It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Prophetic Movie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: TheBulk

How outraged were you when Obama was calling fox fake news?

Source please. BTW Fox News is fake news. I will concede that CNN is fake news only if you point out a few the past few weeks. Google Politico CNN and see how much of fake news came from the right. You can look the same up for Fox News.

Man I'm not doing your research for you. This is common knowledge. People have been talking about it a lot recently. If you seriously doubt it, just Google it. Since you're pretending not to know about it, I take it the answer is no you were not outraged when Obama called media critical of him fake.

And of course the media that gives a perspective you disagree with is fake news. Oh the irony.
edit on 21-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Another movie that is prophetic. Especially with all the buzzing about the fake news. You tell me.

it clearly says TRUMAN the same as the apron the women is wearing, TRUMANS BAR!!!! Can you seriously not read that?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: TheBulk

How outraged were you when Obama was calling fox fake news?

Source please. BTW Fox News is fake news. I will concede that CNN is fake news only if you point out a few the past few weeks. Google Politico CNN and see how much of fake news came from the right. You can look the same up for Fox News.

Man I'm not doing your research for you. This is common knowledge. People have been talking about it a lot recently. If you seriously doubt it, just Google it. Since you're pretending not to know about it, I take it the answer is no you were not outraged when Obama called media critical of him fake.

And of course the media that gives a perspective you disagree with is fake news. Oh the irony.

I told you to google it and you told me to google it. LMAO.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

it clearly says TRUMAN the same as the apron the women is wearing, TRUMANS BAR!!!! Can you seriously not read that?

You're right. I can't read that.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I think it would be a good idea to re-edit your op and actually write your point down for us to analyze. Yes I know it's about waking up from the matrix.

What do you suggest?

How about an explanation of what the # you're talking about?

I see a picture with no context and a sentence with no explanation, and nobody has any idea what thought you're trying to convey.

The opening post is the internet equivalent of a drawing on a napkin find stuck to the bottom of my shoe while walking down the street!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There was a word for fake news during WWII, "Lügenpresse", coined by Hitler when the press was trying to expose him. Trump supporters sometimes chant the German word at rallies.

History repeats itself.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Chadwickus

In what way?

I believe I've explained that.

No. You really didn't

I'd imagine you're going to say that it's "TRUM"......

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
High quality post.

2 pages in and I still have no clue what is going on here

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That movie was about the blurred lines between the "Fake" and the "Real" in reality TV shows.

I suppose you could apply that to what's happening today, but I wouldn't call it prophetic. I mean, it's not like those ideas about the ills of reality TV were not talked about at the time the film came out.

The Truman Show was holding a mirror up to a part of our pop culture at the time the movie was made; it wasn't necessarily a prophecy of things to come.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You need to elaborate on the conversation you have in your head, cause we cant read your mind

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

LOL!

They even have red brims. Too funny.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sorry folks. It was a thread made in a drunken stupor.

I'm rather embarrassed.

I guess I was trying to explain how the movie reflects the reality of today with Trump and fake news. And how the media is influencing us.

And yes I was trying to point out the hats. Hahaha. Just don't mind me.

edit on 2/21/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

We've all been there!

Infact i'd go as far to say 75% of my threads are beer inspired, but next time you get inspiration to post while on the sauce remember to translate it for those of us not on it!

None the less, good film choice and I can see where you were going with it now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join