It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much does it cost to protect the First Family?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the correct forum, Mods do your thing if you must, but this is entertaining.

I came access the following article and thought I'd share, Cost of Trump family security vexes New York and Florida officials.

Schumer, the Senate Democratic leader, inserted himself into the debate on Sunday, saying it costs $500,000 per day for nearly 200 police officers to protect Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, which houses the Trump family business headquarters and serves as the home of the first lady, Melania Trump, and the couple’s son, Barron. The senator estimated the cost could rise to as much as $183m annually.

At current estimates, even a four-year Trump administration could be heading for a billion dollars in taxpayer-borne costs

Cough, 1bn.

Now I know the Trump cliff jumpers around here will point out that Schumer is the Senate Democratic leader and the numbers he is claiming are grossly over inflated. My answer to you is, yes he is, there is no denying that and yes he probably is over inflating the numbers.

But what about $500m, I'd be reckoning that's within the realms of possibility if the first family can get away with this next one;

Last week, Eric Trump and his brother, Donald Trump Jr, traveled to Dubai to open a Trump-branded golf course. Estimates compiled by the Washington Post, put the cost of Secret Service hotel bills alone in excess of $16,000. Meanwhile, Eric Trump’s trip to visit a Trump-brand condo tower in Uruguay cost an estimated $100,000 in hotel bills.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It is not only about protecting the first family.

It is about being able to quickly put down any hostiles without undue civilian casualties.

If you did not have such a vast array of enemies you would not need so much security.

While you are at it, determine the cost of policing these anti-Trump rallies ... but no ... that is not on your play list.

Obviously with one small but noisy bunch of moronic citizens suggesting to everyone that he needs to be assassinated, you need beefed up security.

So blame the idiots.

P

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

First guess is a whole bunch of bananas.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Tell me how much $1 Billion matters in the grand scheme of $20 trillion in national debt and continued wasteful spending on any number of other sh*tbag programs that never should have received federal (or State for that matter) funding in the first place.

This is not even close to a microscopic 'drop in the bucket'

Get real.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

so what if his trip cost 100,000$ in hotel bills, that is not on the tax payer dime. You notice the article does not say the taxpayer footed $100,000 in lodging, it just says thats the hotel bills. The only thing the taxpayer would be on the hook for is the salary of the Secret Service and their hotel bills. $16,000 for multiple security and support personnel is perfectly reasonable.

Also, wtf is with this number???

saying it costs $500,000 per day for nearly 200 police officers

Thats $2500 per day per officer. Did I miss something? When did NYPD officers start making $50,000 a month, $600,000 a year (based on those numbers) ??? And the Secret service is there too. Why be a lawyer or specialized doctor, when you can just be a beat cop an be a millionaire in two years under Chuck Schumer's NYPD

Anyone care to esplain how it costs $2500 per day for uniformed or even over time off duty officers to guard something?? I would really like to hear that one.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Regardless of what tax dollars are spent on, to ignore the percentage of tax dollars needed to pay the bills persay, and to focus on the minute details is taking 2 steps backwards.

In the 50's, the U.S. had approximately 2/3 of generated tax dollars to use as discretionary spending. Fast forward to 2016, the federal government requires 80% of tax dollars to keep the depleted infrastructure functioning.

To start knit-picking at a few million here and there in a completely hijacked system by politicians is to be picking through thorn bushes... there is no reward in the bush... just thorns.

Here's another stomach turning financial stat. Since when does being a politician result in having the wealthiest counties in the country? If there is no money, and politicians magically live in wealth when they produce no good of financial value. Isn't it that our tax dollars are to be limiting their incomes? You would assume CA has the wealthiest counties... being Silicon Valley is there and all.

www.newser.com...

edit on 20-2-2017 by ttobban because: incomplete sentence...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I find it hilarious that a political party that was fine taking the national debt to 20 trillion dollars now has concerns about how their government spends money.

Of course, it's the new hated first family so you'd probably be a lot happier if they had no security so one of the radical left can jihad Baron.

Seriously.. it wouldn't cost so much of money that isn't yours if your party wasn't so full of hateful nutjobs.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

I find it hilarious that a political party that was fine taking the national debt to 20 trillion dollars now has concerns about how their government spends money.

Totally agree with that.

Of course, it's the new hated first family so you'd probably be a lot happier if they had no security so one of the radical left can jihad Baron.

Seriously.. it wouldn't cost so much of money that isn't yours if your party wasn't so full of hateful nutjobs.

Couple of monumental assumptions on your part there bud.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You notice the article does not say the taxpayer footed $100,000 in lodging, it just says thats the hotel bills. The only thing the taxpayer would be on the hook for is the salary of the Secret Service and their hotel bills. $16,000 for multiple security and support personnel is perfectly reasonable.

I think you'll find those numbers were actually retrieved from purchase orders and not Trump purchase orders.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

And then there is this:

Trump’s first month travel expenses cost taxpayers just less than what Obama spent in a year
Meanwhile, his budget proposal cuts programs for poor people.

The three Mar-a-Lago getaways, combined with the hundreds of thousands of public dollars spent on Secret Service protection during two international trips Trump’s adult sons have taken to promote their father’s business, cost taxpayers about $11.3 million over the first month’s of Trump’s presidency, according to the UK-based Independent.

President Obama, by contrast, spent an average of $12.1 million on travel each year.

thinkprogress.org...

And again I ask, "Did you really think Trump gave a *&^*(% about the average US worker"? And just why did you think so --- because he said so .... perhaps.

Yep - a real outsider and champion of the people.
edit on 21-2-2017 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

To be honest, I'm not really a Trump basher. He was democratically elected.

It is the manner in which the (holiday) money is being spent as well as the quantum. I know some have already stated that it's just a drop in the ocean, but hes only just gotten in and the bill is starting to increase rapidly.

And it's not just Trump, it's the rest of the family and cronies that appear to not care about the expenditure.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

The cost to protect Trump is so high because unlike Obama before him he and his family have received 1,000s of death threats from unhinged liberals who have proven them selves to be highly motivated domestic terrorists.

If the Left doesn't want to pay to protect his family then stop threatening them.

edit on 2017/2/21 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The only thing the taxpayer would be on the hook for is the salary of the Secret Service and their hotel bills.

Their hotel bills at... Trump Tower. 24/7 to protect Melania. Guess who gets that money? Do you understand why Melania is staying there now instead of at the white house with him?

Tax dollars also paid for the $200,000 initiation fee for each secret service agent who will be staying at Mar-a-Lag-O, which Trump conveniently doubled when he became president... Guess who gets that money?

This is more of a business scam than it is a presidency.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Point taken to a point.

I would refer you to the last quote in the OP.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceonearth332211

LOL, nice one.

It may well be served with a pineapple desert, time will tell I suppose.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

A small bunch of moronic citizens huh?

Millions across the globe is not quite a small bunch.
It's millions of people in constant protest from inauguration day forward .
Every day with every move he makes. Not just in America but around the world. It's so humiliating. He's made us laughing stock.

You have to see this. You can't be that blind.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Er, too much. I am amazed by the number of bodyguards and all paraphernalia that surrounds your president. It's all too much - too over-done. The US could save a few dollars by implementing reasonable security.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

The secret service does not pay these membership fees, and have found no citations declaring as such. They are there to guard him, and their salary is going to be paid no matter where they go.

Obama traveled to eight destinations for business as well in 2009 in the month of February. How about we find out how much that costs before we just swallow up the media narrative that Trump's travels are costing more than average.

new topics

top topics

join