. That's just the average, of course.

In relation to your other post, why do you consider it important to clarify your religion? Are you associating Islam with low IQs?

edit on Ev35WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/ChicagoWed, 22 Feb 2017 11:35:20 -06007742017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

"In relation to your other post, why do you consider it important to clarify your religion? Are you associating Islam with low IQs? "

Since you mentioned some Mohammed, I thought to clarify not my relegion (I am an atheist) , but my religious background.

I'm curious to know if you have some data to prove what you are claiming.

My bad. You don't have to provide any data. According to your logic, some highlanders in your northern part of the country must have a higher IQ level than those who live in the southern part.

As a side note, did you Brits really cast more votes for Robbie Williams than Shakespeare? The latter makes your life miserable, while the former does entertain you.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

"In relation to your other post, why do you consider it important to clarify your religion? Are you associating Islam with low IQs? "

Since you mentioned some Mohammed, I thought to clarify not my relegion (I am an atheist) , but my religious background.

I mentioned "Tom, Dick, and Mohammed" to make the point that it was a non-denominational comment, I wasn't just referring to muslim countries. This was the same reason I edited it to change "middle-east" to "non-western". Yet, someone still managed to drag it back to Islam.

I'm curious to know if you have some data to prove what you are claiming.

Happy reading.

Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen (2006) IQ and Global Inequality
Lynn, Richard; Meisenberg, Gerhard (July 2010). "National IQs calculated and validated for 108 nations". Intelligence. 38 (4): 353–360
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV)

Note - I'm using DSM-IV rather than 5 (which was the contemporary text) or ICD (as otherwise preferred in the UK) because the company I was writing for at the time... told me to use DSM-IV. They were paying the bills and there wasn't any real point in arguing. So, if you want to get really pedantic, the term "retardation" is indeed technically incorrect, it's now a "disability". I'm really not concerned that much.

According to your logic, some highlanders in your northern part of the country must have a higher IQ level than those who live in the southern part.

Then you either don't understand the logic or you're just ignoring it because you disagree or find it inconvenient. The former isn't an issue with me, it's with you, while the latter is... well, it's still an issue with you. I have no doubt that this particular dead horse still has plenty of flogging left in it. Call it intuition.

As a side note, did you Brits really cast more votes for Robbie Williams than Shakespeare? The latter makes your life miserable, while the former does entertain you.

Don't know, really don't care. People can lack exposure to the classics, they can lack knowledge, and they can lack taste. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about people who are intellectually retarded in a very real sense, not just "OMGWTF they like stuff that I don't like!" sense.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
His country, his rules.

That's the problem. In his country, where men make the rules, the women cover themselves up.

You may find that the 50% of his country are women. Women who are silenced and second class. They have no say in the rule-making.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"People want a leader who tells them that it's ok to feel proud of who they are. People want leaders who will put them first"

To complete my postings on this subject, I would say that the need or appeal for a strong leader serves in a way as a better sign or indication of non-intelligence than an IQ test.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

To complete my postings on this subject, I would say that the need or appeal for a strong leader serves in a way as a better sign or indication of non-intelligence than an IQ test.

We shall have to agree to disagree on that point, though I suppose it really comes down to the definition of a "strong leader". The Dalai Lama and Pope John Paul II are/were strong leaders. Hitler and Stalin could also be called strong leaders.

The issue with strength is not having it, but how you use it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

So here you go.

Marine LePen’s Fake Headscarf Controversy is Politicking at its Worst

flip.it...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So after about 15 years, Italy didn't become European, but it appears the EU has become Italian. It seems that all the EU can do in front of a newly undefeatable opponent, is stripping of MP immunity, and maybe next what? Vote the ineligibility? Where did the EU learn this stuff, from the Italian parliament against Berlusconi or somewhere else?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Once former president of Italy, Cossiga, praised communist opposition leader Bertinotti, because he would act as a moderate "safety valve" to allow angry italians to vote for him to blow steam off. I see that some people aren't getting Cossiga's teachings .....

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: 3daysgone

So here you go.

Marine LePen’s Fake Headscarf Controversy is Politicking at its Worst

flip.it...

Sounds to me like lefty spin.

The facts are that the Mufti wanted her head covered. She refused and quite rightly so.

It no longer amazes me in quite the same way that those on the ctrl-left are total strangers to the truth.

They are slaves to their dogma.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join