It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss Clifford Stone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'd like to discuss Sgt. Clifford Stone. A very unique, one of a kind person whom speaks with passion and conviction about some of the most interesting topics you could discuss on ET and other very esoteric topics. I discovered Sgt. Stone about three or four year ago, and fell into the abyss of his stories, interviews and documents. I should say that first and foremost while I want to believe in many esoteric, paranormal, or unusual things that used to drive this forum, I am always a critic and use my logic and reason first. To further dwindle my conundrum of belief, in the past six months I have become a devoted Christian which above all else has settled my mind and given me many answers to the deeper questions I had about life, Earth, and The Universe. I understand that some may check out at this point, Christianity can be seen as weakness by some, but I disagree, I am stronger than ever. Now, back to Sgt. Stone.

I have not revisted Clifford's interviews and documents in about two years, but most of the information has been retained. I know that Clifford took part in a very informative AMA here a few years back and that is quite the thread to delve into. My main point in this topic is to see where other people's opinion on him lie. When I think of Clifford I think of two options, bat # crazy, or someone very special. We have evidence that points to both sides of that argument. To me the aspect of his story that makes sense is that he has considerable cooperation from his family, they certainly don't seem to think he is nuts. Also his story tends to stay the same, except one huge aspect which in itself is defendable. The story where has been visited by an ET since he was a child, chosen by the Alien powers to be a medium to provide some kind of communication with Earth, is often left out of many interviews. Why? Because it makes him sound nuts, and if he is not nuts, he probably knows that disclosing this odd element of his life would totally discredit him when it comes to promoting disclosure. The fact that he can rattle off a list of 30 some odd Alien species with great description of their physical form and psychological objectives, also rings an alarm bell as a nut bag. It sounds like sci-fi. It sounds like some form of Scientology. The thing that keeps me thinking about Clifford is his demeanor, his sense of honesty and passion, he doesn't speak like a liar, or a manipulator. Since he hasn't been discussed in some time, does anyone have any new info on Sgt. Stone? Does anyone have any interesting opinion or perspective on this man? To me he's always been one of the strongest most compelling character in the disclosure scene, and I'd like to crack this case open once again.

For anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about you can get a great peak into this man's story through these links at this website.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffJordan

Didn't Stone state that he had been taken to another Planet ?

Not the type of chap i would take seriously if i am honest.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yeah I think that he was "transported", not sure if means physically or otherwise buy yes I believe he was in a "space ship" at some point in his life, in outer space.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffJordan
The thing that keeps me thinking about Clifford is his demeanor, his sense of honesty and passion, he doesn't speak like a liar, or a manipulator.

Oh holy hell! This is something that makes me cringe every time I hear Clifford Stone supporters say it. Because he cries when he talks about his ET friends, or that he seems so "sweet," you take that as a strong indicator of truth.

ACTING!!! Some people are gifted actors! It's a thing- acting. People even make a profession out of acting. It is not an indicator of truth.

Or, he could be a bit nuts, and he believes the story that he made up for himself.

Something about him has always felt "off" to me. However, I won't use that to support my "he's a fake" stance, because I hate it when people use the opposite ("I believe so-and-so is telling the truth because it just rings true to me") to support their belief. I WILL say that in an interview with Kevin Randle, he discusses the time he first met Mr. Stone in person.

What happened? Well first, they met YEARS after Mr. Stone was no longer in the army. However, he showed up for the interview in his uniform. Anyone who has been in the military knows that you don't go around town in your uniform after you've been discharged.

Then, Mr. Stone walked by the interviewers with a file that prominently said "Top Secret" on it, on the side of the folder facing the interviewers. Casually walked by with it.

That's definitely not how top secret information is kept, and any former soldier knows it.

Seems to me that he was trying to seem like his story is legit.

My suspicion? He's been researching the ET-UFO topic for a long time; he's clearly done a ton of work, with all of the information he's unearthed from his many FOIA requests. But I think he made up this little world of him being an ET "interfacer" in his head long ago, and wants it to be true so badly that he can even make himself cry as he tells his made-up stories.

Seeming "sincerity" is not proof of someone's truthfulness.

edit on 21-2-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I believe Clifford Stone is one of several Walter Mittys of the UFO world. An unassuming man, rather portly, he was made a clerk-typist in the Army after being initially classified 4F because of a skin condition. in other words, he's not your typical Ranger or Green Beret character. He "served" behind a typewriter. He says he retired as an SFC, which is an E-7, after 22 years service. That is a reasonable rank for that many years, but not particularly exemplary. In other words, Stone does not fit the stereotype of a tough sergeant and leader of men. He is rather a back-room sort of guy who quietly does his job with a whole lot less stress than a sergeant leading his company into battle.

That's not to say that the Army doesn't need people like him or that his service was not honorable. It's just that his demeanor is incongruous compared to the story he tells. We need not recount the story here. Just google him and he pops up everywhere. He talks of 57 different races, traveling via wormholes, and that he just happens to have been involved in UFO's major cases. These include Bentwaters, Tehran, the Belgian Triangles, and the Phoenix Lights. Now just think about that for a moment. He says he was art of a crash recovery team. None of the incidents above involved any cash retrieval. Tehran was about an Iranian pilot who encountered a UFO. The Belgian Triangles and Phoenix Lights were observational in nature. And Bentwaters encountered crafts, but they hadn't crashed. None of them were under the jurisdiction of the US Army. Bentwaters was strictly Air Force. So the question becomes, how did he manage to be involved in all those cases?

It just doesn't pass the smell test for me. The overall story is not cohesive. It's much too dramatic for an enlisted US Army clerk-typist.
edit on 2/21/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I sampled his website. As an old UFO abductee from back in 1964, I always have been interested in the phenomena and personalities that interject themselves into the situation, I would put him and a couple of other recent old geezers claimants down as simply full of ..it.

I would say that much of what he says is true in generalities, such as many different ETs visiting us, but to go naming them and putting faces on them is getting into the fringe area that no old sergeant would have been involved in. He resembles what he was, a clerk-typist, not a special ops member of the highest abilities. The fast response team he claims to have lead would have been a tough crew that jumped from C-130s to any fresh crash site.

I didn't read much, but the section I clicked on mentioned him being an interpreter for the military that communicated with any captured ETs. Man! That was the icing on the cake! Clever of him to add that aspect to his story because it leads off in dozens of other, unsubstantiated, directions.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffJordan

This guy is a disinfo agent....

Back in 1999/2000 when Steven Greer and many others stood up and admitted to knowledge concerning alien life. Clifford Stone was one of these guys and when he spoke he was straight faced and not crying. At no time did he say they were friendly. Back in 1999/2000 he spoke about different types of aliens found within and nearby crashed saucers...

He is overacting like Jim Carrey..... today with fake tears running down his face....

Fake News and Fake tears......is what Clifford Stone is made up of.....

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I'd like to hear your story, if you don't mind. I see you have a ton of posts here so I'm assuming it's come out before, care to link me?

As for everyone else, I appreciate your debunking. There was a part of me that wanted to believe in Stone but yeah, his stories are wild as all hell. While they seem fairly consistent, I do remember his dialogue with Greer being a little "less" than his stories I read elsewhere.

Why would you call him a "disinformation agent" who would employ him to do so? Or do you simply mean that he's full of # and guiding everyone in the wrong direction without any purpose or cause?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
his book has absolutely nothing worth repeating.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Lots of info on the interwebs about him, if there is any truth to his claims, its impossible to tell the truth from apparent exaggerations. Hard to believe there are as many saucer recoveries as he claims without more leaks/evidence, or that aliens would crash so often with superior technology.

Ask me anything here on ATS
AMA

Another interview
Q&A

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
As a life long abductee myself, I have a very difficult time believing Clifford.
I enjoy listening to him and his stories are... entertaining for a lack of a better word.

I wanted to believe him in the beginning but then he began making interviews with another older man - Robert Dean - and when that happened there was no longer any doubt in my mind that Clifford was making everything up.

But i do listen to his stories or interviews when newer ones comes out.

top topics

join