It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump's New EO Immigration Memos; Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Gee thats a tough one
airfare vs coyote.....hmmm cant seem to figure this one out.....

I do not think the situation you described is the one referenced in the EO.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

According to ICE – Immigration and Customs Enforcement – human smugglers are not the same as human traffickers. Human smuggling involves the voluntary intention to get yourself smuggled across international borders, and a smuggler or coyote, is your facilitator. Human trafficking, on the other hand, is the transportation of people with the purpose of selling them or exploiting them in forced prostitution and other forms of labor. In trafficking, people are usually held against their consent.

I was curious so i looked it up, smuggling is not the same as trafficking. Makes sense.

There have been several reports of human smugglers selling migrants off to the cartels for kidnapping, trafficking, and recruitment.  There have also been reports of smugglers abandoning migrants at some point in the journey after charging the fees. Gabriella Sanchez, an anthropologist who studies human smuggling, says these risks are higher when migrants use smugglers they don’t know and that are not connected to their communities. Also, the lower the smuggling fee, the higher the risk of being sold off or targeted.

I think you could at least add reckless endangerment or child neglect to any charges of relatives paying for children to be smuggled into the country.

sauce
edit on 21-2-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Gee thats a tough one
airfare vs coyote.....hmmm cant seem to figure this one out.....

I do not think the situation you described is the one referenced in the EO.

The "EO" isn't out yet. This is a memo from Homeland Security, Secretary Kelly, about upcoming procedures. When the EO does actually come out, we'll see the actual wording and how it makes a distinction. But the current memo in question doesn't reference a distinction between the 2 cases, in my opinion.

edit on 21-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What new EO ?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The one that Trump has promised us, and that Secretary Kelly has outlined in a his published "blue print" memos to his department and released to the press, which isn't "out" yet.

edit on 21-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I thought the outlines are referring to an EO from Jan 25th ?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Parents who put their children at risk by having them illegally enter the country are exposing them to the dangers of illegal human trafficking. That is where the children get snatched up into child slavery, and they keep the parents money too. Probably blackmail them for more ransom even as they exploit their children for even more money.

Trump is being a champion of human rights by blocking this traffic in any way possible, including jailing parents who illegally try to get their kids in.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have to admit that I've only skimmed the outlines/memos, but according to the article I linked, summing up the memos for us, the memos reference the changes the new EO will reflect, from the Jan 25th EO and the reasons why, inserting a lot of arguments and justification.

Like I said in the my OP, there's a lot of stuff in there, but this thread is about (my problem with) charging relatives, who have paid for safe transport of the minor undocumented children they're harboring, with "Human Trafficking".

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

As I suspected.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

He isn't blocking anything because these parents are not asking for his permission. Nice try at spinning though.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Okay Sherlock!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: TinfoilTP

He isn't blocking anything because these parents are not asking for his permission. Nice try at spinning though.

Sure he is, he is going to arrest them, which in turn will be highly publicized so that it discourages other legal immigrants living in the US from choosing the illegal methods of getting their children into the US.

That is a huuuuge block of epic proportions, making him a Humanitarian Hero.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yes they should but how do you think 1000s of "illegal immigrants" travel across Mexico with no permits ?
the coyotes pay off the "Federales"....

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Sure he is, he is going to arrest them, which in turn will be highly publicized so that it discourages other legal immigrants living in the US from choosing the illegal methods of getting their children into the US.

Sure he is. The risk of getting caught has always existed when dealing with illegal methods. Never stopped a damn thing before but you keep believing your own spin if you want.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Talk about going for low hanging fruit.

Ok I dont agree with parents bringing there children over illegally and it should be stopped.

But i think its the wrong time to go after them.

ICE has limited resources. I think the priority should be finding and hunting down adult criminals first and deporting them as they are the biggest danger and should be the first priority and it will be the hardest.

This though might be easy and produce quick results but its going to back fire PR wise.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Ok I dont agree with parents bringing there children over illegally and it should be stopped.

ICE has limited resources. I think the priority should be finding and hunting down adult criminals first and deporting them as they are the biggest danger and should be the first priority and it will be the hardest.

This though might be easy and produce quick results but its going to back fire PR wise.

PR? You are worried about PR?

Trump could cure leprosy, cancer and aids while feeding all the hungry people on earth and he would still get bad PR from the Very Fake News.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: crazyewok

PR? You are worried about PR?

Trump could cure leprosy, cancer and aids while feeding all the hungry people on earth and he would still get bad PR from the Very Fake News.

If Trump could do all of that, it would redeem himself in my eyes a little bit

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avicenne
It's been only one month and it's already a Nazi Nation.
This is not the U.S of America.

Agent Orange will destroy everything brave American heros have fought hard to make this country what it is.

Congrats alt right *#%holes.

Wrong! The United States is a sovereign nation, not a subsidiary of Mexico, and its taxpayers are not responsible for the welfare of Mexico's citizens. It is way past time for the Mexican government, and its citizens, to stop feeding parasitically off the United States and to start taking care of their own citizens. They have a country just as other countries... Try running those countries for the people instead of running it for a few well connected corrupt individuals.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Spot on. Thanks for your common sense post. Why arn't all these "caring for illegal immigrants and human trafficking" American citizens going to those countries that do nothing to help their own?

Enough is enough. We arn't Nazis or bad guys. We have to take care of our own first.

If you cared enough you'd be working in those poor, third world countries like Mother Teresa-trying to get homeless or young prostitutes sold by their parents out of those dangerous situations.

Really sick of armchair saviours.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm confused aren't they all living. Non living people are called corpses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join